Hello everyone,

As you may have noticed, the forums have now been upgraded. Please use this thread to provide any feedback you might have.

Best regards,
BohemiaBeck

• Like 4

Hi, what was the reason behind the forum upgrade this time?

It looked and functioned better imo before, aside the stupid spam we'd get.

A suggestion is to move all the functions and features on the far right to the to the left here so that you dont have to reach to use it.

1 minute ago, Gunter Severloh said:

Hi, what was the reason behind the forum upgrade this time?

It looked and functioned better imo before, aside the stupid spam we'd get.

Hi,

we had to upgrade the forums, because the version we used wasn't supported any more, and from next year there won't be any security updates, so it would have been a security risk to keep using it.

• Like 2

OK.

Other questions,

1. There is a 2 line spacing between lines here, is that going to be fixed, or is the functioning for that still being worked on?
  2. Is there an advanced editing, option for posting? or is it built into the normal mode now?
  3. Signatures - Do we need to redo them or is that function still being worked on?
  4. Terminology use, it says on our profile content count, should that not be post count, and then when you see"create new content" should that not be create a new thread?
  • Like 2

Not sure how to post videos now...

"Likes" are now anonymous, is that intended?

• Like 1

Where is the "View new content" button from the top left moved to, it was a very useful link... is it now called "Unread Content"?

Also it seems the option to 'Preview' the first and last post from the list without having to open the thread has been removed, that was useful also 

It's so bright, hurts my eyes. Is there a night mode or something?

• Like 5

I hope you can update the look to be more like it was before. I've always hated this look since it was introduced in DayZ forums. Every forum looks like the same place. You did a good job with the last update so I trust you.

Testing things

Oh no not this spacing

Please let the links be not as annoying to paste as in DayZ forums

Dayyym

https://www.google.fi/search?q=asd&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b&gfe_rd=cr&ei=1BJPWILdJ8eq8weZt6eoCw asdsadsdassdasadasdasdasdasdasdasdasdsdasdsdasdasdasdasdsadsadsdaasd

I can't type after the link without it looking stupid.

Let's try the quote system

3 hours ago, BohemiaBeck said:

Hello everyone,

As you may have noticed, the forums have now been upgraded. Please use this thread to provide any feedback you might have.

Best regards,
BohemiaBeck

Lol this one broke badly :D "my quote" was the only thing supposed to be in quotes. It somehow tied with the spoilers.

my quote

And then some youtube linking

Direct link

Timestamp link if the embedded reads it right

/Nice it works!

short link seems to also embed which is good.

Image time

Direct link from popular site

tkCJnT8.jpg

Direct link from somewhere else

ar15.jpeg

Seems to work nicely.

• Like 1

I appreciate BI updating the forums, BUT:

• The new editor for making posts, does not offer any good formatting, as you were able to do manually with the old one. Thats not your fault, but its just how IPB4 works. Maybe you can find some plugins to extend the forum.
  • Signatures, we need to them!
  • Cover photos on the profiles. Come on, please let us upload fotos there. Its one of the features, that make a users profile worth to visits
  • Two words: Dark Theme. Thx

That are some suggestions I think anyone will agree on now or later, so maybe consider working on them as soon as the forum upgrade is finished in a way of "no real errors anymore".

Regards Arkensor

---

(I guess this is how to make a sginature now)

visit armaholic.com | never diag_log into rpt again A3Log

25 minutes ago, Arkensor said:

I appreciate BI updating the forums, BUT:

• The new editor for making posts, does not offer any good formatting, as you were able to do manually with the old one. Thats not your fault, but its just how IPB4 works. Maybe you can find some plugins to extend the forum.
  • Signatures, we need to them!
  • Cover photos on the profiles. Come on, please let us upload fotos there. Its one of the features, that make a users profile worth to visits
  • Two words: Dark Theme. Thx

That are some suggestions I think anyone will agree on now or later, so maybe consider working on them as soon as the forum upgrade is finished in a way of "no real errors anymore".

Regards Arkensor

---

(I guess this is how to make a sginature now)

visit armaholic.com | never diag_log into rpt again A3Log

I agree with all points, and also want to add that I hope to see the E-Mail notifications working again as they did before the update, e.g, one e-mail for each new post.

Furthermore, I get a stupid cookie warning at the bottom of the screen which blocks the "post reply" button for me.

• Like 1

Ok so I also just noticed if you post in a thread, then try to make another post from the link at the bottom of the thread, it auto pulls up the last post as if you actually intended to make an edit.

Going to the front page and clicking reply though does seem to work.

Anyway, not sure if that's intended to prevent spam but it's pretty annoying. Clicking Reply anywhere in a thread should always take us to a new post structure. Edit is there for a reason; Reply is there for a reason. There's no need for the site to assume I want to edit when I hit reply.

It seems that all old spoiler tags no longer work, exposing spoilers.  Spoilers must be edited for them to work and conceal text.

I like new skin but The text size too small than older skin.

I'm surprised that after a few month of spamfest and a forum taken down for almost a week, there's absolutely no progress on the anti spam front. Oh, and the forum ranking system is still broken...

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Jervant said:

Hi,

we had to upgrade the forums, because the version we used wasn't supported any more, and from next year there won't be any security updates, so it would have been a security risk to keep using it.

glad you got the security part covered,

lKQ6Srk.jpg

Cheers

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

glad you got the security part covered,

lKQ6Srk.jpg

Cheers

Classic...

I just noticed that there is a space or colon mission after the Location in the profile.

• Like 1

That's not a security issue, that's a spam issue..
I manage some little forums , around 70k users ; since I've installed cleantalk spam was reduced by 99%, ( I've also disable captcha and everything else at all )you should give a try, it's very cheap, also..

I am having issues where i don't always get a notification of threads i follow, it shows new posts from some people who post there, but from all of them, for instance i got a notification that 2 people posted on the SMA chat, while when i was on the thread, about 5 different people posted, is this something that is still being worked on or is this just a bug??

55 minutes ago, ramius86 said:

That's not a security issue, that's a spam issue..
I manage some little forums , around 70k users ; since I've installed cleantalk spam was reduced by 99%, ( I've also disable captcha and everything else at all )you should give a try, it's very cheap, also..

Having any automatic process being able to create valid forum accounts and therefor gain access to all otherwise hidden information on any user is a security issue for me.

Cheers

• Like 1

Could the rules about signatures get enforced by any chance? It's quite irritating to scroll mousewheel on fire through a thread when sometimes there are dozens of oneliner posts like this:

Spoiler

GC6gSjx.png

Half a line of text, 1000pixels vertical space taken.

How do I get to the first unread post in a sticky thread?

Line spacing could be alot smaller, thus saving more vertical space, actually the posts in general contain way too much empty space vertically

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, CaptainObvious said:

How do I get to the first unread post in a sticky thread?

Well that was fast, good job!

Edit: Yikes, how did I manage to double post instead of an edit, I amaze myself sometimes

Edited by CaptainObvious

Is there any hope of autosave feature coming back? I really liked that. 

As I said in some other places, I'm none too pleased with the overhaul (and to answer RoadRunner - I can't stop using the forums, it's the only place where I can give and discuss feedback for BI. Had there been any good channel other than this eyesore, I'd use it).