Sign in to follow this  
Vasily.B

Arma too futuristic

We have considered that, indeed :icon_twisted:

However, as asset production is the part that takes significant time, we rather decided to put more effort into Tanoan buildings, see the platform part of Roadmap, and to add more interiors / ruins to buildings there.

Realistically speaking, there is a great version of the old, classic, Malden by CUP for example. What would You expect to make a difference between CUP and our re-creation? :icon_twisted:

Or maybe something will appear in your plans about it for Arma on new engine? Operation flashpoint 35 years later (2020)?  Just idea ;)

• Like 3

Or maybe something will appear in your plans about it for Arma on new engine? Operation flashpoint 35 years later (2020)?  Just idea ;)

No more future stuff pls. :D  However,if they would set the new ARMA game with the new engine in the 80's, 90's or 2000's, i would see no reason to ever leave my apartment.  ;)  

Edit - i just realized , i said "future" , when 2020 is only 3 years and two months away...holy sshhii.... :wacko:

No more future stuff pls. :D  However,if they would set the new ARMA game with the new engine in the 80's, 90's or 2000's, i would see no reason to ever leave my apartment.  ;)  

Edit - i just realized , i said "future" , when 2020 is only 3 years and two months away...holy sshhii.... :wacko:

Todays tech is closer to arma 3's then 2s, sooner people learn that less arguments everywhere :/

• Like 7

Todays tech is closer to arma 3's then 2s, sooner people learn that less arguments everywhere :/

Caseless and 6.5  grendel ammo is not going to see widespread use among any worlds armed forces in close future. If anything, many forces in the future will probably go with the HK416 series of rifles as its an M4 with AK reliability. No need to reinvent and increase the military budget by switching all personell with a 6.5 . Some of them may even keep using what they are using just have it upgraded slowly by 2035. You also cannot overlook  the enormous technological gap between an Osprey (currently used and it was in arma 2) and a CSAT cargo VTOL and an earthquake machine. Some of the tech does exist today, most vehicles, either exist but are not used by anyone except the elite forces, or they are prototypes. 

Started to write something offensive because iam really tired of this "pull Arma back to stoneage" crap, but then i realized that the post would probably be removed before anyone had chance to read it, so:

Please Keep arma as it is now.

• Like 3

A3 isn't actually futuristic since 2015 (see all the tech pop up on all the military expos and YT).

Hell, Croatian Armed Forces are pretty much 50% armed with A3 NATO tech... and then there are Iraq SF running the VHS-2 rifles and such.  :ph34r:

• Like 1

Literally everything in the game (except the MX series) exists in real life. Do I want ARMA to go back to the Cold War? Yeah, but this argument that it's "too futuristic" is a stupid one

• Like 2

I think some of the recent 'futuristic' chat may come from the VTOL's in Tanoa and came from the CSAT-look when Arma 3 was first introduced.

But to points made by thecanadianvending and others before me, 90% of the stuff in the game is current, Western equipment. The Humvee is riding into the sunset people, the replacements look just like the vehicles in Arma 3. Lost count how many times I've watched a documentary on Iraq and Afghanistan and find myself saying, 'oh look there's the truck from Arma!'

For anything you don't like, its modded! And IMO that's where the other era's of combat should stay, with the modding  community, letting BI give us a quality, vanilla game in the present.

It would be an interesting test if BI did what other gaming companies have done for years, reskin their basic game and throw a full-price on it. Players get their Vietnam/80's/90s!

• Like 1

I think as long as Arma doesn't get exo jumping and turn into a COD shooter its fine. I wouldn't like to see it go any more into the futures than it is now though. Since Arma 2 was more cold war oriented despite having an F-35. I think we should bring Arma 4 back into the present day. Which would probably be 2020 when it comes out

• Like 1

Flame-baiting comments have now been removed and this a good place to close this thread before it further de-rails. :padlock: