Sign in to follow this  
in005

ArmA Grenades vs Exile Grenades

Hello guys,

as I'm creating my Mad ArmA mod, I came along the idea to make custom grenades.

3C6B17511E65D52FF7BE9DB67B047ECD00FB2269

I imported my grenade into the normal game without running exile and it worked fine for me. Than I started my mod with exile together and it stoped working.

After a while i figured out why. Normally this is your headline for a normal grenade:

class CfgPatches
{
	class Weapons_Grenades
	{
		units[] = {};
		weapons[] = {};
		requiredVersion = 0.1;
		requiredAddons[] = {"A3_Weapons_F"};
	};
};

But within exile, theres a overwrite for that file, wich blocks everything. So I need to use this:

class CfgPatches
{
	class Weapons_Grenades
	{
		units[] = {};
		weapons[] = {};
		requiredVersion = 0.1;
		requiredAddons[] = {"exile_client"};
	};
};

If I would use this second CfgPatches, it would make my mod only working with exile. But I want to have it as a independent mod, wich not requires exile client to work. 

I know there are several other mods, like CUP or RHS wich work fine within exile, but my mod seems only to be useable with or without exile. 

Is theres a solution for this problem?

Cheers IN005

I don't know the source code of the Exile mod or of your mod, however an educated guess is that Exile is "removing" all default weapons (including your grenade) before it "adds" it's own weapons to the game. Of course this could also just apply to a single class which you happen to inherit, or a variable which doesn't meet the requirements of Exile.

Do you get any errors/messages in your RPT files regarding this issue?

On 11.1.2017 at 3:13 AM, grezvany13 said:

I don't know the source code of the Exile mod or of your mod, however an educated guess is that Exile is "removing" all default weapons (including your grenade) before it "adds" it's own weapons to the game. Of course this could also just apply to a single class which you happen to inherit, or a variable which doesn't meet the requirements of Exile.

Do you get any errors/messages in your RPT files regarding this issue?

Nope, but your right, it overwrites the normal arma config and thats a issue for my mod...