Can two different Steam accounts share the same Arma installation folders?

Since BI can not (or will not) fix issues I have where I can no longer subscribe to new content on the SWS (I cant even unsubscribe, if I do, I end up with corrupted addons in my list) and I really dont give a rats ass if they will ever fix it I am searching for my own solutions.

As a result of all my attempts to solve it myself I think the issue is caused by bad communication between the default (by BI) game launcher and my Steam account cause installing Steam and the game on different PC's with different OS does not help anything. And on some PC's the mods I subscribed to dont even install while if I check my Steam account on that same PC I see hundreds of sub'ed addons.

So, I have a question about Steam.

I want to buy a new version of Arma 3 with a new Steam account which I will open for it.

What happens than? Will steam see I already have an A3 install on my PC and will my new user account use that same Arma 3 installation? Or, will Steam install an additional Arma version? Or..... will things get further screwed up?

This is all with one windows account!

Yeah, its kind of silly huh, while BI cant be bothered about crap steam issues saying they cant fix steam issues (LMFAO) I spend more money on a dev who cant be bothered but well, I need this crap SWS to work so not much choice left.

So, I have a question about Steam.

I want to buy a new version of Arma 3 with a new Steam account which I will open for it.

What happens than?

I'm sorry for the issues, but the way Steam handles the Workshop content is out of our reach. The best we can do is recommending to verify the local file cache, form the game side (including the Launcher), we cannot handle the downloading from Workshop at all :icon_evil:

As for Your question, since You have Arma 3 installed most possibly in the Steam Library under the Common Steam Apps, it won't change anything. Steam is able to detect that the game was already installed on the computer and won't install any new version of the game. As the Workshop entries are handled inside of that library too, they'll be shared for both users resulting in possible huge downloads / deletion of subscribed content on switch of users. I hope at least verifying the local content helps You to be able to play the game with mods You like.

I am already trying to solve this shit since saturday, you really think I did not verify cache? Or anything else for that matter?

I'm sorry for the issues, but the way Steam handles the Workshop content is out of our reach.

So, you are here really saying that you as a company decided to work with Steam and when your customers experience issues you just point to steam claiming you cant do shit. How about you actually go work with the company you work with and resolve issues? Or am I thinking something really weird now? Yeah ... I must be, I suffer from that now and then.

Anyway, I truly hope one day you, as a customer from whatever company, get the same level of support. Where a company exuses itself while pointing at others claiming the others need to fix it.

In the meantime I will fix my own issues and give you 30+ euro (with every update you make?). Spend the money wise, dont spend it all in the pub!

54-uc08b0071c7e6c2f014c9fa9e67189b8e.png