Sign in to follow this  
pcc

Unable to increase warfare fasttravel speed

I've tried increasing the following variable to 300 from 75 and it made no difference in travel rate.

BIS_WF_Constants SetVariable["FASTTRAVELSPEED",300];

Also tried setting BIS_WF_GetFastTravelTime = 1 and it also made no difference. 

BIS_WF_GetFastTravelTime isn't a value, it's a function (script).

You'll want to review these scripts to see how the BIS_WF_Constants variable FASTTRAVELSPEED is (or is not) used:

Client\Functions\Client_GetFTTime.sqf

This is BIS_FNC_GETFTTIME in scripts.

Common\Functions\Common_GetFastTravelTime.sqf

This is BIS_WF_GetFastTravelTime in scripts.

The supply ratios set for towns and their supply points seem to have more to do with the Fast Travel time.

FASTTRAVELSPEED also appears in these two .SQS scripts.  Maybe they're from the older version of Warfare having the "classic" interface, or maybe I'm not looking in the right place; but I don't find them being called up by anything:
Client\GUI\GUI_UpdateFT.sqs
Client\GUI\GUI_UpdateMissionMap.sqs

• Like 1

I tried with the following in Init_Common.sqf

BIS_WF_GetFastTravelTime = Compile PreprocessFileLineNumbers ("Common\Functions\Common_GetFastTravelTime.sqf");

Then I modified the Common_GetFastTravelTime.sqf, but it doesn't seem like its calling the modified version at all.  I tested it by moving it to different directory and it didn't throw file not found error. 

From what I can tell, BIS_WF_GetFastTravelTime only gets called by Server\Functions\Server_AITeamFastTravel.sqf.  So it probably only pertains to AI fast traveling.

Server\Functions\AITeamMove.sqf decides whether or not to initiate Fast Travel for AI; but for Player fast travel begins in Client\GUI\GUI_MapDiaryEH.sqf.

In my testing I could only get BIS_WF_GetFastTravelTime to show a message when BIS_WF_DebugMarkers = true.

• Like 1