almanzo

Feedback Thread

Maps and modes

• Baseraping on the current Link map is far more efficient done from the street, especially if you are playing from the North spawn. The South spawn barely has any cover which should be an easy fix. Besides that, while I called Le Port pretty close to being perfect, Airfield is the perfect Link location. It's really well balanced for both sides and it has a very clean layout.
  • Giving feedback for the Raid location is a little harder. It plays very awkward on the defender side, mainly due to the fact that I find it hard to find good positions. While I had no problems doing that in any other Raid map, I still have no idea how to play Airfield.
  • Clash's Larche is good, in my opinion better than any map before. One thing I really like about this version was the presence of some sort of cover on most of the objectives, which made the circles less of a slaughtering block. However, the way Clash currently works is my main problem with the game mode which makes it the least enjoyable for me.

Bits and pieces

• Link: I would like to see either 1A or 1B "connect" to 2. Switching labels in updates of whatever node is closer to 2 may doesn't sound like a big deal, but it would be a little less strain on "muscle memory" and tactics wouldn't needed to be changed every week.
  • All: Objective/Team markers can be quite obstructive, even downright deadly. In certain situations HUD elements can cover relatively huge portions of the screen and completely hide/cloak an enemy. In other instances team members were situated in completely different portions of the map, but it happened that their team indicator lined up perfectly with an enemy player standing a couple of meters away from me, which very often did not end well for me. It would be nice to either have HUD markers hidden when not in Line of Sight of the player or have an opacity applied to them. A perfect solution would be a mix of that, and a customisation option. That was one of the very few things the developers of Battlefield 4 got right. Example 1, Example 2
  •   All: Hitreg was already mentioned, but I would like to add that I have made the same experiences as Janitor Sanchez.
  • All: As nice as the spectator camera is, it is a little too OP in its current form in my opinion. It saved my or my buddies lives and brought our team to victory plenty of time, because either one of us was dead, spectating and giving call-outs.
  • All: To be able to give more detailed feedback on maps it would be awesome if the developer could provide us with screenshots from an aerial perspective of the key points in the game modes (Nodes 2 and M, Flags, Raid compound). While we could use screenshots of the map I do think that the map itself is too abstract to highlight problematic (or even good) areas.

The main problem I do have with Argo right now is the community. It's too small (especially in US prime time the population seems to half, or dwindle even further), and it seems that mainly the "wrong people" play Argo. What I have seen in my Argo playtime, at least for the vast majority, suggests that the community largely consists of Arma/DayZ players, not FPS players (which seems to be supported by Clash's popularity, objectively one of the most Arma-like, most random and thus least competitive modes in Argo in its current form). While the absence of common sense is present in every single Multiplayer game, and not a unique feature of Argo's community common "FPS skills" seem to be rather rare. While I do still believe that Argo is a great concept, and, if done right, could become a thing, I am afraid the community is going to kill it (empty servers, etc) before it even has a chance to take off, if not grown and diversified. Right now Argo is not very fun to play.

• Like 1

You made a great job with ping marker, now it's visible enough. But still it's hard to ping when hiding in a bush.

Maybe bug: two rounds when I played Clash, there were a lot of suicides in both teams. I suicided two times in a row when enemy was shooting at me (each time it was after one or two hits). So I was killed but enemy got no frag hehehe.

Still a lot of weird delayed tradekills with people with a high ping. And I think that only one of tradekillers getting kill count increase (first one?).

Yeah, the servers are too empty!

EDIT:

A lot of AFK players lately. Votekick is not effective.

you can kick the player but 70% of all players need to vote to kick.

It's hard to make enemy team to vote in this situation.

35 minutes ago, Apollyanna said:

You made a great job with ping marker, now it's visible enough. But still it's hard to ping when hiding in a bush.

Maybe bug: two rounds when I played Clash, there were a lot of suicides in both teams. I suicided two times in a row when enemy was shooting at me (each time it was after one or two hits). So I was killed but enemy got no frag hehehe.

Still a lot of weird delayed tradekills with people with a high ping. And I think that only one of tradekillers getting kill count increase (first one?).

Yeah, the servers are too empty!

EDIT:

A lot of AFK players lately. Votekick is not effective.

It's hard to make enemy team to vote in this situation.

We will investigate on this, perhaps adding a system where player is kicked after friendly killing several times or inactivity.

We will get back to you :)

Dont like the forced map rotation after update. Is there anyway or will there be away to select a map? or add a rematch option button.

31 minutes ago, Ben316 said:

Dont like the forced map rotation after update. Is there anyway or will there be away to select a map? or add a rematch option button.

You can select the location you want to play in, in your own hosted servers. On official servers there is random selection of scenarios and it will remain like this for the time being :)

I don't know how hard it would be to implement, but a map vote option might work in the interim. 3 choices, 1 and 2 are different map and game mode, choice 3 is a repeat of the map/gamemode just played.

I'm actually surprised how well this concept works.

It's fun, quick, nice, works well. Good job so far! I see myself preferring big caliber weapons because they kill quicker. Don't see a reason to use rifleman for example.

Clearly communicating what the airdrops do for each game mode would be nice. (Capture airdrop for an additonal respawn! as an INGAME hint for example. Hint system could be made optional in the game settings.)

Map in spectator would be nice.

Seeing other players as markers on the map would be nice. (Also in spectator.)

One major thing is - "netcode". Death-trades happen too often, the damage dealing does not feel "responsive" at all. There also needs to be a GUI for kicking/banning players. I have encountered a guy today who was able to teleport himself and other players and ruin the game.

On 12/15/2016 at 4:21 PM, ITokyYourCookie said:

You can select the location you want to play in, in your own hosted servers. On official servers there is random selection of scenarios and it will remain like this for the time being :)

Surely be better to let people choose which maps they want to play? and monitor this info as it could be used towards future maps. Dont dislike any map tbh but with only 20 people max online right now being forced to cycle four maps before the one i want to play is kinda keeping me from playing since the update and i was up to 39hrs.

Link-airfield is a great map. its got the right amount of cover, the routes are simple and there is no where to hide. Fast hectic map with good players. 

The four new maps added although easy enough to learn, become a bumping into match with a lot more camping and hiding. I hope more maps like airfield will come?

another bit of fan art, arm patches :D

i am not the best at gimp but since i miss armpatches in argo as identifier i guessed i'd try it myself.

BE0E7898369439453759DF472DC56CCFF9498B99

• Like 3

If this is the "future" of BI and Arma, it's a real pity! I spend more than 8 hrs a day 365d/y  on arma for editing or playing. Why reducing Arma to a poor "gun game" mission?

No immersion, just instant action for kidds, like so much other poor games!

Interest of map = 0, interest of weapons = 0, strategy = 0. It's so boring, i removed it after a quarter of an hour.

Be sure Arma 3 is a far more advanced platform to improve the game itself! Eden editor is consistent. what/where is the added value in Argo?

Please focus on a tremendous Arma IV, and fire the guy who had this lame duck idea.

On 17/12/2016 at 3:05 AM, Ben316 said:

Surely be better to let people choose which maps they want to play? and monitor this info as it could be used towards future maps. Dont dislike any map tbh but with only 20 people max online right now being forced to cycle four maps before the one i want to play is kinda keeping me from playing since the update and i was up to 39hrs.

Link-airfield is a great map. its got the right amount of cover, the routes are simple and there is no where to hide. Fast hectic map with good players. 

The four new maps added although easy enough to learn, become a bumping into match with a lot more camping and hiding. I hope more maps like airfield will come?

We wish this was as easy as you say. This would require extensive changes in UI and voting feature. 

On 16/12/2016 at 4:59 AM, megagoth1702 said:

I'm actually surprised how well this concept works.

It's fun, quick, nice, works well. Good job so far! I see myself preferring big caliber weapons because they kill quicker. Don't see a reason to use rifleman for example.

Clearly communicating what the airdrops do for each game mode would be nice. (Capture airdrop for an additonal respawn! as an INGAME hint for example. Hint system could be made optional in the game settings.)

Map in spectator would be nice.

Seeing other players as markers on the map would be nice. (Also in spectator.)

One major thing is - "netcode". Death-trades happen too often, the damage dealing does not feel "responsive" at all. There also needs to be a GUI for kicking/banning players. I have encountered a guy today who was able to teleport himself and other players and ruin the game.

You can actually see what the drops do in every scenario, if you approach the airdrop you will get a hint pop up message :)

On 18/12/2016 at 11:33 PM, pierremgi said:

If this is the "future" of BI and Arma, it's a real pity! I spend more than 8 hrs a day 365d/y  on arma for editing or playing. Why reducing Arma to a poor "gun game" mission?

No immersion, just instant action for kidds, like so much other poor games!

Interest of map = 0, interest of weapons = 0, strategy = 0. It's so boring, i removed it after a quarter of an hour.

Be sure Arma 3 is a far more advanced platform to improve the game itself! Eden editor is consistent. what/where is the added value in Argo?

Please focus on a tremendous Arma IV, and fire the guy who had this lame duck idea.

Hi,
it's important to realise what Project Argo is and what it stands for. As mentioned multiple times, Project Argo is way for us to test our multiplayer FPS design, learn new things, gather feedback and grow as developers. Project Argo is also part of Bohemia Incubator, platform for experimental games which might never make it to the actual release.
We are working hard on making Project Argo better everyday and we thought it would be nice to have our community being part of development.
Have a nice day :)

• Like 5

If you want to BOT bash you play arma. Want PVP you play argo. 

Arma is rubbish, install just the base game like you would had you just bought from steam and then try find a server to play on... Its impossible.

I re-installed the game within the last week and every time i try enter a server xyz mod is needed in order to play. Its like it became to complex and the base game is only a small % of what you really need to play the game. Would not be so bad if everything auto downloaded and installed but it dont do this.

This is why SQUADs cleaning up right now. 

3 hours ago, ITokyYourCookie said:

We wish this was as easy as you say. This would require extensive changes in UI and voting feature. 

Lucky its not close to a finished game then,plenty of time for changes. :)

Tbh It would benefit from it. I spent a good few hours over the weekend playing and the map i wanted to play the most came up twice in about 20 games (no joke)

1, join a server play a map or two...server dies

2 Log into another server and play a few games then this also dies too

3 repeat 

4 oh finally the map i wanted to play, other team steam rolled in under 5 mins. 

5 back to the top 

There are a lot of empty official servers. could you not just fix one map to them and rename server? rather then trying to re code UI?

2 hours ago, Ben316 said:

Lucky its not close to a finished game then,plenty of time for changes. :)

Tbh It would benefit from it. I spent a good few hours over the weekend playing and the map i wanted to play the most came up twice in about 20 games (no joke)

1, join a server play a map or two...server dies

2 Log into another server and play a few games then this also dies too

3 repeat 

4 oh finally the map i wanted to play, other team steam rolled in under 5 mins. 

5 back to the top 

There are a lot of empty official servers. could you not just fix one map to them and rename server? rather then trying to re code UI?

Server dies you mean what? Players leave or there is some server technical issues?

3 minutes ago, ITokyYourCookie said:

Server dies you mean what? Players leave or there is some server technical issues?

Yeah people leave. So change server and try again. Just pot luck where on the cycle of maps i join. :(

I absolutely love the "announcer" voice, but how can I change its volume? I play in headphones and I like the loud sound of guns and footsteps, but the voice is too loud for me. At first I thought that I can reduce it by using "Radio" slider in options, but this slider do nothing.

18 hours ago, Ben316 said:

Yeah people leave. So change server and try again. Just pot luck where on the cycle of maps i join. :(

I understand, we are working on improving the mission voting as we speak :) 

On 12/18/2016 at 0:53 PM, suiside said:

i am not the best at gimp but since i miss armpatches in argo as identifier i guessed i'd try it myself.

That looks really good! Make the "Project Argo" text the same shade as the satellite & border, as well as make a string of thread around the edges of everything and you've got a good looking patch.

Personally I like Photoshop 2017 better than GIMP but GIMP is the best you can get that doesn't cost an insane amount of money lol

Hello, Project Argo's damaging system is so annoying. 7.62 mm should have a great stopping power. Please keep Arma 3 damaging system to satisfy Arma 3 players. In my opinion this project is intended for Arma 3 players who want to have the FPS experience. I hope you keep up with the Arma 3 standards.

Regards

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hisham Khalid said:

Hello, Project Argo's damaging system is so annoying. 7.62 mm should have a great stopping power. Please keep Arma 3 damaging system to satisfy Arma 3 players. In my opinion this project is intended for Arma 3 players who want to have the FPS experience. I hope you keep up with the Arma 3 standards.

Regards

Thanks for the feedback,

Project Argo even though its based on Arma 3 is very different from it in it's vision. We are still tweaking the damage system but we don't want to directly copy the system from Arma 3 :)

• Like 1

On 18/12/2016 at 6:53 PM, suiside said:

BE0E7898369439453759DF472DC56CCFF9498B99

This looks awesome!