Sign in to follow this  
teabagginpeople

Fix -wish list. 2 wishes.

As the title says. Two fixes or changes for arma 3.  if you had the say on to get priority on a fix. It might be wise to be realistic.  

I'll get the ball rolling in no particular order.

The flickering lods. (big impact on the visual aspect of arma. But also affecting gameplay immersion).  

The memory leak. Speaks for itself.  While I don't get it  nearly as often as some. I understand the frustration of those that do.(Was tempted to say Ai.  But I have a feeling although not perfect far from. when wild lands drops, some appreciation for armas might shine).

• Like 2

BIS ... sort the flickering LODs.   Jesus, this is sooo annoying!  The 'mobile' ground clutter is also friggen annoying. 

As you can tell this is getting on our tits.

Yeah the grass/shrubs thing totally astounds me. They don't form their full LOD's until you're literally right on top of them. I mean it's so clearly and obviously present in the vanilla game I don't understand why they'd allow it to represent their product for as long as it has.

Every video someone posts and it's there. Far be it from me to understand the cause or how easy a fix might be though. 

• Like 1

And yet I can't remember seeing any official word on a fix for the grass popping!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, kremator said:

Perhaps it is going to be a paid DLC!

Arma 3: Orange DLC = Agent Orange = no more problems with flickering LODs on shrubs?

• Like 3

I think the clutter LOD flickering also seems worse because the LOD blending tech now works pretty well to reduce jarring LOD transitions for trees, buildings, vehicles etc. It's a shame, because the game has come a long way visually considering the limitations of the engine.

Perhaps the performance impact is too high to smooth LOD transitions for ground clutter? Or maybe they want to implement it but haven't done so yet. Or maybe clutter visual problems are just going to remain another of those "deal with it, it's Arma3" issues along with no inland/running  water, no females, no furniture, poor vehicle AI, poor multicore usage etc ad nauseum.

• Like 3

Part of me wonders if maybe there isn't a proper bug report on the tracker for the grass/shrubs LOD's. The only one I've seen (though note, I rarely, if ever browse the tracker), says it's a GTX 970 issue. Only later in the actual ticket does the user acknowledge its not a GFX card or driver issue.

Maybe we need a better titled ticket?

2 biggest pet peeves:

1.AT AI that won't fire his damn weapon. Worst is it you just tell him to engage at will and then watch him run off 3000m like a basset hound to find his 'sweet spot'. I would say the general experience between AI infantry and tanks needs some super bad McLuvin.

2. AI not built to understand windows and doors and work them or clear a house without a mod.

With mods this game is gold however

• Like 4

3 hours ago, froggyluv said:

2 biggest pet peeves:

1.AT AI that won't fire his damn weapon. Worst is it you just tell him to engage at will and then watch him run off 3000m like a basset hound to find his 'sweet spot'. I would say the general experience between AI infantry and tanks needs some super bad McLuvin.

I'd say now is as good a time as any to get tank related bugs fixed so if you haven't, open a ticket.

I've noticed when DLC is approaching, the devs seem keen on fixing bugs relating to it. And infantry AI not engaging paid DLC is one I'd imagine they'd take a peak at if you can lay clearly some steps to repro the issue.

Hear what your saying but Im just too sour cranky lemon bitters to at this point. Ive made and shown no less than 3 AI vs AT problems to the Devs over the past couple years which I think they replied with a "Cool Vid froggy" - which was nice to be noticed but nothing came of it. Opening tickets is a young mans game

*kicks cat*

*slams wine*

*pets cat*

• Like 2

3 FPS bug ... 

aint buying any of the coming DLCs until that bug is fixed, I think that's a fair transaction.