thoops99

Exporting terrain for a new mask image?

I'm working on the Kelley's Island map and i just made a new island but i'm not sure how to export a new mask image. So i can know where to change terrain. 

Not very specific on what you actually need help with?

1. You don't know how to export a mask image | Pretty sure it will be under export: http://prntscr.com/d1n7hc

2. So I know where to change terrain? | What do you mean by this?

Thanks

Use L3DT, import your height data, calculate and then the 'Texture Map' will show land where once was water, export that texture map and add as a layer in PS or other image software over your existing sat/mask.

Not very specific on what you actually need help with?

1. You don't know how to export a mask image | Pretty sure it will be under export: http://prntscr.com/d1n7hc

2. So I know where to change terrain? | What do you mean by this?

Thanks

I found how to export the mask image but it did not show the new island like I thought it would. Also I think my TB is broken because I cannot export a sat image (I'll upload a pic when I get home from school. And for your second point I meant that I was hoping that the new island would show on the mask image so I could know where to edit the ground texture

Use L3DT, import your height data, calculate and then the 'Texture Map' will show land where once was water, export that texture map and add as a layer in PS or other image software over your existing sat/mask.

I'm a complete noob sorry. What do you mean by height data. Do i need to export the terrain as an image or somthing?

I'm a complete noob sorry. What do you mean by height data. Do i need to export the terrain as an image or somthing?

Your height data is the .asc or .xyz file you have in your source directory, look in your raster layer and it should be green, export that.

Import into L3DT and then recalculate the data, when it does it will show a tab called 'Texture Map'. where your land is will show as an island, use that as a layer on your existing sat image.

To be fair you're trying to run before walking, maybe following This to master the basics, that way you'll understand what does what and why, it'll make life so much easier as you go on :)

• Like 1

Your height data is the .asc or .xyz file you have in your source directory, look in your raster layer and it should be green, export that.

Import into L3DT and then recalculate the data, when it does it will show a tab called 'Texture Map'. where your land is will show as an island, use that as a layer on your existing sat image.

To be fair you're trying to run before walking, maybe following This to master the basics, that way you'll understand what does what and why, it'll make life so much easier as you go on :)

Thanks for your help

On 12/31/2016 at 9:33 AM, Kvisten GigaGaming.dk said:

Hey, it's a map you will give out?

No, it will be a map only for my server. But, in the future i may release it.