Sign in to follow this  
WurschtBanane

Create respawning enemy fighter jets

Hi. I placed a jet and gave it waypoints etc. Now when it gets shot down i want it to respawn after 30 seconds or so. I want the AI to have a 100% skill level and have it circle close to the center of the map.

Any jet will do, a random one out of the 4 would be very good though.

I tried a little bit but it didnt work. And i do not want to google for five hours, did it 30 mins and found nothing which is why im asking here.

Help would be appreciated!

I'm not sure if you're just asking someone to do the basic work for you, but it should be rather simple:

• Use getPos to set position of the spawn  (center of map, distance of your choosing)
  • Spawn the jet (_jet = createVehicle ["O_Plane_CAS_02_F", (*position from #1*), [], 0, "NONE"] )
  • Spawn the pilot, set his skill and put him in the jet (_group = createGroup east; _unit1 = _group createUnit ["O_Pilot_F", [0,0,0], [], 0, "NONE"]; _x setskill 1; _x moveInAny _jet;)
  • Set dir, velocity and flyInHeight of the jet
  • Assign a waypoint to the pilot
  • Add a condition for another spawn (! alive pilot - or something)
  • Recursively call the function

Sorry if that sounded dickish, I'm drunk. B)

Hi. I placed a jet and gave it waypoints etc. Now when it gets shot down i want it to respawn after 30 seconds or so. I want the AI to have a 100% skill level and have it circle close to the center of the map.

Any jet will do, a random one out of the 4 would be very good though.

I tried a little bit but it didnt work. And i do not want to google for five hours, did it 30 mins and found nothing which is why im asking here.

Help would be appreciated!

Try my script JEBUS, it can do what you want

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/174661-jebus-just-editor-based-unit-spawning/

• Like 1