Ryan19

Interact with a running instance of the game from outside the game with a custom c++ interface?

I am adding this here because if I can get the answers I seek, this could become a potential tool for use by the community.

I have looked everywhere for general information about this, but the internet is too completely full of Arma scripting information relating to *internal* functions, ie things that are run from inside the game.

I want to be able to control certain aspects of the game from the same computer that the game is running on, but not being actually in the game.

I am building a windows c++ interface. I would like to be able to drag and drop icons and information within my interface and have it translate to scripts/drawings happening inside a running game. Basically, my player will be playing from within an Oculus Rift. I will hook into his game view in my gui (somehow, maybe with some third party video splitting tech) and drag and drop the icons from one panel onto the game view. On mouse release I want to send the data to the game and draw that icon in the players view.

I think the only way to do this is via remote calls to a server running the game which will then execute a script, but I don't know how to run those calls within my c++ program. The other question is, is there a native Arma way to inject data into the game *from outside the game but on the same computer?*

Any help would be greatly appreciated, be it actual coding examples or just a friendly push in the right direction to resources. Thanks!

Thanks kju. Would you be able to point me to some of the VR work being done by NeoArmageddon? I couldn't find anything in his topic history.