fleet1_zps74racqag.jpg

This is my first release of the HAFM NAVY mod. This mod has nothing to do with my basic one for Hellenic (Greek) Armed Forces mod and I'm releasing it as an individual part.

The mod is consisted by 5 ships for the moment (2 Frigates, 1 Corvette, 1 Missile Boat and 1 Patrol Boat), which are fully functional. Also all ships have similar weapons capabilities and they are using PhysX engine.

There are no other mods/addons dependencies and don't blame me in case of any conficts with other mods (tested using vanilla settings).

Please keep in mind that this mod is still on beta version as ArmA 3 engine produces many issues on naval addons/mods.

The mod is comming as modfolder ready and all files are properly signed. Also a server key is included, plus a .txt file with all classnames.

UPDATED to v1.1

Download Link (primary): https://www.dropbox.com/s/gh8fnrs92m0g7o2/%40HAFM_NAVY_v1_1.rar?dl=0

Armaholic Link: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=32207

Changelog v1.1

• Crew is no longer leaving ships or been killed when any ship is placed on EDEN editor.
  • Ships speed and acceleration as also their generall behavior tweaked.
  • Ships armor reduced to be more easily destructable.
  • Frigates and Corvette front guns have changed ammo type to 127mm and 100mm (AI using them now).
  • Added lights plus collision and markerlights.
  • Some improvements on models and configs.

Known Issues

• Big ships are still not following directly the waypoints especially if they are to close on them.

Aplion

• Like 35

This is AWESOME!  The one missing thing in ARMA 3 is Ships like this. 

Thanks,

Vengeance

• Like 1

Wow-really nice work mate! Fantastic surprise. Wow-also a very small download, only 58MB

• Like 4

Looks great. What ship classes are provided? I have to say I don't quite recognize those in the pic (I don't know so much about Greek navy).

5 minutes ago, dragon01 said:

Looks great. What ship classes are provided? I have to say I don't quite recognize those in the pic (I don't know so much about Greek navy).

Taken right from Aplion's main post 

2 Frigates, 1 Corvette, 1 Missile Boat and 1 Patrol Boat

3 minutes ago, dragon01 said:

This mod has nothing to do with Greek Navy. There is an Anzac class frigate (ArmA 2 import), a LaFayette class frigate, a Hamina class missle boat and a fictional Corvette and Patrol boat.

• Like 1

That's quite a miscellaneous bunch. :) I thought one of them looked like an ANZAC, but I wasn't sure. 

Think you could also add an Arleigh Burke and the LHD from A2 (since you did port the ANZAC)? They'd round off the selection quite nicely and you already have quite a multinational fleet in there.

4 minutes ago, dragon01 said:

That's quite a miscellaneous bunch. :) I thought one of them looked like an ANZAC, but I wasn't sure. 

Think you could also add an Arleigh Burke and the LHD from A2 (since you did port the ANZAC)? 

Yes I can and I also have some more ships under WIP ... for the moment I want to see how the community will react on this 1st version as also to know on what possible errors must be work in order to make this mod better.

Afterall this is only the beta version :)

• Like 3

Placing the ship with the larger patrol boat on it's stern into water in the editor, I was having an issue where the patrol boat would fall off and then point straight up into the air.

Is anyone else having a similar issue?

• Like 1

I'm certainly going to try this out. Seems like it'd go well with the Nimitz, though I'd need an excuse to make a multinational battlegroup. :) Anyway, definitely gonna try them out. Do the guns work with "Fire Mission" waypoint? 

7 minutes ago, ski2060 said:

Placing the ship with the larger patrol boat on it's stern into water in the editor, I was having an issue where the patrol boat would fall off and then point straight up into the air.

Is anyone else having a similar issue?

I've tested and I saw that placing on EDEN editor the Missile Boat, the attached boat looks that is falling into water ... but when I've tried the mission everything was looked fine ... maybe is an issue of the editor but in any case I'll look for that, thanks for feedback ... (NOTE that this issue is not exist using the old editor).

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dragon01 said:

I'm certainly going to try this out. Seems like it'd go well with the Nimitz, though I'd need an excuse to make a multinational battlegroup. :) Anyway, definitely gonna try them out. Do the guns work with "Fire Mission" waypoint? 

I haven't try this using waypoints but let me know if it is works when you'll try it :)

5 minutes ago, foxhound said:

Thank you very much for informing us about the release :)

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

news_download_a3_3.png
HAFM Navy v1.0

Thanks mate ... added on my initial post.

• Like 1

OK, the models are great, but you have a long way to go with the configs. I suggest checking out CUP implementation of Anzac-class for some solutions.

1. Main gun on Anzac is 127mm and on La Fayette 100mm. Corvette and missile boat guns seem smaller, but in 80mm range. You made them all 40mm. Not a good choice. They should work as artillery, perhaps with a direct-fire mode (getting them both working at the same time is convoluted, but possible).
2. Phalanx doesn't remotely sound like it should. It's more like Wipeout's gun than anything else.

3. After spawning, the ships only have three crew members. The additional ones are reported as dead as soon as the mission starts. 

4. The ships accelerate and move way too fast. Anzac can move at 27 knots (50km/h), but it can't accelerate to that speed in a matter of seconds. La Fayette can only reach 45km/h. Note, this is probably at flank speed, usually they'd cruise somewhat slower.

5. Haven't tested the weapons yet, but CUP had some problems with TAB-lock on multiple crew members. I'm on devbranch currently, so unfortunately any of my feedback related to that isn't gonna help much (BIS is in the middle of a complete radar overhaul).

• Like 1

This is fantastic - finally a larger choice of naval assets that operate within coastal waters. Something I've expected to come with Apex or actually already be a part of vanilla A3 but never was delivered. I'm happy to see more and more naval assets coming out (FFAA mod ship is awesome as well) but at the same time am disappointed that this has been so dearly neglected from BI.

• Like 1

the issue that i just had is the heli landing pad .

I can land on it but I drop through the boat into the water.

but little complaints aside. nice work on the mod hope to see more weapons and systems nad other stuff implemented into this mod.

• Like 2

Hi !

Really nice work ! And a great idea !

I remember that I already made a mod request for this kind of boats in another forum (out of BI ones I mean), and at this time, somebody says me this stupid thing "If you want it, do it yourself" in the badest way possible. And now, after some years, you come and release us this really nice idea, a thing that is missed a lot since the release of ArmA III, and you bring it to those who don't have any knowledges to do it, like me.

Thanks, and thanks again ! I've always think, like manu other here and out there for sure, that the naval aspect of ArmA III has a really huge lack of content. And you just bring a little light in this dark area.

I'll test your work and keep an interested eye on it.

Thanks for your time and your work.

• Like 1

Thank you all for your kind words and constuctive critisism (as well as feedback). Be sure that even if I'm not replying to posted issues, I'm keeping them as notes for future update and I'll work on them.

• Like 6