Sign in to follow this  
zaksle75

Dedicated Server TADST & ARMA 3, Tried Everything

Have been working on this for 6 hours straight now, and over 10 hours making a mission for me and my friends, I have looked at COUNTLESS threads, I have tried multiple ways, and BI's main dedicated server shit is too hard and probably wont work.

So, I have TADST, Firewalls and Ports are good, everythings good so I don't need to be told about that.

Long story short, it only pops up in LAN, I do the direct connect to search for servers it doesn't work with my IP but it'll work with the Hamachi IP, anyone on Hamachi STILL CAN NOT SEE SERVER.

Also when I invited them to join it showed my IP, not Hamachi.

So I said screw it lets delete hamachi, i deleted everything from hamachi and now i can find my server from direct connect on my IP, unocassionally.

Ok so no one can join whats wrong with this game other than founding of DayZ for real played ARMA forever and it's worked before but now it doesnt.

Help a milsim loving brother out, if you link a thread 90% chance I've seen it so how tf do you do this dedicated server shit.

Even when I host from within game none of the player slots on any mission even exist.

Have you tried it without TADST? I don't know anything about that program but if it were me I'd start the whole thing vanilla without any outside tools or programs..get that working then start adding in extra tools. Same with Mods..once you do get it up and running run it with no Mods and be sure everything is the way you want it..then start adding in Mods. For some reason Arma likes vanilla for the first go-round until things are settled..weird I know but ive made that mistake in the past adding in all sorts of "extras" right away and couldn't get things to work.

Diesel

After reading your frustrated rant which is devoid of any information that would allow anyone to help you, I can only guess it is your mission that is at fault.

As Diesel Tech stated

Its like anything, you start with the most basic of build, prove that before you do anything else.

Unless you have a lot of experience in doing something like this how can you possibly even hope to debug an issue when you clutter it up straight away with 3rd party content and 3rd party tools

Doing it slowly and methodically saves you a lot of time and frustration and allows you to ask a specific question which is likely to return a good answer

General, I cant get it to work rants are a waste of peoples time including yours.

1) Prove a vanilla install with nothing else added

2) Then create a pure vanilla mission and prove that runs okay

3) Then slowly add small collections of addons and prove them

Then start adding other stuff.

Your frustrated rant has given us 0 information to work with. You haven't even bothered to read this thread stickied in this forum......

If you had, then I would now be reading through some .RPT files at the very least

Start with this....

and follow it to the letter.

This time don't start building a wall until,the foundation is set and good luck with it.