sama

Why isnt end game, game mode not very popular?

Ive been playing a bit of end game and find it a great game mode for multiplay.Why is it not as popular as i think it should be? Ive had some great fast paced battles/rounds and it fits this niche nicely.

1. Spawnpoints in context to team play. Most people therefor solo or semi solo.Groups (pressing U to join one) isnt that obvious and isnt promoted at the start.Hard to tell whos on what side because people can partially dress up as 3rd faction and no indication on friendlies despite "all over the place spawn" at times.
  2. Arma Ai ether being stupid or aimbot skilled. Making it hard for first timers to get into the game. If Ai kills you with a "aimbot" type shot, you should be informed it was an Ai rather than "WTF, cheater" goes through ones mind.
  3. Sniper kits and uniforms making the game have few, but always picked OP kits that prevent good close range fights. Example, take two groups of 5 players each and 1 solo good camp sniper and see a match contain 10 people not having fun and 1 that does.
  4. Arma maps overall, while the DLC map is much better, tend to lack good micro terrain compared to say RO2 or Squad.
  5. Flora long range issue in regards to taking cover in little micro terrain that is there after spotted, ref back to optics snipers etc.
  6. The "End game" capture the flag part can be hit and miss. Meaning half the team doesnt see action before the task is done.
  7. Lots of other game modes to compete with in the same browser.
  8. Not a large dedicated group of people playing.

To mention stuff at the top of my head right now...

I think the core aspects to End Game is there, but allot of tweaking and understanding how the game mode is mostly going to be played. Aka, solo peeps semi squading rather than full teamspeak groups that know each other etc and therefor do not see X issue. Is kind what is holding it back overall.

I also think they sort of know that "something" isnt working that great with End Game and its why they are trying more out with Project Argo.

My2cent

• Like 1

I think for me communication is key. People join get frozen out of the game. And it's not really anyones fault. Most time people won't bother to spam invites to a ts channel on a public server. So the person plays a bit and thinks hollow.

if there was a more interesting in game voice chat similar to acre or task force. I believe People be more inclined to use over ts. Meaning the other players that are new and join don't get totally frozen out making the experience more fulfilling.

• Like 1

For me Endgame didn't hit the spot.

- There is AI mixed in.
- There is no good use of combined arms.
-  3 factions and one of them is AI controlled.
- Sniper scopes.
- The game modes pacing got boring. Especially with the AI
- Overall uninteresting mission / scenario.

Noted that the gamemode I play still has these same issues, but it has good focus on combined arms. And makes good use map size.

I didn't like the same locations over and over.. There should be randomization of the objectives and their locations. The engine can do all that easy yet the devs didn't make that.

I want to take whatever loadout i pre-amde in Arsenal.

Also, End Game should be without AI.

OP should edit title. ;)

We find ourselves to play a pimped version of Endgame quite often in our group. The vanilla version we found not suitable for our way of play, especially the individual respawn was a distraction and chaos-inducer.

Our skilled Member McDiod did some changes to make gameplay more interesting, I cant recall them all but here is a short list:

* Wave Respawn - the only way to give teamplay after respawn a chance as detached single units running around searching their team is annoying

* Permadeath starts in Phase 3 and Spectator Cam for enjoying the outcome together

* ACE3 support

* Uniforms and Vehicles from popular mods like RHS

* Nerfed Weaponry, no scopes etc for shorter ranged, more exciting combat

* Different vehicles (mostly light armored), depending on individual port

* Template for easy porting on all the great community maps to give every playthrough a different vibe/strategies

Find the template and instructions here: https://github.com/gruppe-adler/TvT_EndGame_Template.Stratis

A short introduction video in german (sry, no subtitles):

So to summarize: We enjoy the general idea but had to make quite some adjustments to fit our needs.

• Like 1