bludski

Unnamed Vietnam War Map (cambodia/laos)

Wonderful pictures, bludski. Makes me quail from hubris at thinking I could make a decent jungle map on the basis of my zero experience/knowledge... but the wtf? - I want this.

I'll pm you witha link for some of my photos of Khmer temples.

In the interim, please continue to amaze with your skill and creativity :)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, orcinus said:

Wonderful pictures, bludski. Makes me quail from hubris at thinking I could make a decent jungle map on the basis of my zero experience/knowledge... but the wtf? - I want this.

I'll pm you witha link for some of my photos of Khmer temples.

In the interim, please continue to amaze with your skill and creativity :)

You can. Maybe not at this very moment. The only thing required is dedication and time. Also time. And then you need some time. Also did I mention how much time it takes? If I didn't then know it also takes a LOT of time.

First stop is the arma discord.

Edited by bludski
time
  • Like 2

This flew completely under my radar. I was wondering how your alaska map was going and found out you were working on this as well. You're talented as hell!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bitesrad said:

This flew completely under my radar. I was wondering how your alaska map was going and found out you were working on this as well. You're talented as hell!

*Norway map?

Took a break from it to solve some major issues and work on this one in the meantime. Soon as it 1.0 (in a few weeks) it will be shipped with the following unsung update and i will resume work on Nord.

Oh and about the radar.. under it is just how i roll.. ;)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bludski said:

*Norway map?

Took a break from it to solve some major issues and work on this one in the meantime. Soon as it 1.0 (in a few weeks) it will be shipped with the following unsung update and i will resume work on Nord.

Oh and about the radar.. under it is just how i roll.. ;)

Yeah that's the one :D Im not really bothered with release dates (or order of release), just knowing we'll get two very high quality biomes is the take away from me here.

• Like 1

this is such a high quality addition for unsung that we may well release it with a latest content patch (early echo) well ahead of our may schedule.

• Like 5

found this map yesterday been playing around on it a littlebit today and i have to say ..... WOW .....     the HISDA (Horizon Island Self Defence Army) is going to have a hard time beating Syndicate on this terrain :P 

(my use of the map besides Unsung ;)  )

• Like 1

3 hours ago, supergruntsb78 said:

found this map yesterday been playing around on it a littlebit today and i have to say ..... WOW .....     the HISDA (Horizon Island Self Defence Army) is going to have a hard time beating Syndicate on this terrain :P 

(my use of the map besides Unsung ;)  )

As soon as the map gets transferred to Unsung, the steam version will have unsung objects removed and finished using only arma 3 objects. The steam version will  be renamed to Trung SI Province 1975 (or such) and mostly everything be destroyed. Mass graves all over. Commie worker camps. Etc. I suggest having unsung mod installed if only for loot and functionality of the map for the time being though.. There may be floating objects and places you can't cross etc without it.

good to hear a non Unsung version is comming also,   because i have to disable Unsung often to play other time lines because of the random unsung gear showing up on soldiers (looks silly to have a SF team take down a HVT in takistan while wearing bandage on there head/eyes, a 1967 gasmask or ear neckless etc. etc.  :P ) 

0.66.6 was released on steam.

A new temple site was discovered west of the river. The previous one has been fully explored and was much larger than previously estimated.

CAF4C2141F690CFB10BCC780625AA6D94995FFD7

Thousands of other changes. Mainly thickening up the floodlands around the main river. Prepared for more sites in the west side.

• Like 1

Two things I really dig about this map :

- Absence of modern buildings : it's one of the few Arma3 jungle maps that can fit pretty much any timeline.

- The dimensions and distances between points of interest. Probably the big deal for me as I was rather disappointed with Tanoa : as cool as it is, that terrain is way too small for the number of cities and compounds it has.

Setting up a long march in the jungle is tricky on Tanoa and doesn't actually make sense given the terrain configuration - your map is just perfect in that regard!

I'm also really glad to see both unsung and vanilla versions. Keep it up! ;)

• Like 5

3 hours ago, eggbeast said:

have you seen our buddha head btw?

Nope!

load up unsung look in editor under

buildings  - civilian - temple or maybe ruins or fortifications

3 minutes ago, eggbeast said:

load up unsung look in editor under buildings civilian temple i think or maybe ruins

Found it. Unfortunately it doesn't match.

I played around with grid size in A2 and when I tried really low numbers the AI didnt know how to navigate/move. I assume that is no problem on this map? :)

Hi Bludski!

Are you interested with a wee bit of help on the sound side of things?

Visually the map is very immersive and very much playable already; I reckon it shouldn't be too much trouble to import the sound sets from Tanoa. ;)

• Like 4

getting even better :)     you know the first time i loaded up this map i had no idea Unsung was required so it had missing buildings and stuff and still then it looked great..  with unsung it even looks way better 

perhaps (until the NO Unsung version if finished ) give a heads up to the requirement on steam ?  

although requirement is a big word ;) 

37 minutes ago, supergruntsb78 said:

getting even better :)     you know the first time i loaded up this map i had no idea Unsung was required so it had missing buildings and stuff and still then it looked great..  with unsung it even looks way better 

perhaps (until the NO Unsung version if finished ) give a heads up to the requirement on steam ?  

although requirement is a big word ;) 

Thanks!

It specifically says it is dependant on unsung and always has .... :)

hmmm then i must be losing my mind  i didn't see it ....  but as said in several topics by now   i am starting to look more and more like a noob.... :P although i am here from the beginning :(    

• Like 2

Beautiful map, thanks so much for adding proper waterways to a jungle scenario :smile_o:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, supergruntsb78 said:

although i am here from the beginning :(    

Glad to have you :)

27 minutes ago, old_painless said:

Beautiful map, thanks so much for adding proper waterways to a jungle scenario :smile_o:

Thanks! More floodlands coming in the southern part of the river! Some slightly more swampy areas..

• Like 4

7 hours ago, andersson said:

I played around with grid size in A2 and when I tried really low numbers the AI didnt know how to navigate/move. I assume that is no problem on this map? :)

No such thing experienced by neither me nor reported by any of the current users :)

• Like 1

Really nice map !!!

If I can give you two small advices:

- rename Plantation Saint Clementine to Plantation Sainte Clementine (Clementine is a girl name)

- remove the map location of the VC HQ. It should be more secret ;) 

• Like 2