sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam War Mod 3.0D - Delta Released !!!

radio is WIP

pic of players enjoying a disco on our mission today

GvMnUna.jpg

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 4:50 PM, eggbeast said:

PLEASE REMEMBER _ DO NOT POST THE MOD ON STEAM

WHY not posting it on STEAM?...What would happened if it was posted on STEAM?...What Not posting it on STEAM prevents?

7 hours ago, gunnyhighway said:

WHY not posting it on STEAM?...What would happened if it was posted on STEAM?...What Not posting it on STEAM prevents?

"Uploads to Steam workshop are not permitted by our creative partners.
In order to use their lovely models we must abide by their wishes.
Valve's workshop license seizes ownership of their creations."

There's your answer. 

• Like 1

Well, just had a hugely enjoyable few hours online this evening with a great bunch of guys (there`s at least 2 or 3 of you in this thread). I`ll definitely be having a lot more of that from now on.

Thanks again, guys. Welcome to the jungle, indeed :)

• Like 1

Wow finaly DELTA !!!

Goooooooddd workingg unsung team

Btw, mr eggbeast the support module can work on this version? and i have problem with UH heli the door gunner not sit on the right position and the chopper fly sooooo high on charlie . so this version can fix my UH problem ?

18 hours ago, eggbeast said:

radio is WIP

radio support module and radio interface and to switch RTO radio sounds off and on in the field  release in  ECHO?

48 minutes ago, Andry Priandani said:

Wow finaly DELTA !!!

Goooooooddd workingg unsung team

Btw, mr eggbeast the support module can work on this version? and i have problem with UH heli the door gunner not sit on the right position and the chopper fly sooooo high on charlie . so this version can fix my UH problem ?

Egg said the support module is untested at the moment, but the Heli door gunner sits great now and I think we are still unaware about the chopper flying straight up.

20 minutes ago, dumm dummer said:

radio support module and radio interface and to switch RTO radio sounds off and on in the field  release in  ECHO?

Depends on how we go mate!

Great stuff fellas.

As a mission maker, I have a question...

How do I rearm vehicles and aircraft/helos?  I didn't see any logistics vehicles in the mod and, re: facilities, I only saw a fuel dump and repair hangar available.  Is there an equivalent rearming building/vehicle I can use?

uns_m113_ENG does some limited work for you there

or use one of the many community missions scripts available.

if you are not running busy servers, try the uns_enable_special_items module or w/e i called it.

place that module in your missions, and then anything within 50m of an eng m113 will be repair/ refuel / rearm and all MR aircraft will be dynamically re-armable to diff loadouts. beware it can cause lag in MP with a lot of players, hence not pushing it up front.

• Like 1

==============================================================

Unsung 3.1d patch (patch 1 for delta version)

changelog:

fixed rpt spam sounds

fixed sig file issue

please update unsung 3.0 delta files with these files

torrent files (mirrors please!)

http://tetet.de/arma/arma3/Download/unsung/Delta_patch2.torrent

cheers

EB and the unsung team

==============================================================

• Like 4

I apologize if this has already been answered, but is there any way to turn of the decals on the M113s?  They just ain't my cup of tea :)

Fantastic update, ive been playing this mod since A2 and im not disappointed. I'd like to report a bug from Delta, the motor skiff levitates like harry potters casting a spell on it when you turn left and go forward. 

4b06a42071144b8534604901e83ace01.jpg

6 hours ago, Ethridge said:

Fantastic update, ive been playing this mod since A2 and im not disappointed. I'd like to report a bug from Delta, the motor skiff levitates like harry potters casting a spell on it when you turn left and go forward. 

It's known mate but thanks for reporting! Please though next time reporting an issue please use our forums http://www.armanam.eu/forum/ and report the bug/issue. It is the best way for us to keep track of said bug/issue like this and keeps the workload directed rather than getting bombarded with stuff all around ;)

14 hours ago, JerkinMerkin said:

Thanks.

Allow me to give you a real answer since I added this feature.  No there is not a way to do that.  It isn't a simple thing, either... the decals are part of the startup randomization scripts I built which also adds the clutter and camo patterns.  It is an all-in-one script that can't be switched off since it is in the vehicle's INIT.  All effects are synchronized in MP sessions so everyone sees the same decals.  This allows people to better coordinate... for example "everyone run over to the M113 with the '9' and get in"... etc.  This was designed before BIS released their improved Texture Sets which I am unsure is MP-friendly.  I chose not to use the BIS solution since my solution worked... since I'm not working on them any more I can't speak to any further developments since I left the team.

I added the decals based on real life photographs and other records for both the numbering and "picture" decals.  Some of the decals were inherited before I started working on them and those were left in.  Most all of the decals are based on real photos and others are "inspired" by different war photos.  The quad-50 MG also has a few decals based on RL photos as well!  The point is that nearly all of the decals are historically accurate or "based on real life" photos.  Which is kind of the point :)

Some of the serial numbers (I think I created 20 in total) are directly transcribed from photos from the war, and since I had difficulty finding information pertaining to accurate serial number labels, some are made-up with a few Easter Eggs mixed in for a bit of fun.

Camo patterns are also based on Real Life photos and are for the most part "period accurate". 

The clutter arrangements are also all based on RL photos and information sources.  The M113's were commonly "pack mules" to carry all the troops' gear.  There are certain parts of the clutter that are used for some of the external seating arrangements and that could be improved even further... it was common for troops to ride on top and risking small arms fire since riding inside meant risking death from land mines.  The cargo carry capacity is larger on those so that the M113's can carry more junk in the cargo to accommodate the notion that these vehicles are carrying more crap through the jungle :)

It would be completely accurate to remove all seating options for internal seats in the M113's and leave "only" the external seats.  An M113 is NOT mine-resistant and cannot survive a land mine attack!  The troops would not "fire from vehicle" on top, they would only sit on there for transport.  If they were fired upon, they would instantly jump off and scatter for cover.  That unfortunately is a bit tricky to achieve with Arma's current technology... the "fire from vehicle" isn't really conducive to make the soldiers jump off and seek cover, and the "old way" of simple transport is more accurate.  It means they have to jump off quickly :)  To make this "accurate" I opted to add that clutter (again randomly selected and MP synchronized) so that the "seats" on top were always present on those versions.

So you can see that since this is all done "all at once" on vehicle INIT or JIP, it is impossible to remove the decals and frankly would be historically inaccurate to do so.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Barden said:

It's known mate but thanks for reporting! Please though next time reporting an issue please use our forums http://www.armanam.eu/forum/ and report the bug/issue. It is the best way for us to keep track of said bug/issue like this and keeps the workload directed rather than getting bombarded with stuff all around ;)

No problem at all, I will make sure to post there next time, cheers.

• Like 1

@pook we are also trialing "unloadInCombat = 1;" to replace the firednearEH's

Hey I just wanted to thank the Unsung team for not only the incredible content, but the fact that your patch is literally a patch and not a full redownload. I had set aside some time to get all 7 GB's again, but to my surprise patch really meant patch! That's awesome!

Thanks everyone and happy holidays!

• Like 3

Dunno if this has been discovered yet, but i found a way to fix the heli pilot uniform missing textures (for those of us with the issue). Running Community Based Addons seemed to solve the problem for me.

• Like 1

On 12/19/2016 at 7:43 PM, Barden said:

Egg said the support module is untested at the moment, but the Heli door gunner sits great now and I think we are still unaware about the chopper flying straight up.

Hmm its alright for while my mission use a original A3 artillery..

Yeah finaly the fix for heli gunner thanks unsung teams,..

Hmm..its so weird,..

If I make a mission,.. i put the chooper (UH-1D) and sync with heli Cas module,and next i call the cas heli , they coming and flying so high,..maybe i think the heli get a best position for attack but they never attack if a heli fly on top the enemy they say CAS complete but enemy never get fire from heli ..

Thats so diferent if i use a cobra and original heli from A3 they normal fly and do fire on CAS location,..

And if i make transport UH from base to location wthout module, i make a 5 waypoint , yeah back to flying altitude problem the heli fly high so high and the heli always round the waypoint before go to any waypoint,.. so the heli not fly straight but always around before go on the waypoint,.. haha.. maybe you can help my heli problem..

Edited by Andry Priandani

7 hours ago, hcpookie said:

Allow me to give you a real answer since I added this feature.  No there is not a way to do that.  It isn't a simple thing, either... the decals are part of the startup randomization scripts I built which also adds the clutter and camo patterns.  It is an all-in-one script that can't be switched off since it is in the vehicle's INIT.  All effects are synchronized in MP sessions so everyone sees the same decals.  This allows people to better coordinate... for example "everyone run over to the M113 with the '9' and get in"... etc.  This was designed before BIS released their improved Texture Sets which I am unsure is MP-friendly.  I chose not to use the BIS solution since my solution worked... since I'm not working on them any more I can't speak to any further developments since I left the team.

I added the decals based on real life photographs and other records for both the numbering and "picture" decals.  Some of the decals were inherited before I started working on them and those were left in.  Most all of the decals are based on real photos and others are "inspired" by different war photos.  The quad-50 MG also has a few decals based on RL photos as well!  The point is that nearly all of the decals are historically accurate or "based on real life" photos.  Which is kind of the point :)

Some of the serial numbers (I think I created 20 in total) are directly transcribed from photos from the war, and since I had difficulty finding information pertaining to accurate serial number labels, some are made-up with a few Easter Eggs mixed in for a bit of fun.

Camo patterns are also based on Real Life photos and are for the most part "period accurate". 

The clutter arrangements are also all based on RL photos and information sources.  The M113's were commonly "pack mules" to carry all the troops' gear.  There are certain parts of the clutter that are used for some of the external seating arrangements and that could be improved even further... it was common for troops to ride on top and risking small arms fire since riding inside meant risking death from land mines.  The cargo carry capacity is larger on those so that the M113's can carry more junk in the cargo to accommodate the notion that these vehicles are carrying more crap through the jungle :)

It would be completely accurate to remove all seating options for internal seats in the M113's and leave "only" the external seats.  An M113 is NOT mine-resistant and cannot survive a land mine attack!  The troops would not "fire from vehicle" on top, they would only sit on there for transport.  If they were fired upon, they would instantly jump off and scatter for cover.  That unfortunately is a bit tricky to achieve with Arma's current technology... the "fire from vehicle" isn't really conducive to make the soldiers jump off and seek cover, and the "old way" of simple transport is more accurate.  It means they have to jump off quickly :)  To make this "accurate" I opted to add that clutter (again randomly selected and MP synchronized) so that the "seats" on top were always present on those versions.

So you can see that since this is all done "all at once" on vehicle INIT or JIP, it is impossible to remove the decals and frankly would be historically inaccurate to do so.

Thanks for the real answer there @hcpookie; Seriously we do appreciate the answer.