Sign in to follow this  
pcc

Calling unit automatic reinforcement

I know you can call other secops supports with radio trigger

[["artillery_barrage","transport","gunship_run","aerial_reconnaissance","supply_drop", "tactical_airstrike"], player] call BIS_SOM_addSupportRequestFunc;   

but how do you call the unit auto reinforcement with the radio trigger also?

Would it be possible to call the unit drop from simple support module with radio trigger?  I can't use that module directly because it conflicts with secops,

The SOM reinforcement isn't configured as a support (called), it's configured as a SecOp (offered), which by default is not added to the pool but set to auto-activate as members of the team get killed.  When a death occurs it activates to offer the reinforcements.  The leader either accepts or declines, just like a SecOp.  If the leader doesn't respond the offer times out, just like a SecOp.

But it only runs automatically if its setting is 'true' at mission start.  Are you using settings in the module or no?  If so, fifth setting would be auto-reinforce.

I do have auto reinforce on, but I like to use it not just to replace dead units, but to add more units than I have.

The default Reinforce SecOp will only run when a member of the original group dies.  It only replaces members of the original group, it won't add members.

Simplest alternative would be to maintain the group composition registered in SOM during the mission, adding to the array when larger is needed and calling the SecOp by script or trigger to gain them (it won't run automatically when the array changes, only when a group member is killed).  Reinforcements given are based upon the units listed in the group composition.  Those missing are given.  The group composition is an array of class names of the units in the group at mission start.  It gets registered in SOM locally on the server.
// (SP) or (MP server only), won't work on a joined client.
// Trigger1: Set a larger group composition.
comp = +(mySOM getVariable "grpComposition");
comp = comp + ["USMC_Soldier_Medic","USMC_Soldier_GL","USMC_SoldierM_Marksman","USMC_Soldier_LAT"];
mySOM setVariable ["grpComposition",comp];
// Trigger2: Gain the reinforcements.
["reinforce",true,mySom] Call BIS_SOM_requestSecOpFunc;

Maintaining the array to lower the units would be tricky.  Units in the group can share the same class name, you'd have to know which one to select.

Another alternative, for better control, would be one of these two methods with Reinforcement phase scripts copied into your mission folder, modified for your mission purposes.  You could script them to do the secop exactly the way you want it, and run them separate from the default or as the default.

Edited by opusfmspol
updated links
  • Like 1