and new error with airvehicles staticline\ cobrasvetlo p3d which crashed arma3 to desktop but if i remove only staticline from mod arma 3 works so only problem is that cupterrains that crashes to desktop dayzero

pretty decent setup for Cherno.. it would be great if u could add some functionality to the zeds
also, since u added RHS supporrt it would be nice to see support for other CUP modules,NIArms & these two 

i play ravage all the the time so these mods are always in my library

Edited by IramS

Thank you, IramS!

Regarding zombies, there is little I can do as they come from the Zombies & Demons mod (I neither have the rights to edit the mod nor the necessary knowlegde to do so).

As far as support for other mods goes, I think I have to disappoint you. I decided not to make any other content compatible so that gameplay is the same for everyone and

remains balanced, even though the addons you suggested are all fantastic pieces of work.

I hope you get my point.

Best regards,

CaptainX11 a.k.a. Mercenary11

i get your point...why not create some storybased SP scenarios like this using ravage...u get your functional zed ai & support for all those mods

also good luck with dayzero...hope it gets even better with the upcoming updates!

Edited by IramS

Hi.

Is there some setting in some .sqf to remove zombies?

@neofit

Well...no. Why would you want to remove zombies from a zombie mission? o.O

6 hours ago, Mercenary11 said:

Well...no. Why would you want to remove zombies from a zombie mission? o.O

Because I find it more fun to deal with normal NPCs in a survival setting, and these annoying magical creatures are breaking immersion. What's worse, more often than not people are trying to spawn them a few meters behind my back and thus breaking immersion even more. So I am a big fan of post-apoc settings where zombies are optional.

• Like 1

Alright, I see. I don't like to say this but maybe this scenario isn't quite the right choice for you in this case as it's basically an interpretation of DayZ and zombies are a crucial part of the mission.

11 minutes ago, Mercenary11 said:

Alright, I see. I don't like to say this but maybe this scenario isn't quite the right choice for you in this case as it's basically an interpretation of DayZ and zombies are a crucial part of the mission.

Probably not. I got too annoyed within like 15 minutes of reaching Elektrozavodsk. It may have been usable with melee attacks as in Epoch and other DayZ-based mods. Anyway, I'll try removing all the "Spawner" entities and see how it goes.

On 3/3/2017 at 1:23 PM, neofit said:

Because I find it more fun to deal with normal NPCs in a survival setting, and these annoying magical creatures are breaking immersion. What's worse, more often than not people are trying to spawn them a few meters behind my back and thus breaking immersion even more. So I am a big fan of post-apoc settings where zombies are optional.

Agree with you here.

Little population of zeds is OK. An occasional horde to avoid it OK, but zeds spawning right in front of player is not a good thing.
Also, once an area is cleared of zeds, it should stay cleared, or spawned in some hours later, imho.

• Like 1

Alright, I definitely see your point there. But what I still want to make clear is that zombies are supposed to be the main threat and they spawn continuously because it was like this in DayZ as well (at least in Epoch). When I first started working on the mission, I was even unsure whether to add bandit AI or not and up to this day, they can be considered a minor threat imo.

However, what I can assure you is that I will increase distance from the player to spawn zombies again, because we all agree that it's not fun to have them spawn right in front you.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Mercenary11 said:

However, what I can assure you is that I will increase distance from the player to spawn zombies again, because we all agree that it's not fun to have them spawn right in front you.

I would never ask nor tell a mission maker to alter their missions in anyway. I've myself made missions for Arma 2.

But I would give suggestions.

The spawn feature is just overwhelming the player.
If you could delay the spawn and distance, that would be great.

Gives me time to get the hell out of there before they come back and also keeps the mission immersive.

BTW, thanks for the hard work!

• Like 1

On 06/03/2017 at 1:08 PM, Mercenary11 said:

Alright, I definitely see your point there. But what I still want to make clear is that zombies are supposed to be the main threat and they spawn continuously because it was like this in DayZ as well (at least in Epoch). When I first started working on the mission, I was even unsure whether to add bandit AI or not and up to this day, they can be considered a minor threat imo.

Wasn't it in Epoch that you'd get to a new area, you'd trigger the zombie spawner, you clear the area and it would stay clear? Or was it Origins?

I'm with Mordacai on this one. Arma's strength is in ranged combat, swapping it in favor of some melee mobs, with no proper melee capabilities from the player feels like underusing the engine capablities and what makes it fun.

• Like 1

On 3/7/2017 at 7:56 AM, Mordacai said:

I would never ask nor tell a mission maker to alter their missions in anyway. I've myself made missions for Arma 2.

But I would give suggestions.

The spawn feature is just overwhelming the player.
If you could delay the spawn and distance, that would be great.

Gives me time to get the hell out of there before they come back and also keeps the mission immersive.

BTW, thanks for the hard work!

I like your attitude. The spawn conditions for zombies are definitely going to be reworked. Sorry for my late response.

3 hours ago, neofit said:

Wasn't it in Epoch that you'd get to a new area, you'd trigger the zombie spawner, you clear the area and it would stay clear? Or was it Origins?

I'm with Mordacai on this one. Arma's strength is in ranged combat, swapping it in favor of some melee mobs, with no proper melee capabilities from the player feels like underusing the engine capablities and what makes it fun.

I recently played A2 DayZ Epoch to see how it works and I noticed that there was a more or less constant spawn of zombies (or maybe there were just so many of them that I didn't realize it was just one group). It was probably different in Origins, although I've never really played that mod. And of course it sucks that there is no melee option in DayZero, but it would be impossible to implement it without a mod because from what I have read only the A2 engine supported the axe animation, whereas the one from A3 does not. But simply removing the zombies wouldn't really make gameplay better after all imho.

Forgive me if this is something from vanilla Arma as i'm new but i'm fairly certain i've encountered a bug with being infected or something. My screen is getting blurred out every few seconds with like a double vision effect, i've tried using all the meds available from the pharmacy and my hp, food and water being at 100 don't seem to effect it. I'ts kinda making it hard to play and i'm not sure how to fix it or even whats causing it honestly.

Here's a screenshot of it vifeyg.jpg

@DarkDragoon

This is a rare infection resulting from zombie bites that leads to death within about 20 minutes if untreated. It can be stopped using a full injector, which has an immediate effect or by taking antibiotics against zombie bite (yellow), which has a delayed effect. Your body temperature also indicates that you have slight fever, which is a typical symptom amongst blurred vision. Please note that normal antibiotics will not stop the infection. If you can't cure it in any way, it must be a new bug related to the Heros Survive mod. I will investigate the issue if it happens to be one.

11 minutes ago, Mercenary11 said:

@DarkDragoon

This is a rare infection resulting from zombie bites that leads to death within about 20 minutes if untreated. It can be stopped using a full injector, which has an immediate effect or by taking antibiotics against zombie bite (yellow), which has a delayed effect. Your body temperature also indicates that you have slight fever, which is a typical symptom amongst blurred vision. Please note that normal antibiotics will not stop the infection. If you can't cure it in any way, it must be a new bug related to the Heros Survive mod. I will investigate the issue if it happens to be one.

Thanks for the quick reply, I thought it was something like that originally and bought and used one of everything from the pharmacy which included the injector and antibiotics for bite and neither seemed to fix it, but I think I got it now, I saved and reloaded the game and bought another injector, used it and didn't move until my temperature dropped to 37 and now it seems to be fixed. I'm not sure if the not moving thing was what fixed it or just coincidence after reloading but all seems good now.

Forgive me but I am very new to Arma 3, never played any others. I love this mod! However, I have ran the almost the entire East coast area, I've been to 3 bases, many towns and I cant find a single car to drive. I have read forums and cant seem to find a straight answer I have also uninstalled and reinstalled. Tried local and steam install mods. I am only using the 7 you say we need and I load them in the order you put them on the site. Is there something I am doing wrong? I cant keep running to explore this entire map using the "+" key to speed things up. Oh and should I be able to pick up the duct tape, shovels, and some of the other items I see on shelves or are they just static?

@DarkDragoon

Alright, then it was probably just that it didn't work initially. Anyway, I will see what I can do to make sure it works everytime.

@Kepana

Thank you. I'm glad you're enjoying the scenario. I think this may not be an issue, but rather that you weren't lucky enough to find one so far. You're probably doing nothinf wrong. On mission start, about 20 vehicles are spawned across the map. Most of them are found in rather remote areas, but usually on or near roads. If you still can't find any vehicles, try restarting the scenario. And those items in industrial sheds are all static, btw.

Mercenary11, thank you for the great scenario, works flawlessly for me and is great fun. One small request. I enjoy the immersion of ambient music and sound, can this be added as an option for players? I am sure that it is no small task, however, and I understand that this is your mission and your vision which I am enjoying immensely. If I were to add my own music to the scenario, what type of script problems would I run into? Can I reactivate music in the script and add my custom music without breaking anything? 

@RoyBatty

I'm glad to hear that you like my scenario. You made a great suggestion. It is something that has been on my to do list for quite some time now. Unfortunately I haven't yet found a proper way to implement permanent ambient sound effects and music into the scenario. But I can assure you that it will be added once I find out how exactly it's done. I guess doing it yourself might be a challenging task. Just make sure 3den Enhanced is running when you fire up the mission in the editor.

Well I hope you don't mind but I de PBO'd your mission and with editor I added the Atmosphere Module that comes with "RAVAGE" by Haleks. Not sure if you have ever used the tools Haleks made but this mod can add ambient music, lighting and a few other options to any mission. I just opened your mission in the editor (after de PBO'd), dropped the module and saved it, renamed the mission, moved all of your scripts to the new folder and exported. Works like a champ. I have no idea how Haleks made that module maybe you could consult with him. Thank you for your hard work and fun mission. I love the trader camps. 

Sure I don't mind if you do that as long as it's solely for private use. Using Haleks' module is actually a great idea but I can't do that for obvious reasons (copyright). I might actually contact him and ask for permission to use the script if I can't come up with an own solution. Anyway, he is a modder whereas I'm only a mission maker so we have quite a different set of skills. Thought I'd mention that. Thank you anyway!

While I do not know all the shop dos and don'ts in the modding and mission making community, I believe Haleks developed these mod tools for the community. It is not specifically a script copied and pasted from one of his missions but a logical module available in the editor. Maybe you could use it as long as proper credit is given. The ambient music is apart of his mod/mission when you download it. The timing and fade in and out are perfect for your mission and they in no way distract from the mission or break immersion. I think it is also possible to add in custom tracks of your own choosing. Anyway just an idea as I am a little ignorant of these matters.