lecholas

Blender Terrain Tools on Blender Conference

Sorry if it's mentioned elswhere, I don't read the forums as often as I used to. Anyway, I appears that during this year's Blender Conference Miroslav Horvath from BIS (Bohemia Interactive Simulations) again had a talk about the tools he's continuously developing for 8 years. I think it's a good place to post it, since the tools are a Blender addon for improvements of terrain editing workflow for Real Virtuality engine (Arma, VBS, ToH, DayZ...). There are some interesting insights on how Take on Helicopters terrain was created, or what does VBS streams simulation that could be seen some time ago in some trailers looks like from behind the scenes.

My original topic from several years ago concerning the same tools but in Arma 2 version:

Well, "eight years in development, and still not released" :)

• Like 2

from what i understand of it, this is Miros hobby project, so he proabably can only work on it when he finished his daily job doing R&D on terrain tools and maybe even spend some time with family, so if he then feels like to work on a diffrent terrain tool again he will, but i'm pretty sure thats why its taking so long to get finished.

I did see this. Unfortunately Miro doesn't seem to use forum that much (Last login 2013) but I wouldn't mind "testing" this. The 3D drawing of attribute and editing heightmap is exactly what I need and it seems to do a WAY better job than L3DT.

I really hope he can implement similar blending of satmap and detail textures like the game has. 

omigod when are those dayz 'spruce fir' gonna be available.  so much diversity. so beautiful. the damaged bark hnnnnnng

i mean look at these beautifully dynamic spruces: 0QtJQSk.jpg (from the Dayz dev. blog)  Is it possible / easy / allowed to just import objects from dayz like we are able to do from arma?

*These tools are great Miro! I just am so excited for the new tree models :exclamation: