Am4z3d

[Solved] Arma 3 won't start.

Hey there...

So there I sat in front of my computer, happy that work has ended and I can play some Arma. But Arma was not convinced of this idea and just won't start...

When I try to start the game in Steam the ARMA 3 Launcher opens and I can set the mods, etc. Of course I restored all the defaults, in case they would be the problem.

But when I click play nothing happens. The task "arma3.exe" is shown in the task manager, however CPU Time stays at 00:00:05 and the memory stays at 8.664K.

So the process starts but it won't load the game.

So. Do you guys have any idea what this error is or how to fix it?

Best Wishes

Amazed

Hey Am4z3d,

A friend is encountering (almost) the same problem. The only difference is he can play, but then the game crash, he can see the game is running in background but cannot selects it.

Sometimes he can go back to the game using Alt+Shift or Win+Shift. It might takes some time but it may works.

A simple question: did you try to run Steam & Arma as admin?

Sheep,

Hey alexbu,

starting Steam and ARMA as admin does not help. It's still the same.

Also ARMA does not even show up in the taskbar. It crashes almost immediately. 

When your friend finds a solution for the problem please let me know :)

Best Wishes

Amazed

P.S. In the meantime I also reinstalled ARMA and... it still does not work.

Hi guys, same situation here... got the game...  and tried to start the game from steam and directly from the exe in Arma 3 folder without success.

reinstalled the game... uninstalled antivirus... but no luck.

in both situations I get to load the launcher with the yellow PLAY button at the bottom left screen... but when I press it nothing hapends... and a pop up error appears...  

when opened with Steam says "error code 81"... and opened directly from the Arma 3 folder says "Application load error Q;0000065432"

I hope this helps to get closer to a solution.

ledper

Hi lads

I am sorry i have no idea what the issue could be,its really strange.

But if i was experiencing this,i would look at issues from a base level,check your steam folder,make sure other games are first launching ok with steam.

If Your folder for arma3 is A OK, theres no real reason it shouldnt boot up.Try running offline,also try enabling/disabling battle eye,and loading up with no custom memory allocators or mods if they are present.

also what system is your PC? 

Suggest you guys do a verify integrity of cache, and then try another launcher like Armasync for instance.

So....

I solved my problem. I deleted everything in the ARMA 3 folder and all profiles in "my documents" and now it works.

I still don't know what caused the problem but now it works again :eyeheart:

Hope you'll find a solution to your problem @ledper

• Like 1

hey every1 i found a fix that may help every1 try making sure u have a monitor plugged into all your graphic cards / mother boards if has ability my arma ended up popping up on different graphic card and is working 100% now

Hi guys,

I haven't been playing A3 for some time (2-3 months). So I decided to play A3, Steam downloaded some updates, I've started launcher, launched game and got 

unknown software exception (0xc000001d)

So I tried to disable all mods, update video driver and check game files in Steam, but nothing helped.

I have Win7 x64
Here is a screenshot