Persian MO

Orange DLC (wild) SPECULATIONS !!!

All we can do now when it comes to the orange dlc, is speculate. They've given us almost nothing as info (sure orange just a codename

What I would like is if something we actualy had comes back; infiltration. In the beginning of Arma 3, we could change clothes and by changing into enemy uniforms, you could deceive the enemy. Ofcourse, in war it's considered a warcrime to do this, but hey, that what the spying game is all about. Let's make war in Arma a bit more dirty.

It would sincerely surprise me from a studio which implemented red cross, and rules against war crimes (interview of Marek Spanel at 1:25).

It would sincerely surprise me from a studio which implemented red cross, and rules against war crimes (interview of Marek Spanel at 1:25).

That's a shame.

Kind of strange also if you try to imitate real combat as much as possible. Do they believe special forces far behind enemy lines for long time walk around with their big flag on their back? No, they try to blend in as much as possible.

The same with other, more dirty, aspects of war; bad things happen in war, I mean, it's war... (so not allowed in games, but books, movies, etc is okay; typical).

Betcha it's this....

Argo is a separate project from ArmA III.

Argo's goal is to be a standalone game. Orange DLC is planned to be an addon only for ArmA III.

Further still, Argo is being made in the Czech Republic. Orange is being made in the Netherlands.

• Like 2

Further still, Argo is being made in the Czech Republic. Orange is being made in the Netherlands.

That doesn't really matter..BI has offices in 4 countries atm

• Like 1

Anyway, as said Argo goal is to prepare devs to make a competitive game. I don't think that it would focus on playable content anyway, but more on a new feature.

It matters because when they talked about either project, they stated where the team working on the project is.

Argo is not the Orange DLC because it's been stated these are two different teams because of where they're residing. I believe Jay Crowe stated as such on Reddit regarding Argo.

It matters because when they talked about either project, they stated where the team working on the project is.

Argo is not the Orange DLC because it's been stated these are two different teams because of where they're residing. I believe Jay Crowe stated as such on Reddit regarding Argo.

Same idea :  https://www.reddit.com/r/arma/comments/5ak5qf/the_project_argo_focus_to_competitive_tactical/d9h8ig0/

While it has nothing to do with this particular thread:

1. Argo is a proof of concept to test out live certain ways to deal with the PvP scenarios. It is also a way to get feedback directly on further malden development - and most likely the assets and island are being developed in a separate studio that where the argo scenarios are...

2. Understand that depending on what needs to be done, multiple people work on different things on the same DLC...

but back on the topic, indeed orange dlc has NOTHING to do with Argo (which is a test bed for a future standalone project - under arma fancise most likely)

• Like 1

Nope. Considering the most popular game mode (wasteland) from Arma 2 uses crates and loading objects into vehicles and building bases, i reckon this "Boring-Ass-Base-simulator" you mentioned is just another way for you saying logistics isn't your type of thing. That's completely fine, you have your opinion. But that's not the point.

But based on the reason i originally joined the Arma series, which wasn't DayZ like most, but rather the fact that it was an infantry game that could at the same time simulate helicopters, cars, bikes, tanks, APC's, Boats, Jets, and all these things combined into one great sandbox, after hours of intense gameplay, i always felt there was one major thing missing from an Interactive game of sorts. At heart, you spawn in. Your holding a gun, you got everything you need instantly. There's no need for the Ammo crates or base parts in the editor in missions when they're all pre-positioned, something that is infantry focused, should really have these by default, or at least some form of replenishment available not Via. scripts. I shouldn't have to cheat spawn, or script insta-spawn in some crate and place it perfectly somewhere via. some command interface.

Rather, it would be smoother if the assets were available so that i can go to it, get it, and bring it to where i need it. Now picture this on a bigger scale. You have TvTvT. Three teams fighting. What is it? Spawn, fight, die, respawn, fight, die, respawn. This to me is fr more boring than what you perceive as "boring". Here's why. Now instead of that repeat, you have a TvTvT. You spawn, but you have limited supplies. However, you've got more supplies at a designated base from combat. You can bring this into the combat zone, but that has risks all in it's own, possibility of crashing, or getting shot down, blown up. So now, you have to manage how and where to bring supplies to friendly forces in combat, in order to be efficient. This is the basis of Warfare, the core, so to speak, as well as it makes things more interesting. So you spawn, fight, die, or get injured. Run out of ammo, you don't just respawn. You can have 2 or 3 people running logistics that will dictate how effective you are in how you move and position your offenses/defenses, and supplies. It's far more interesting than just spawning in and shooting shit in my opinion. Of course, that's just my opinion. I've become bored with simple old Arma as it is, despite new things like VTOL's and such, granted given limited Logistical capabilities like Sling Loading and Vehicle in Vehicle transport, it's just teased rather than fully implemented and well thought out.

For example the Opfor transport can only hold a single small vehicle, where as the Blackfish can hold an APC or two armed cars. But what if it wasn't limited to VTOL's? Everything that has space can hold a smaller object or vehicle. You can now create more gameplay opportunities this way that provide more fun, while bringing back that attractiveness that had most people calling Arma a realistic simulator... without being one, of course. But it would also feel like a more polished title, instead of certain assets having limited abilities, the assets that would be used for such things in real life, now have these abilities in game, in a respectable fashion. 4 guys in the back of my Off-road, or maybe i want to transport a few Quad bikes instead just in case i want to be more low profile, or more mobile depending on the terrain later down the road. Or perhaps i've got a HemTT and i'm transporting 3 crates to the front line, one with AA or AT launchers and ammunition for 16-20 men with munitions that have been extremely low, which would be the lifeline for them. Or maybe there's a position that needs reinforcing, and there's a bout to be a major counter attack, i can bring supplies to put up H-Barriers, Sandbags, and emplacements to help the survival chances of the force. I can construct a UAV base using Anti-Thermal Tents that mask the position from enemy IR Camera's, and so on, so fourth. Arma has all these things, EXCEPT for the ability to manipulate and move them around live during gameplay, without heavily being scripted. This is the problem. I'm not trying to make it boring. I'm advocating for more flexibility in the core of the series.

To be fair, when something unknown is announced, people tend to come up with what it could be in their own minds. So the "Orage == Naval" assesment was simply my vision for an essentially unmarked DLC with the possibility of it's reveal being anything. I personally said Naval assets, because i've always said it was something BI's combined arms game never touched on in it's best potential.

I wish there was a arma2 like version of wasteland, in arma3 so much!

I wish there was a arma2 like version of wasteland, in arma3 so much!

You have wasteland by Sa-matra. It's almost the same as arma 2 one.

I feel this thread is just derailing, i can appreciate we can speculate. But as of yet we only have the name, no other evidence yet  :ph34r:

• Like 2

There is it. US Citizen are now discovering what this "Project Orange" was.

Lol yes, indeed  :pet6:

• Like 2

Can we leave politics out of this?  We're exhausted and to be honest kind of sick of it at this point.

If it is naval assets what do you all think it would include?  Walking on decks while the ship is moving?  Walking below the water line?  Air cushioned landing crafts?  Logistical resupply and deployment via sea?  Naval flight operations?  Sailing ships???

Can we leave politics out of this?  We're exhausted and to be honest kind of sick of it at this point.

If it is naval assets what do you all think it would include?  Walking on decks while the ship is moving?  Walking below the water line?  Air cushioned landing crafts?  Logistical resupply and deployment via sea?  Naval flight operations?  Sailing ships???

it's not naval assets ;) I bet it does not contain "assets" (or trump for that matter)

• Like 1

Its not naval , its not Argo, its something about battlefield , some orange fruit and some pumpkins and a Squirrel !  :confused:  

• Like 1

Ok, rephrase, if it had something to do with naval assets that bring a new features to the battlefield, what would it be?  Even if it is unfounded speculations.  Beats talking about politics.

• Like 1

Ok, rephrase, if it had something to do with naval assets that bring a new features to the battlefield, what would it be?  Even if it is unfounded speculations.  Beats talking about politics.

Maybe ViV, such as barges to move ground vehicles from an island to another.

But with Karel Mořický in Amsterdam, I would bet that there will be a GUI.

'ORANGE' DLC

This year, we opened a new studio in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. With the goal of gradually building up experience, work has started on a small project, codenamed 'Orange'. While the exact direction isn't final, we're very much interested in exploring an interesting and unique perspective on the battlefield. It’s shaping up to be a valuable, innovative addition to the platform!

Could be VR technology in cooperation with http://orangecountyvr.com/ ?

• Like 2

'ORANGE' DLC

This year, we opened a new studio in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. With the goal of gradually building up experience, work has started on a small project, codenamed 'Orange'. While the exact direction isn't final, we're very much interested in exploring an interesting and unique perspective on the battlefield. It’s shaping up to be a valuable, innovative addition to the platform!

Could be VR technology in cooperation with http://orangecountyvr.com/ ?

Wouldn't this be a feature and not a paid DLC?

• Like 1

Based on BI's new platform, by definition, a DLC consists of both Content and Features in a premium package, where content is paid, and features are free to everyone. In this case, Orange, a paid DLC, would have to have some form of Content.

• Like 4

Based on BI's new platform, by definition, a DLC consists of both Content and Features in a premium package, where content is paid, and features are free to everyone. In this case, Orange, a paid DLC, would have to have some form of Content.

why would you be certain that orange DLC won't be free in the first case? zeus was.

• Like 1

why would you be certain that orange DLC won't be free in the first case? zeus was.

Well i can't be that certain it's paid. We can speculate it might be though.

Jet DLC - Free

Tank DLC - Premium

Malden DLC - Free

Tac-Ops - Premium

ORANGE - ???

It's 50/50 and a question mark. This is actually a good question... Is it paid or un-paid?  :o

Edit: or perhaps Tac-Ops and Orange are similar or connected in some way, both development brackets begin at the same time.