npmproductions13

Animating Based on Vehicles Speed and Flying Mode

Ok i want to animate my vtol's engines to a certain position when VTOL mode is activated and or a certain speed is reached like the Apex vtol

Any help is appreciated i don't know how difficult this is going to be to achieve. On a side note are the Apex assets and configs accessible as a sample at all ?

Thanks

-Irish 

To help with your cfgs: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/A3_CfgVehicles_Plane_class_config_reference. Includes the A-164, The V-44 and the Caesar BTT for config examples.

And take a look at this for model animation source: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Model_Config#Animation_sources. Look at thrust vectors, that's what you want.

• Like 1

I must be missing something is there a way to set the "increments" at which the engines move ? What part of the config is responsible for that ?

What do you mean by increments? As in a multi-position animation? (0 degrees of engine rotation, 20 degrees, 60, 90?) Or do you mean how fast it moves or far it goes?

Yea for example when im going < 30 i want it at a certain position then > 30 i want it at another. Sorry if my reply is vague it's just hard to explain

Does it not do it automatically? You could do an animation with the engines selection, then use speed as the source...

Possibly this in your config.cpp:

vtol = 3; // V-44 Blackfish, VTOL using a vectoring near the ground (to avoid blades collision with ground)

But I think you should try making an animation with speed as its source. That should work

All right ill try that is there much tutorials on making animations. When you say animation do you mean within the model.cfg or is it nothing to do with the model.cfg ?