Sign in to follow this  
DieselJC

Mod not Loading

So I downloaded the new VSM all in one collection mod but am having real issues getting it to work correctly..I uploaded the mod to the server just as I always do..put the keys in the keys folder and put the title in the Mod line but the server doesnt read the Mod at all..its like it isnt even in there. At first I loaded it with all of my other Mods loaded then went back and loaded just the VSM Mod and still the server wouldnt read it. I asked about this on the VSM thread but no luck. I have 7 other mods that work fine and havent had any issues with but the VSM Mod just wont work properly. I get nothing in the rpt it just boots me when I try and go into the server. If I disable it on the clientside I can get in just fine. Just wondering what some things may be causing it not to read the Mod.

The folder is named  @VSM All-In-One Collection

I was told take out the spaces,use underscores and also to shorten the name..all of witch failed to do anything.

I use battleeye and I have verifySignatures at 2.

If anyone has any suggestions on where to look I'd appreciate that.

Diesel

Rename mod folder to @VSM, edit your command line params to reflect this, remove all missions from your MpMissions folder, restart server and then copy the new rpt file to a pastebin link please

does anyone know nitrado configure the server with the mods?

http://pastebin.com/nR1fuZDq

Rpt from the server..I had no missions in the MP Mission folder..and Only VSM Loaded in the Mod line both Clientside and Serverside.

The server just isnt seeing the VSM Mod at all.

Diesel

Having looked at your rpt file in full.

What I can tell you is that you are calling for @VSM to be loaded but nothing from VSM is being loaded

So lets get down to real basics before we go any further.

I am assuming from the RPT file (Knowing little about TCAdmin) that your @VSM mod folder should be in

C:\TCAFiles\Users\JohnCook\254

unless that application has some weird launch system

Having checked that, then make sure that you have an addons folder inside your @VSM folder that contains all the required ****.pbo and *****.bisign 

as follows

C:\TCAFiles\Users\JohnCook\254\@VSM\addons\****.pbo

C:\TCAFiles\Users\JohnCook\254\@VSM\addons\****.bisign

If all that is already in place, try instead, just launching something that we all know that works like for example CBA_A3

If @CBA_A3 doesn't load then I can only assume there is some idiosyncracy with TCAdmin, for example you need  to wrap  "quotation marks" around a command line parameter and you are not or vice versa.

If this is a TCAdmin issue you can easily prove this by instead launching the server via a desktop shortcut and adding -mod=@VSM to the target line, then checking the rpt file once the server has loaded.

One of those is going to be the issue.

4 hours ago, terox said:

Having looked at your rpt file in full.

What I can tell you is that you are calling for @VSM to be loaded but nothing from VSM is being loaded

So lets get down to real basics before we go any further.

I am assuming from the RPT file (Knowing little about TCAdmin) that your @VSM mod folder should be in

C:\TCAFiles\Users\JohnCook\254

unless that application has some weird launch system

Having checked that, then make sure that you have an addons folder inside your @VSM folder that contains all the required ****.pbo and *****.bisign 

as follows

C:\TCAFiles\Users\JohnCook\254\@VSM\addons\****.pbo

C:\TCAFiles\Users\JohnCook\254\@VSM\addons\****.bisign

If all that is already in place, try instead, just launching something that we all know that works like for example CBA_A3

If @CBA_A3 doesn't load then I can only assume there is some idiosyncracy with TCAdmin, for example you need  to wrap  "quotation marks" around a command line parameter and you are not or vice versa.

If this is a TCAdmin issue you can easily prove this by instead launching the server via a desktop shortcut and adding -mod=@VSM to the target line, then checking the rpt file once the server has loaded.

One of those is going to be the issue.

I rent the server so the Users folder contains the TCAdmin Battleye and ServerLogs...all the other Mods I use are always put in the main Arma 3 directory. Ive done what you suggested and have loaded each Mod seperately and they all work fine including my own small Cap Mod I made awhile back. That rpt that I posted Only has VSM in the Mod line along with the ServerLogs. Other Mods I just download them put them in the main A3 directory put the keys in the keys folder and they work fine.thats why I am so frustrated with this because the VSM is the only Mod Ive had issues with. I went through and double checked to be sure there was the addons folder and bisign files in place and everything is where it should be. I always upload via ftp and have'nt had any issues with corrupted files at all. Its the weirdest thing that it just wont read that Mod for some reason..just baffles me why it doesnt work.

Diesel

there has to be either a badly written addon in their or missing the main config addon or something like that

So I got the @VSM to show up as reading the Mod..it shows green in the server list but still kicks me on connecting.

I ran an all vanilla config with a vanilla mission and it works fine. I still get this error showing up in the rpt.

Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.
a3_characters_f

But its all vanilla with no addons.

I did a check game integrity on the server and on my client machine both and they both were fine.

Here is my cfg

Do I need to put in a mission filler where it says "template"?

hostName = "84th Engineers||Infantry & Logistics||See Steam Group For Mods";

password = "";

passwordAdmin = "mypassword";

reportingIP = "";

logFile = "";

motd[] = {
    "Welcome to the 84th"
};
motdInterval = 5;

maxPlayers = 20;

kickduplicate = 0;

verifySignatures = 2;

requiredSecureId = 0;

voteMissionPlayers = 0;

voteThreshold = .33;

disableVoN = 0;

vonCodecQuality = 10;

persistent = 1;

timeStampFormat = "none";

BattlEye = 1;

doubleIdDetected = "";

onUserConnected = "";

onUserDisconnected = "";

onHackedData = "";

onDifferentData = "";

onUnsignedData = "";

regularCheck = "";

class Missions
{
    class ARMA3
    {
        template="";
        difficulty="Custom";
    };
};

headlessClients[]  = {"127.0.0.1", "104.255.64.158"};
localClient[]      = {"127.0.0.1"};

I am about to load up the server now with just VSM and try it again..I'll post back with rpt.

I'd really like to get this working for VSM...he makes great stuff.

Diesel

I got a new paste from pastebin but really have no idea how to post from there and I dont want to paste the whole rpt here as I know thats not liked on the forum.

when you paste something into pastebin it returns a link, you need to paste that link into your thread