Sign in to follow this  
schmoking

map markers disapeared on server

after the latest update all map markers have disapeared on my server.

i have markers placed for places with vehicle spawns and stuff you can do on the map, so theire kind of important.

there is also a nuke that creates a marker for the fallout zone, this is gone to.

anyone know whats causing this?

I believe no diviners here. Write how you create the markers any code and its execute or something

most the markers was placed in the editor, with text added to explain what was there.

the marker created by the nuke uses this code:

areaee = createMarkerLocal ["areaee", position nukestartpos]
"areaee" setMarkerShapeLocal "ELLIPSE"
"areaee" setMarkerSizeLocal [300, 300]
"areaee" setMarkerColorLocal "ColorRed"

_markerobj = createMarkerLocal ["natext", position nukestartpos]
_markerobj setMarkerShapeLocal "ICON"
_markerobj setMarkerTypeLocal "mil_destroy"
_markerobj setMarkerColorLocal "ColorRed"
_markerobj setMarkerTextLocal "Nuclear Radiation"

everything worked fine before...

i did find some post from back in june with something similar happening, that was about a difficulty settings bug, but that  was suposed to be fixed allready.

i do run custom dificulty but i cant find any recent post with the same issue.

I hope you see self that there are going about local markers , are you?

im not exactly sure what u mean, im not very good at this, i think u descibed my mission in an earlier post where u helped me as very poorly made for multiplayer, and thats very true.

so is a local marker only to show up for one player, and not everyone?

if so.. i think the nuke script, wich are several scripts makes everyone run this part of it, so everyone creates there marker.

the server has ran for a couple months now, with these scripts working, up until the last update from arma.

and then there is the markers placed in the editor, arent these stored in the mission.sqm, and should load up for everyone? as they did before.

these are the important ones, as new players cant find anything on the map.

every marker on the map have disapeared..  and i cant for the life of me figure out why.

Editor placed markers are visible everywhere while its alpha is set.

Scripted local markers are visible only on PC where created.

i checked the markers and their alpha is set to 100%

i uploaded an older version, and checked to be sure its not caused by any changes i made, with the same result.

on closer inspection there is one marker that still works, its the marker for UAV`s.

there ia 2 UAV`s placed and repawning on the map, they have markers until they respawn, then the marker is gone.

there is also a drone that players can spawn with addaction menu, when one is spawned it has a marker everytime, and it is visible to all players.

i looked at my custom settings, but from what i can see there is no options here for map markers placed in editor to be visible or not.

there is one called mapContent, and i turned it on, now there is markers for all players and mines placed, so i turned it off again.

this is driving me nuts!   :banghead:

Did you disable map drawing in the server.cfg? If yes, it's a known bug that marker are not visible.

Yesssss....  thank you!!!

apparently i have changed that setting, works great now...   :notworthy:  :icon_dj: