I have a quite a long, complicated and heavily scripted mission but, just near the end, the AI starts refusing to move. I tried everything (debug console):

• cursorTarget doMove (getPos player)
  • cursorTarget moveTo (getPos player)
  • myGroup addWaypoint [getPos player, 0]
  • doStop [cursorTarget ]; ...
  • myGroup setFormation "DIAMOND"; ...
  • while {(count (waypoints myGroup)) > 0} do
    {
     deleteWaypoint ((waypoints myGroup) select 0);
    }; ...
  • units myGroup doFollow leader myGroup; ...
  • disableAI/enableAI
  • switchmove ""
  • Joining, making myself the leader, manual orders
  • Moving everyone to a new group

Nothing works, I really have no idea what's causing it, plus debugging it is a pain, as I have to play the long ass mission till the end. I do have a lot of groups but not too much (43) so that's not it either.

Any ideas?

No idea on how to fix this, but I have experienced a similar problem when playing Warfare for too long back in Arma2.

What's the server FPS when the AI starts refusing to move?

34 minutes ago, dchan200 said:

No idea on how to fix this, but I have experienced a similar problem when playing Warfare for too long back in Arma2.

What's the server FPS when the AI starts refusing to move?

It's a SP mission. The enemy moves just fine but my group doesn't.

Anyway, I'll continue trying and post a solution if I find one. I'm pretty sure deleting and recreating the units would solve this but that's a very dirty solution.

Hi, I'm interested to hear your progress in this. I have a similar problem when I spawning ai to an existing group. They just sit there. I'm going to try to join them to a temporary group, and then move them to the existing group after. But it doesn't seem worth it, since your attempt at this failed

If your spawning units using the create command make sure your using createunit not createobject.

Also AI will stop moving if you become the leader of AI group and then switch to another unit.

The new AI leader won't continue where you left off, there is a fix for this but I don't have it at hand right now.

I was disabling FSM to stop the units from behaving retardedly like... Arma units but it stopped them from moving completely, no idea why.

I needed them to run from A to B but I gave up. Making units do that is impossible in Arma.

On 1/5/2017 at 9:00 PM, theend3r said:

plus debugging it is a pain, as I have to play the long ass mission till the end.

Here's how I test parts of mission that are near the end.  I create radioTriggers to trigger all the conditions that simulates getting to the end of the mission.  For example, if the plot sequence is:

1. Find Intel In Town X
  2. Rescue VIP at location provided by Intel
  3. Move to Extraction

So if I have a problem at "Move to Extraction" and I don't want to play the whole mission to test that part, I will set up a radio trigger like this that sets all the previous conditions true:

INTEL_FOUND = True;
PublicVariable "INTEL_FOUND";
VIP_RESCUED = True;
PublicVariable "VIP_RESCUED";

By setting the global variables, trigger conditions are fired, tasks completed, etc.

So I start the mission, use the radio triggers to set the mission in the state I want.  I then teleport my squad to wherever they need to be start "Move to Extraction" task, and test from there.

Also note that you don't really need Radio Triggers for this, as you can execute those same statements from the Debug Console.