Sign in to follow this  
E. Manning

Unit Modpack Protection?

Greetings.

I've been wanting to create a modpack for my unit with custom gear, rifles, etc. but wanted a way to keep their functionality within the unit while still allowing the models, sounds, etc. to be seen for Joint Operations.

For example, lets say we have a mod for a rifle. Would it be possible to have two mods, one mod with the rifle animations, sounds, model, etc... but have the bullet damage value set to almost nothing? Then have a second mod that overrides the original damage value to deal fully lethal damage?

Or if that specific example is bad: Have one mod for a scope that lets players see it on the gun but when they use it, the scope has no reticle. But then a second mod adds in the reticle.

Would this be possible?

As far as i know, it's possiible what you want with overwriting old Settings (aka Replacement Config), but keep in mind, the Client need both PBOs, so it's not a real protection. You can't really protect your things so that only your Unit can use it, because you share the Mod with Peoples you maybe not know personally. So if they grab it or share it with others, you loose a little bit of control on Distribution of Mods.