Sign in to follow this  
sic-disaster

Sniper Elite 4

So SE4 hit and so far it's really enjoyable. Alternative settings for almost every piece of gear, bigger and more open maps, new ways to traverse them, somewhat improved AI, somewhat improved XRAY killcam, and the ability to save on Authentic difficulty... That's pretty much all I could ask for in a Sniper Elite sequel. Though authentic mode is still the only way for me to play the game, as the minimap and aim assist just make the entire thing feel rather pointless. Your job as a sniper is to observe your surroundings and take advantage, don't want a minimap to do that for me. The aim assist is useful for getting to grips with the ballistics model but I didn't even use it so far. Took me a while to get the hang of it but now I've gotten a pretty good feel for it and even made some kills at 200 meters, which I'm pretty happy with :)

Also, I started a let's play series on Authentic difficulty:

I know what you mean by the minimap thing, I couldn't enjoy The Witcher 3 until I disabled the minimap & pointers (Same for Skyrim). Until I did that, the game was basically:

Follow the arrow

When you get there, do The Thing

When you've done The Thing, follow the arrow again

As you describe this as open, I will take a looky at it.

• Like 1

Not going to watch your vid Sic, saving the surprise for myself, im a big fan of the series and own all the Sniper Elite games.

I've watched several reviews already, and am rather excited for the game.

I have SE4 on my steam wishlist, and was back and forth whether to get it right away, wait for a sale, or wait til i get done with some, or a project for Arma3 here as I have plenty of them.

Only main concern I have about getting the game is that I took the "Can u run it" test my test results---> http://prntscr.com/e8mejo

Basically my CPU is holding me back, so idk if i should wait til i upgrade which atm idk when, maybe not til end of spring, or buy and and see what happens.

Sniper Elite 3 plays great on my system, I can run the game with everything maxed so im kinda of wondering if it might be the same or not.

Anyways aside that, the only thing that really bothered me the most in Sniper Elite 3 was the gun sounds for the sniper rifles, they sounded like cannons, and most of them used the same sound

instead of like a rifle, surely they have changed in SE4, do they sound more realistic?

Also the seasons pass, which is the DLC for it, I've read that it doesn't release til later I guess, have you ordered it?

Yup, same for me, loved SE2 and SE3, but i'll wait until it becomes a little less expensive. Playing Dishonored 2 in the meantime.

I'm also playing this, it's basicly just more of the same in a different setting but it's great fun so i'm pleased :)

15 minutes ago, kavoven said:

Can you disable the disgusting kill cam?

Yes. There is an option that allows you to turn it off entirely.

On 19.2.2017 at 11:02 AM, sic-disaster said:

Yes. There is an option that allows you to turn it off entirely.

Great, thanks. Looks like a great Coop game!