Rayko

BAZ-6909 ---- some 8x8 truck [WIP}.

Russian 8x8 18 ton truck made for deployment and transportation of armament and military tech using all types of roads and landscapes. The truck is adapted for transporting by planes like An-22, An-124, Il-76.... No more wikipedia. :lol:  In game it's planned to use this truck as a tug for some AT guns. Maybe some day will be the 6x6 version o this truck with trailer for tank transporting, but i'm not promising this... :P

Update:

http://imgur.com/a/fQ1k1

http://imgur.com/a/Kd2Tk

• Like 7

Yes, wheels are horrible ( i mean the tire tread) , but they are temporary so don't panic... :)

Just that way start great things. Keep it up!

Yep! I hope this one will be released and there won't be any paranormal thing like with my previous model! :huh:  But anyway thanks for the encourage!

Why nobody made that beauty before???  :cry2:

Because it's too much specialized.Like S-300 carrier.

Good luck anyway.

Because it's too much specialized.Like S-300 carrier.

Good luck anyway.

I don't know, for me this truck is the same as HEMTT... The s-300 carrier is different - the game is not such global for using such system (but it's still could be good as a static model).

And thanks for "good luck" because with my damn laptop wich is good only for tetris i will need it a lot! :D  

I don't know, for me this truck is the same as HEMTT... 

In purpose - yes,in fact - mostly used in military as equipment carrier like radars and missile launchers.

Actually - there is tons of military trucks,so everything makes sence.Probably some sorts of engineering units uses this variant.

In purpose - yes,in fact - mostly used in military as equipment carrier like radars and missile launchers.

Actually - there is tons of military trucks,so everything makes sence.Probably some sorts of engineering units uses this variant.

Anyway, this is the only model wich nobody wants to make, because everything i wanted to create before somebody already made or started to make (brdm-2a, tos-1, dozor-b - vtn mod, m117...) :lol:

Good luck Rayko with your work.

The first wip picture looks good. maybe you can work together with RHS on this truck. just a idea.

28\11\2016

http://imgur.com/a/w92ga

Damphers... My pain and suffering...

P.S. I thought for 2 seconds and decided to close the bottom to hell!!! So you will not see cardan shaft!   :P Some spare polygons will go on something useful...

• Like 1

Made a texture test. Now i can make textures! :lol:

http://imgur.com/a/dWamq

Fully made in Photoshop from the scratch + 2 decals from internet :blink:

wow very high detail mesh... are you going to sell the model online? if not I think you dont need as much detail as you put into the suspension system, because for one its not a very well seen part of the model even tho its a pretty large truck, it takes a lot of time doing such a task on this object where you could be using that time and with less stress on making something which contributes more to the final model like the interior.

i would like to point out that the bolts and other parts of the suspension can be made flatter due to the fact that it will be baked on to a normal map and with a normal map the lower you make the cage the better the normal map will look. so you could almost make the bolts paper thin and parts like the cylinder face does not need to be so deep try exaggerating the walls on the cylinder face it will give it a little more depth to the normal maps :D 

wow very high detail mesh... are you going to sell the model online? if not I think you dont need as much detail as you put into the suspension system, because for one its not a very well seen part of the model even tho its a pretty large truck, it takes a lot of time doing such a task on this object where you could be using that time and with less stress on making something which contributes more to the final model like the interior.

i would like to point out that the bolts and other parts of the suspension can be made flatter due to the fact that it will be baked on to a normal map and with a normal map the lower you make the cage the better the normal map will look. so you could almost make the bolts paper thin and parts like the cylinder face does not need to be so deep try exaggerating the walls on the cylinder face it will give it a little more depth to the normal maps :D

Thanks a lot for advice! Because for now i still know nothing about normal map! :D And since you know something in normal map making i must ask a question:

How should i prepare the model for baking - do i need to connect everything or it doesn't matter?

http://imgur.com/a/f0PJE

Thanks a lot for advice! Because for now i still know nothing about normal map! :D And since you know something in normal map making i must ask a question:

How should i prepare the model for baking - do i need to connect everything or it doesn't matter?

http://imgur.com/a/f0PJE

no normal maps are baked on to a game ready mesh this is what you will see in arma. your high polygon mesh can include floating geometry which is geometry that floats just above the surface of the high poly model (which BTW can help decrease time instead of trying to model everything out of a single piece its best used on flat surfaces however things like rivets will work just as well on cylindrical pieces). the sections you would like to bake on to the LP do not need to be connected physically to work. they just been to be selected along with the appropriate high polygon mesh sections.

Here is an example of how floating geometry works 

here is another with godawful 3dsmax 

your low polygon mesh just needs to be a simple silhouette of the high poly just remember in video games, performance is very important the less you can make something work the better the game will play out and as such the players experience will be more enjoyable (talking about the Low poly and the textures) generally use the BIS models as a guide for amount of verts and the texture size. just dont go crazy and use 8k textures for a helmet if thats even possible for arma to do. 

no normal maps are baked on to a game ready mesh this is what you will see in arma. your high polygon mesh can include floating geometry which is geometry that floats just above the surface of the high poly model (which BTW can help decrease time instead of trying to model everything out of a single piece its best used on flat surfaces however things like rivets will work just as well on cylindrical pieces). the sections you would like to bake on to the LP do not need to be connected physically to work. they just been to be selected along with the appropriate high polygon mesh sections.

your low polygon mesh just needs to be a simple silhouette of the high poly just remember in video games, performance is very important the less you can make something work the better the game will play out and as such the players experience will be more enjoyable (talking about the Low poly and the textures) generally use the BIS models as a guide for amount of verts and the texture size. just dont go crazy and use 8k textures for a helmet if thats even possible for arma to do. 

Oh, thank you very much for help! I have not to much time for modelling and definitely have no time for searching some training videos so your help is like a GOLD! :D And don't worry about polygons quantity - this will be the most low poly truck in the world. B)

for highpoly it doesnt matter if there are intersecting pieces. The lowpoly you should try and avoid intersection (but if there is some its not a big deal).  E.g. in your left picture, delete the section with light blue dotted lines and keep the one with full light blue lines. That way the light blue dotted section does not waste UV space. But do not make a hole in the "base plate" and connect it -> this just adds more polygons. However, if the part that intersects is really large it may be worth to connect it like in the right picture - which means that the hidden area on the base plate (in case of left picture) does not waste UV space. Its a case by case decision.

• Like 1

for highpoly it doesnt matter if there are intersecting pieces. The lowpoly you should try and avoid intersection (but if there is some its not a big deal).  E.g. in your left picture, delete the section with light blue dotted lines and keep the one with full light blue lines. That way the light blue dotted section does not waste UV space. But do not make a hole in the "base plate" and connect it -> this just adds more polygons. However, if the part that intersects is really large it may be worth to connect it like in the right picture - which means that the hidden area on the base plate (in case of left picture) does not waste UV space. Its a case by case decision.

Thank you very much or helping - it will save a lot of time! :lol:

Finished with main model. Starting interior.:dozingoff:

http://imgur.com/a/x0zO1

http://imgur.com/a/3GOYH

Wheels are done but they are not on these pictures.

P.S. If there are russians who reading this and who saw this truck in real life or know a lot about it please send me a post pigeon, letter in a bottle or morze telegram...

• Like 4

Doubt someone ever saw this cuz it's really rare.But try my best for finding details.

1)You're missed a hook for a trailer/howitzer.Average detail of any general purpose truck.Nessesary if you make artellery tractor.

1032-02-03-10.jpg

2)Chassis seems undetailed.If you going to bake - add some screws on it.Unnesessary,but... still

3)The thing between front wheels... seems to be a muffer(Глушитель) for exhaust.

1335378151_truck-auto.info_baz-6909_3-10

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Pan Samogon said:

Doubt someone ever saw this cuz it's really rare.But try my best for finding details.

1)You're missed a hook for a trailer/howitzer.Average detail of any general purpose truck.Nessesary if you make artellery tractor.

Blin, i forgot to add a lot of stuff!!!:shine:This damn celebrations!:drinking:

And about details i just want to know what the hell is inside of the rear part of cabin - no photos found so far... And how exactly does this small square things on the cargo body look like (and what is their purpose, just interesting)?1/1??

Great looking truck..any chance of having a few different color variations?

Diesel

On 31.12.2016 at 10:06 PM, diesel tech jc said:

Great looking truck..any chance of having a few different color variations?

Diesel

Your question should stay somewhere after questions "any chance of finishing this model" and "any chance of putting this into a game"!:icon_biggrin:

If everything will be ok and i will found out how to use proxy textures - i will make two skins: olive and camo (like on the picture of Pan Samogon in the upper post).

• Like 1