opendome

The Unsung Vietnam War and ALiVE Compatability Mod

Hello everyone!

With many requests for UNSUNG/ALiVE compatibility, here they are! Im working on getting all of the factions done for Charlie and then having some predone for Delta when we release it. I have tried to keep all of the factions as historically accurate as possible. All factions have a high amount of variability within groups and as many group types as possible keeping the historical accuracy in mind (such as infantry, naval, artillery, mechanized infantry, armored, support infantry, aircraft, etc)

Currently Completed:

USMC 1965: 3rd Battalion 4th Marines for the primary force, 3rd Force Recon Company for the SF Force supported by Navy CAS aircraft (All marine used aircraft)

Faction Class Name: UNSUNG_W_USMC_65

US ARMY 1965: 1st Infantry Division for the primary force, 5th Special Forces Group for the SF Force, supported by the 6th Transportation Battalion for tracked vehicles, the 25th Infantry Division for artillery, the Riverine Patrol Force TF-116 for naval operations, and the USAF for fixed wing aircraft

Faction Class Name: UNSUNG_W_USARMY_65

NVA 1965: 8th Battalion, 66th Regiment NVA for the primary force and the 4th Battalion 21st Regiment Recon for the SF Force.

Faction Class Name: UNSUNG_E_NVA_65

VC 1965: 40th VC Battalion, 1st Regiment Main Force for the primary force with VC Village Guerrillas with the 4th VC Battalion 12th Regiment Regional Recon Force for the SF force. 

Faction Class Name: UNSUNG_E_VC_65

PAVN 1967: 40th VC Battalion, 1st Regiment Main Force, 4th VC Battalion, 12th Regiment recon Force, VC Village Guerrillas for primary infantry force with 8th Battalion 66th Regiment NVA and 4th Battalion 21st Regiment Recon NVA sprinkled in, Dac Cong for the SF force.

Faction Class Name: UNSUNG_E_PAVN_67

NVA 1968: 324th Battalion, 812th Regiment NVA for the primary force with 2nd Battalion 246th Regiment Dac Cong for the SF force.

Faction Class Name: UNSUNG_E_NVA_68

USMC 1969: 2nd Battalion 7th Marines for primary force with the 3rd Force Recon Company for the SF Force supported by Navy CAS aircraft (All marine used aircraft)

Faction Class Name: UNSUNG_W_USMC_69

PAVN 1969: 8th VC Battalion, 6th Regiment Regional Force, 4th VC Battalion, 12th Regiment recon Force, VC Village Guerrillas for primary infantry force with 324th Battalion, 812th Regiment NVA sprinkled in, Dac Cong for the SF force, 203rd Armored Regiment NVA for tracked Vehicles.

Faction Class Name: UNSUNG_E_NVA_69

Civilians:

Faction Class Name: UNSUNG_C

UNCOMPLETED:

US Army 1969: 25th Infantry Division for primary force and artillery, 7th Special Forces Group for the SF force, the 6th Transportation Battalion for tracked vehicles the Riverine Patrol Force TF-116 for naval operations, and the USAF for fixed wing aircraft

https://sabercathost.com/2rDE/@UNSUNG_ALiVE.zip

W9uUWIV.jpg

• Like 12

Hello everyone!

With the big release of Delta today there are many new and exciting UNSUNG/ALiVE Possibilities! Currently USMC 1968 and NVA 1968 are both completed for Delta compatibility (featuring hundreds of groups on each side for constant variety and different situations everytime!) and Ive indexed Khe Sanh for ALiVE (I will index all our UNSUNG maps over the next week or so). So heres the first release featuring USMC 1968, NVA 1968 and the index of Khe Sanh! Keep your eyes out for more factions/map indexes over the next week or so ;)

USMC 1968: UNSUNG_W_USMC_1968

NVA 1968: UNSUNG_E_NVA_1968

Civilians: UNSUNG_C

GET IT HERE!

cs1zFm3.png

• Like 2

To get ambient vehicles, air transport, ground transport, and ambient supplies place https://www.sendspace.com/file/vjgj4v in your mission folder and in the ALiVE (Required) Module place

0 = [] spawn { 
    if (isServer) then { 
        waitUntil {!isNil "ALiVE_STATIC_DATA_LOADED"}; 
        call compile (preprocessFileLineNumbers "staticData.sqf"); 
    }; 
};

also if you are unsure how to use the khe sanh index simply place the x folder in the mod into your mission folder

• Like 1

On 12/16/2016 at 7:12 PM, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

Could you forward the indexes over to the ALiVE team so they would be compatible organically?

Yes please! :)

• Like 1

this is very cool man. i followed your instructions and made an alive mission on khe sanh. a bunch of seahorses would fly in and drop fresh troops off at the airbase.

• Like 1

Hi Folks,

Been out of touch for a bit - THIS is what I've been waiting for - thanks so much for the work and effort !!!

I'll try this on the weekend...

:f:

Regards,
Scott

When using these factions, would a server or clients on the server need it downloaded as well? 

Thanks, opendome. The new factions are great. I hope you get around to doing 1969 army sometime soon, but too bad the Hueys in Unsung are still broken and fly into outer space.

I have one big problem though that's kinda weird.

I made a mission on Da Krong where its PAVN 69 vs USMC 69.

In ALIVE if you have an AI Military Commander module (let us say set for PAVN) and you put PAVN troops down on the map and sync them to the Virtual AI System the AI Commander should take control of those troops and use them in war.

This works for USMC 69, but not for PAVN 69. If you put PAVN 69 squads or units down on the map and sync them to the Virtual AI System module nothing ever happens. If you use the debug tools to see profiles on the map you can see that the PAVN units have been profiled (i.e. syncing them to the Virtual AI System worked), but they will never ever move or do anything even if attacked (Meaning the PAVN AI Commander refuses to take control of them). I ran a mission for 18 hours while I slept just to make sure and they never ever moved even one inch.

The funny thing is that if you place a Custom Objective module and set the number of infantry groups to spawn to any number above 0 those infantry groups will spawn and the AI Commander will control them and use them.

The problem might have to do with classnames or something or it could be a problem on my side, but I feel like I've double-checked everything enough that it could be a problem with the faction since USMC works flawlessly.

I hope you can fix this problem sometime so I can set custom force compositions.

Here is my mission if you want to take a look at it, maybe it will help you fix the problem or maybe you'll just see a mistake that I made somewhere and correct me:

https://sabercathost.com/4Nsi/alivevietnam1.DaKrong.zip

It's a work in progress.

By the way, do you plan on indexing the Ia Drang and SEA maps?

Does any one else notice that virtualized Unsung unit drop a copy of their ruck when first initialized? I believe its just the group leader. Can anyone else check this out in Zeus and see if it happens?

Just downloaded your mod and tested it and Alive does not recognize "UNSUNG_E_NVA_1968". Anyone else encountering this issue?

Hey guys. I am currently working on creating an ALIVE MSO for my unit, thanks to the red orchestra 2 hype-train, however i can't seem to spawn any of the groups of UNSUNG. This includes BLU to CIV forces. I can spawn in single entities but if i attempt to spawn a rifle squad from the NVA 69th Regiment i will see the icons to spawn but it will not let me physically put them down. I can only put down the single rifleman one at a time. Is there a fix to this or is it just a bug? Is there an ALIVE MSO utilizing unsung out for public consumption so that i can study it and see if i can replicate the result so i can actually play in a vietnam mission instead of only being able to zeus it. thanks!

***Edit*** So thanks to a few of my colleagues in my unit it looks like the issue stems from the mod has not been updated to the 64-bit system yet. I assume that this will probably be addressed in the Echo update whenever that is

Edited by Nightwolf2112
Found issue fix/origin

Hi Folks,

I drift in and drift out - - - is the most recent method to address factions for Alive in Unsung ???

Thanks...

Regards,

Scott

Do we run this file as it's own mod or do we put it into either the unsung or ALiVE folders?

could u sign this mod for use on mulitplayer servers or can i have permission to do so and upload to steam?

On 16/12/2016 at 7:12 PM, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

Could you forward the indexes over to the ALiVE team so they would be compatible organically?

That would indeed be the easiest and cleanest solution for users

Hi Folks,

Checking OpenDome hasn't been here since April - probably on a break or something...

Regards,
Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

46 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

Checking OpenDome hasn't been here since April - probably on a break or something...

Regards,
Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

:down:  Well, I hope that either he finds the time to finish this or let's see if someone else picks up the job of factions for Alive

11 hours ago, cc_kronus said:

:down:  Well, I hope that either he finds the time to finish this or let's see if someone else picks up the job of factions for Alive

Hi...

I'm using OpenDome's work posted above - it does work...

It's really not that hard - ALiVE gave us the tools so anyone can do it... Take a gander if interested...

Regards,

Scott

On 12/16/2016 at 9:51 AM, opendome said:

To get ambient vehicles, air transport, ground transport, and ambient supplies place https://www.sendspace.com/file/vjgj4v in your mission folder and in the ALiVE (Required) Module place

0 = [] spawn { 
    if (isServer) then { 
        waitUntil {!isNil "ALiVE_STATIC_DATA_LOADED"}; 
        call compile (preprocessFileLineNumbers "staticData.sqf"); 
    }; 
};

also if you are unsure how to use the khe sanh index simply place the x folder in the mod into your mission folder

Can someone please repost this and the other stuff too? The links are mostly all dead. Much appreciated.

• Like 1

Does anyone have copies of these missions? I have been trying to download them for awhile but that site really sucks, if you need server space to host them just send me a message on here (may take awhile to see it) or get me on discord  Twiztid#0500

Thank You!