Sign in to follow this  
chrs

Exporting Objects From 3DEN to Terrain Builder

Hi,

http://i.imgur.com/fAm3XqV.png

Has anyone come across this problem:
1. Place Objects in 3DEN editor
2. Export Objects From 3DEN editor.
3. Import objects into Terrain Builder with absolute height.

The result is the objects positions are all messed up. Some seem to be in the right location, others are floating in the air or at odd angles. I think the problem occurs when the objects touch each other as placeing a rock in the middle of a empty feild and importing it from 3DEN into terrain builder seems to work fine the imported objects are even more messed up if imported with relative position. I can't see anyone having mentioned this as a problem before on forums or google, does anyone have experience with this problem / a solution?

Thanks.

tbh i havent used eden to place and import objects, mainly as its a BIS tool and we all know how pathetic their toolsets are. Try using xcam to do all your object work its much better in my opinon 

• Like 1

tbh i havent used eden to place and import objects, mainly as its a BIS tool and we all know how pathetic their toolsets are. Try using xcam to do all your object work its much better in my opinon 

lol. Might be best, I will have a look at it. Trying to find a way of people other than myself creating object layers for a largeish map.

the cool thing about xcam is that you can have ppl helping you in realtime, you could have 2-3 ppl build a city with you watching and helping as you can all work on the one server. It does take a little coordinating but its great fun :)

On 12/6/2016 at 5:18 AM, Auss said:

the cool thing about xcam is that you can have ppl helping you in realtime, you could have 2-3 ppl build a city with you watching and helping as you can all work on the one server. It does take a little coordinating but its great fun :)

@Auss Can you explain or point to how to do this?  Thanks.

Yeah. Somewhat annoying it does not work when people want to help out, as most people are used to the 3den editor, saves time setting them up. I like bulldozer personally as I'm quite used to it, had to teach a few people how to use it and have them mange their own layers. I may have to find out how to sqs and see about making some sorta script fix as 3den is great for placeing some things that can be hard to get the right camera angle on in bulldozer.

Do any of you have a good way of two people working on sculpting the terrain at the same time, or is the only way to pass a master copy between terrain developers?

On 12/15/2016 at 5:50 PM, tazmania720 said:

@Auss Can you explain or point to how to do this?  Thanks.

Setup a server running xcam then simply have u and your mates join it, then create xcam projects and away u go. Once done send your mission to the island maker and thats it,

11 hours ago, Auss said:

Setup a server running xcam then simply have u and your mates join it, then create xcam projects and away u go. Once done send your mission to the island maker and thats it,

Thanks @Auss