Hello there Arma community (and developers)!

Is there any way to assign costs directly to groups (of units) such as OIA_InfSquad and so on?

Well heh, actually I know that it is possible: you just declare the costs of individual classes in the cost table and then call it with bis_fnc_curatorObjectRegisteredTable;

That does work so long that when I place a vanilla infantry squad for example the CSAT one, the individual costs I've set will get summed up and then subtracted from the total amount of available Curator (Zeus) points.

Why is it then that when I declare individual class costs for a game modification such as Iron Front lite

• placing individual soldiers works as intended (the set points get subtracted) but
  • when placing a group that consists of those same individual soldiers no curator points get subracted

Shouldn't the game handle modifications the same way as it does with vanilla game's groups? That is, when placing a group of units -> sum up all the individual costs and then subtract the total amount.

So what gives? Might this be an issue with the base game or the modification I'm using.. or maybe I should declare some additional stuff somewhere that I just currently don't know what to declare and where.

I even tried to declare cost (0.9) for LIB_GER_infantry_squad in the very same list where I have set costs for the individual soldiers but that didn't help much.

By using the module Set Costs - Soldiers & Vehicles it is possible to circumvent the behavior I'm struggling with here. In that module there's an empty field Men where you can set a cost for every class type "Man". By setting a cost (eg. 0.5) in that field every class type "Man" gets the same cost and then the cost for placing a group from game modifications (such as Iron Front in this case) will be subtracted from the available Curator points.

But if I set the cost like that I lose all the control over setting individual costs for every single soldier and then every grunt, marksman, officer and so on will cost the same amount to place and that's a thing I'd like to avert as much as possible.

I managed to track down the problem I was describing in the earlier message.

There is somekind of inheritance or somesuch between Iron Front addons WW2_Assets_c_Characters_Germans_c_GER_Wehrmacht and WW2_Assets_c_Characters_Winter_c.

Those addons include summer and winter outfit variants for the same soldier class types.

When a mission maker calls only the WW2_Assets_c_Characters_Germans_c_GER_Wehrmacht addon with bis_fnc_curatorObjectRegisteredTable; the Curator (Zeus) points won't get subtracted when placing a group consisting of the soldier classes from that addon.

If the mission maker calls only the WW2_Assets_c_Characters_Winter_c addon with bis_fnc_curatorObjectRegisteredTable; the Curator (Zeus) points will get subtracted when placing a group consisting of the soldier classes from that addon.

For some reason the mission maker has to call both addons with bis_fnc_curatorObjectRegisteredTable; for the point subtraction to work with infantry groups placed from the WW2_Assets_c_Characters_Germans_c_GER_Wehrmacht addon.

For a mission maker this means having to make summer and winter outfit variants available to Zeus for no other reason than this probable bug or feature, whichever the aforementioned behavior happens to be.

May I have a video of how to do such thing, I'm playin the same mod, and making a RTS ZvZ mission that's the last problem, it would be very appreciated its drove me insaine