oukej

Jets - Hitpoints

61 posts in this topic

I also agree with NightIntruder,

 

What about dealing with these certain hitpoints as the pilot in the aircraft. For example, emergency procedures that will extend the life of the damaged plane, to make it to a suitable landing area. For example, in the event of an engine fire in a dual engine aircraft, the pilot could hit the fire extinguisher button, pull the throttle down, cut off the fuel pump, and disconnect the battery. Thus, fighting the fire and still landing back at base on 1 engine. For Arma, this may be to much, but at least have a way to fight an engine fire, etc.

 

Thanks

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

im very much looking forward to the jets DLC.. come to daddy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

also need to fix planes and heli's from blowing the hell up when you land on the ground 2 hard. or your rotors hit something its sooooo damn stupid to blowup from such small damage

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would absolutely like to see new flightmodels for planes. It's absolutely unrealistic to just rotate the plane 45° and nothing else happens. Not flying a curve or anything.

 

Better physics would be awesome. Also better controls of throttle for Joysticks. ATM it is impossible to taxi at a certain speed wven with a HOTAS system! You are breaking down, move the slider just 1mm upwards and suddely you are throttling um to 80 - 90km/h...

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could someone please fix the issue with the throttle and make it more controllable and precise?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2017 at 2:56 AM, ph0enx said:

I would absolutely like to see new flightmodels for planes. It's absolutely unrealistic to just rotate the plane 45° and nothing else happens. Not flying a curve or anything.

 

Better physics would be awesome. Also better controls of throttle for Joysticks. ATM it is impossible to taxi at a certain speed wven with a HOTAS system! You are breaking down, move the slider just 1mm upwards and suddely you are throttling um to 80 - 90km/h...

 

I have no such issue with my X-52 HOTAS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/11/2017 at 10:56 AM, ph0enx said:

I would absolutely like to see new flightmodels for planes. It's absolutely unrealistic to just rotate the plane 45° and nothing else happens. Not flying a curve or anything.

 

 

 

 Yeah would be fun if AI did even some basic old school shit like from Janes day -maybe thats advanced i honestly know jack about planes -but would be fun nonetheless

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Imperator[TFD] said:

 

I have no such issue with my X-52 HOTAS.

 

I have an X-52 Pro, and I very, very much have this issue with all of the "stock" attack jets programmed by Bohemia. I used to think that the game engine's flight model was atrocious, but then I tried some mod-pack planes, like RHS's A-10, and found that they flew much better. It's impossible to do a loop in a Wipeout, but the RHS A-10 can loop, roll, dive, climb and most importantly turn without an issue. It's clearly a problem specific to the aircraft models, not the engine's mechanics. 

 

Right now the stock aircraft have a severe problem with turning; even a gentle, wide turn costs them so much airspeed that it's very, very easy to stall out and plant the plane in the ground. For some reason the drag penalty for turning is insanely out-of-whack. It renders the stock jets almost useless in game. With the Jets DLC revisiting those models, I hope to see that addressed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Demetrious said:

 

I have an X-52 Pro, and I very, very much have this issue with all of the "stock" attack jets programmed by Bohemia. I used to think that the game engine's flight model was atrocious, but then I tried some mod-pack planes, like RHS's A-10, and found that they flew much better. It's impossible to do a loop in a Wipeout, but the RHS A-10 can loop, roll, dive, climb and most importantly turn without an issue. It's clearly a problem specific to the aircraft models, not the engine's mechanics. 

 

Right now the stock aircraft have a severe problem with turning; even a gentle, wide turn costs them so much airspeed that it's very, very easy to stall out and plant the plane in the ground. For some reason the drag penalty for turning is insanely out-of-whack. It renders the stock jets almost useless in game. With the Jets DLC revisiting those models, I hope to see that addressed. 

 

Again, I do not have this issue when using the vanilla jets and my X-52 HOTAS set up.

 

Are you using ANY mods whatsoever?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be great if you guys could make it possible to ditch aircrafts (and survive). Also real helicopters don't instantly explode when they fall over.

Edited by TerrorToast
2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Devs,

 

I think it's fairly apparent from many of the comments that what is really in need of upgrading is the flight model generally. I'm excited by the things you've proposed re: radar and damage, but I think real changes to the way jets fly MUST include the flight model. So here are my beefs with the current ArmA 3 flight system:

 

1. Throttle control (when using mouse and keyboard) - firstly, you need to get most jets up to 20km/h before they roll without needing additional thrust. No idea why this is, but most flight sims use percentage increments (like your AFM for helos?);

2. Roll, yaw, and pitch - a number of comments have pointed out that planes don't move like they should. I don't mind that control surfaces reset after being manipulated (unlike e.g., FSX), but planes generally experience yaw-on-roll and angle-of-attack phenomena (which the ArmA 3 model doesn't simulate);

3. Flaring on landing - one of the hardest things to do in ArmA 3, primarily due to thrust and stall characteristics (as well as control surface manipulation). It really feels like your just landing a brick most of the times...

4. I pointed this out in a bug report some time ago, but putting flaps down on the Caesar BTT at 150 km/h turns it into a plane that can fly forever. Oh yes, this also brings up drag characteristics in general; you can turn the engines off most of the planes at 500m altitude and literally fly across Altis...

 

Anyhow, just my 2 (or 4) cents.

 

Tetsuo.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now