so far, from what I've seen of it, this is the number-1 in arma rts mods and which really works in single player

everything I've been looking for so far is only here in this ,and works

(all CTI version not works for me,AI not spawn in single player,the squad commanding in Liberation with zeus not good because i see the enemy,the savegame not save down the units and his positions)

I have already solved the FPS view, because I want ti fight in FPS

I'm looking for the scroll speed of view
 because its speed is very slow

and I already know how to expand the tank factory list, but I'm asking if you know a very simple way...(before i write into the code)
i have PZ2 and Hetzer and Puma versions and many more

Hi.

Happy to hear, you like the mission. It is based on Modkalb's WOO scenario, so he is the primary recipient of kudos. 🙂 WOO was adopted to WW2, modified here and there and equipped with complete AI opponent logic. 

About scrolling, direct code editing is required:

In MBG_WOO_F_InterfaceControl.sqf found line 320 looking like this:

_step = (sqrt (MBG_WOO_Main_cam distance MBG_WOO_Main_cam_Center_POS))/3;

I believe, that's the place. Not sure, because it was years since I worked on this code. 

Change 3 with some lower, yet positive value and test until it's OK for you. 

Also, note, there's scrolling limitation in flexible way preventing player from moving the camera too far from any own asset (fog of war of sort).

As for factory list, no super easy way other than editing proper arrays. IIRC, again, it will be in MBG_WOO_F_unitConfig.sqf:

MBG_WOO_WEST_TANKFACTORY_Sales = ["MBG_WOO_WEST_1_AAV","MBG_WOO_WEST_1_LAV25","MBG_WOO_WEST_1_LAV25B","MBG_WOO_WEST_1_M1A1","MBG_WOO_WEST_1_M1A2"];

Entries here have misleading names inherited from initial WOO scenario, but you can add new ones (I hope...) or edit existing ones, each is defined in the same file like this for example:

MBG_WOO_WEST_1_AAV = [[160,600,130,"StuG III","b_armor","GUI\Buttons\StugIII.paa",0.5,3],["LIB_GER_tank_crew","LIB_GER_tank_crew","LIB_GER_tank_crew"],"LIB_StuG_III_G"];

At the moment not really sure about numeric values, I would need to dive deeper to check them, probably first ones are cost of production etc. while 0.5,3 may be consumption? Just experiment with them and compare results. Other entries are for the map icon, interface button, the crew, and lastly the vehicle classname itself. So, as we see here, "AAV" is a StuG III G in fact. 

• Like 2

I can already see that this will be my favorite game mode if I manage to include complete mixed APC/light/heavy armor and infantry groups.

and it has already been done, but it only allows to produce 1 tank together with infantry

I don't know yet whether it will be possible to edit the groups/squads later in the game, because if so,now shame to bother with this.

but I don't want to dive deeper into the gameplay, as long as there are no groups in which there are several vehicles with infantry.

With the code of the heavy factory, I can get a tank inf section from the infantry factory, but it only allows 1 vehicle,like this:

MBG_WOO_WEST_4_BASIC = [[0,500,24,"Small Infantry Squad","MBG_WOO_MARKER_INF_4","GUI\Buttons\Infantry4.paa",0,0.4],["lib_stug_iii_g","LIB_GER_ober_lieutenant","LIB_GER_medic","LIB_GER_stggunner","LIB_GER_sapper_gefr","LIB_GER_mgunner","LIB_GER_AT_soldier","lib_ger_rifleman","lib_ger_rifleman","lib_ger_rifleman","lib_ger_rifleman"],"lib_stug_iii_g"];

this is only quick test,not real,because no tank crews(but this soldiers are geniuses they can drive everything 🙂  )

how do I change this line? so that more vehicles appear in the section, I tried to write another one after it, I tried to repeat the entire bracketed structure, the same thing twice, but still only 1 vehicle appears

The view scroll:

I changed something and I think it was faster, (but I deleted it after tests, then I noticed during the game that it
was still faster with it, maybe parameter called  "step",but yours will be the winner, I'll try it.

This solution of "fog of war" is brilliant idea

I'm really looking forward to playing with it for a long time deep game, but before that I'll make it perfect

I didn't even test the versions transcribed for the other maps, I expanded this Staszow a bit to the nearest villages,

if this is completely based on the HAL game, I already know it, my problem with that was on the Baranow map - it started slowly, the enemy ai was very smart,there I didn't have to find an additional solution for healing because the ai sent out medi-trucks - for injured soldiers,

but before a real big attack developed, sometimes you had to wait too long,several times the attacks were good massive, several tanks came at the same time, but you had to wait a long time,

HAL was my first favorite for a long time, then I switched to ALIVE

the Alive orbat system is very clever, I created dozens of group versions there ,and i met them randomly.

In this the resource system will be the winner and the point and click,and i will  added to this the large mixed groups

and  i even not play with this i didn't see  the possibilities...

maybe the AI's decisions won't be as slow as HAL in the original mod

but now possible the slow decisions i will  compensated with larger groups (=more fight)

if i rewrite the squads ,then 1 lone tank will not wander in itself

yes WORKS 😀😀😀  with 0.5 good

_step = (sqrt (MBG_WOO_Main_cam distance MBG_WOO_Main_cam_Center_POS))/3;

the atmosphere of the game is amazing🤩🤩🤩   (only the FPS mode is very dangerous in too close to my factorys)

mortars, at guns.....(with my little- mixed squads with 23 other MOD,ASR , JSRS,TPW_CAS ,Blast core,AI flraegun,accelerated time,random weather etc..)

need to hurry to solve the multi vehicle problem from factory and this will be the best strategy in the world

there should be an addition that would allow the new respawn in any of my characters(or only in any group leader position) upon death and transfer the command authoritys

In the game have inbuilted fps mode? how?

i unlock the commander from the trigger-prison in the editor,but not need if have a original inbuilted fps possibility

look your fantastic game,this is my "first" game,crash at the end because of OBS studio and storage related problem,the mixed quads works,but need more vehicles in the squads.

absolute favourite MOD.

I just answered you on one of the Ragnarok'44 mission videos.

Anyways go to this post with all Ragnarok'44 controls, functions, and how to play

https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/196146-sp-ragnarok44/?tab=comments#comment-3108282

16 minutes ago, csepi0101 said:

i unlock the commander from the trigger-prison in the editor

Dont do that, because if he gets killed its game over, the commander is not meant to be played like a normal soldier.

Ideally when you recruit ai or basically produce soldiers in your factories you can "incarnate" into them and play as them, if one of the soldiers

or even if your playing as a tanker in your mission gets killed then you lose only that soldier, and the mission wont end.

Then all you do is go back to the commander and then change back to the RTS mode.

Here is an old video, its the

Ragnarok'44 in Arma3 - Introduction/ Demonstration & How to play tutorial

I show you from the beginning, controls, functions, camera and what everything does.

• Like 1

Just now, Gunter Severloh said:

Ragnarok'44 in Arma3 - Introduction/ Demonstration & How to play tutorial

I show you from the beginning, controls, functions, camera and what everything does.

I don't have a numpad, need to rewrite the button,yes the life of commander is very dangerous in this unlocked mode 😄

I really enjoyed playing these scenarios, it's something very unique. Thank you Gunter Severloh and Rydygier !
It would be great to let AI commanders fight each other and play as an ordinary soldier on the battlefield.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, MoHonk said:

It would be great to let AI commanders fight each other and play as an ordinary soldier on the battlefield.

Hi. 🙂

If so, you may like also this:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=310586623

It is, what you described. Two AI-controlled sides fighting each other, player is but a small cog in the machine. BTW AI is controlled by same script used also here, in Ragnarok, namely Hetman. It is not RTS though, so it lacks base building, economy, producing units... It's just a plain battle over randomized territory. 

There exist numerous ports to other maps/mods, not sure, if there's any WW2 though. 

• Like 1

Hello. 🙂

Yes, HETMAN is amazing for such scenarios. I often use the NR6 version because of its easy setup. In my opinion, unscripted and fully dynamic scenarios are the best Arma experience.
But currently it is very buggy, I hope someday you will continue to develop your version or maybe help fix some serious bugs in the NR6 version.

5 hours ago, MoHonk said:

Thats a cool idea!

I would like to create more scenarios for Ragnarok'44, their not hard to create but they can be tricky based on the terrain you set

up the modules and components on. Regardless i've yet to see anyone create any Ragnarok'44 scenarios themselves, i wouldn't mind listing them on the

OP for others to play, its a fun mission type of mission.

Understand that aside being an RTS mission as its known for, you can play as one of the soldiers that you have created in your barracks or other buildings,

all you need to do is incarnate into them and you can be a part of your own battle.

I mean you can still send your forces to go capture the objectives, and the enemy will still do their thing, i've done that many times, played as a soldier, tanker

even driver of a truck. But for those of you who are interested in creating your own scenarios i do have a video and written tutorial on how to do it, its all linked on the OP.

Any questions feel free to ask!

• Like 2

I'm constantly playing with this, there's only one thing that needs to the absolutely perfection,

that's that need more vehicles in the AI groups when they come out from the factory,

the construction of the different platoons in the unitconfig is simple, 1 vehicle / platoon works perfectly, but it's a huge improvement would to more realism, if complete combat groups went to occupy a village

as it works in ALIVE, predefined with the ORBAT editor

You just need the part in the code where the sections are built

RYDYGIER knows this best because he wrote it.

He says that it is in Unitinteraction.sqf and that the configuration of the platoons/groups must also be changed in unitconfig.

I tested but not work(without  /*  )

THE PART FROM UnitConfig.sqf :

MBG_WOO_WEST_1_AAV = [[160,600,130,"StuG III","b_armor","GUI\Buttons\StugIII.paa",0.5,3],["LIB_GER_tank_crew","LIB_GER_tank_crew","LIB_GER_tank_crew","LIB_GER_tank_crew","LIB_GER_tank_crew","LIB_GER_tank_crew"],["LIB_StuG_III_G","LIB_StuG_III_G"]];
//(so you multiply also crewmen)

AND THE PART FROM UnitInterAction.sqf:

_texty = format ["%1 recruited", _UnitName];

_countVeh = 1;

if (_vehType isEqualType []) then
                    {
                    _countVeh = count _vehType;
                    _vehType = _vehType select 0;
                    };

If not (_vehType in [""]) then {_IcantBelieveItsNotButter = true;};

_newgrp setVariable ["RYD_WOO_InitialCount",count (units _newgrp)];

if (_IcantBelieveItsNotButter) then {

for _i from 1 to _countVeh do
                    {
                        _theveh = _vehType createvehicle _spawnpos;
                        _ix = _theveh addEventHandler ["Killed",{_this call RYD_WOO_Experience}];
                        _theveh setVariable ["RYD_WOO_KillEH",_ix,TRUE];

_units = +(units _newgrp);
                        _drvPos = (_theveh emptyPositions "Driver");
                        _gunPos = (_theveh emptyPositions "Gunner");
                        _commPos = (_theveh emptyPositions "Commander");

if (_drvPos > 0) then
                            {
                            (_units select ((count _units) - 1)) assignAsDriver _theveh;(_units select ((count _units) - 1)) moveInDriver _theveh;
                            _units = _units - [(_units select ((count _units) - 1))]
                            };

if ((count _units) > 0) then
                            {
                            if (_gunPos > 0) then
                                {
                                (_units select ((count _units) - 1)) assignAsGunner _theveh;(_units select ((count _units) - 1)) moveInGunner _theveh;
                                _units = _units - [(_units select ((count _units) - 1))]
                                };

{
                                if (_commPos > 0) then
                                    {
                                    (leader _newgrp) assignAsCommander _theveh;(leader _newgrp) moveInCommander _theveh;
                                    }
                                };                                  ****************i think in this row not need ";" symbol ***************
                            };

/*if (_drvPos > 0) then
                            {
                            (leader _newgrp) assignAsDriver _theveh;(leader _newgrp) moveInDriver _theveh;
                            _units = _units - [(leader _newgrp)]
                            };

{
                            if (_gunPos > 0) then
                                {
                                (_units select 0) assignAsGunner _theveh;(_units select 0) moveInGunner _theveh;
                                _units = _units - [(_units select 0)]
                                };

{
                                if (_commPos > 0) then
                                    {
                                    (_units select 0) assignAsCommander _theveh;(_units select 0) moveInCommander _theveh;
                                    }
                                };                             ****************i think in this row not need ";" symbol ***************
                            };*/

//if ((count units _newgrp) > 1) then {((units _newgrp) select 1) assignAsGunner _theveh;((units _newgrp) select 1) moveInGunner _theveh;};
                        //if ((count units _newgrp) > 2) then {((units _newgrp) select 2) assignAsCommander _theveh;((units _newgrp) select 2) moveInCommander _theveh;};
                        (units _newgrp) orderGetIn true;
                        //_theveh lockDriver true;
                        if (canFire _theveh) then {_theveh allowCrewInImmobile true};
                        _newgrp setVariable ["RYD_WOO_InitialVeh",_theveh];

16 hours ago, Ragnarok44fan said:

that's that need more vehicles in the AI groups when they come out from the factory,

AI uses other file - AIOnlyCommands. The relevant part is almost same, around line 900, but there are few small differences. If you compare them side by side you shold spot them. 

BUT having multiple vehicles in a single group is bad idea in general due to AI, which treats vehicles like they are infantry so tries to use same formations etc. with terrible results. 

Sadly, I do not have time for diving into this code myself. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rydygier said:

AI uses other file - AIOnlyCommands. The relevant part is almost same, around line 900, but there are few small differences. If you compare them side by side you shold spot them. 

BUT having multiple vehicles in a single group is bad idea in general due to AI, which treats vehicles like they are infantry so tries to use same formations etc. with terrible results. 

Thanks i will try around this section
The "problems of mixed platoons" is not true, the infantry get on the vehicles and tanks beautifully and travel with those,ASR AI also uses them as cover,and rearm point, I have never seen any problems with the large mixed Groups

, it is amazingly atmospheric when you see them with binoculars as they approach

4 hours ago, Rydygier said:

and this two inactive section in the original code wasn't this a test of the multi-vehicle version?

//if ((count units _newgrp) > 1) then {((units _newgrp) select 1) assignAsGunner _theveh;((units _newgrp) select 1) moveInGunner _theveh;};

//if ((count units _newgrp) > 2) then {((units _newgrp) select 2) assignAsCommander _theveh;((units _newgrp) select 2) moveInCommander _theveh;};

No, there was no such attempts. This is some unused crew handling code.

2 hours ago, Rydygier said:

No, there was no such attempts. This is some unused crew handling code.

i not a programmer...very not....but..

with a very primitive method i ~solved the multi vehicle experience.But in this case all groups when come from the factory come with 3 same type vehicles.(the constructor car too...)

i can't change the  _vehType  to the next vehicles in the arrays of unitconfig.sqf.

example........_vehType = _vehType select 3;  not works................ _vehType = ( _vehType select 4);           not works......

how to change   _vehType  to the next vehicles in the arrays of unitconfig.sqf  ??????????

Put the code before all  "_theveh = _vehType createvehicle _spawnpos;" row  and the problem fully solved.

and if no other vehicles in the array then jump to end  (i not know the syntax how)

(possible your original code make this,but not work,not added more vehicles)

the first 3 row is your original:
                    if not (_vehType == "Land_HelipadEmpty_F") then {_newgrp setVariable ["RYD_WOO_InitialVeh",_theveh]};
                                          (_units select 0) assignAsDriver _theveh;(_units select 0) moveInDriver _theveh;
                                          (_units select 1) assignAsgunner _theveh;(_units select 1) moveIngunner _theveh;
                                          (_units select 2) assignAscommander _theveh;(_units select 2) moveIncommander _theveh;
                                          (_units select 3) assignAsDriver _theveh;(_units select 3) moveInDriver _theveh;
                                          (_units select 4) assignAsgunner _theveh;(_units select 4) moveIngunner _theveh;                     
                                          (_units select 5) assignAscommander _theveh;(_units select 5) moveIncommander _theveh;

step by step  :)

not more Construction vehicle , only one  : D

if (_unitname in ["Construction Vehicle"]) then {} else {
                                          (_units select 0) assignAsDriver _theveh;(_units select 0) moveInDriver _theveh;
                                          (_units select 1) assignAsgunner _theveh;(_units select 1) moveIngunner _theveh;
                                          (_units select 2) assignAscommander _theveh;(_units select 2) moveIncommander _theveh;
                                          (_units select 3) assignAsDriver _theveh;(_units select 3) moveInDriver _theveh;
                                          (_units select 4) assignAsgunner _theveh;(_units select 4) moveIngunner _theveh;                     
                                          (_units select 5) assignAscommander _theveh;(_units select 5) moveIncommander _theveh;
                                        }; 

step by step again 🙂

With random generator, 2 or 3 vehicle is construced? 🙂

with self-training in programming : ) in the nearest future i will get to randomly selected vehicles TYPES from the array in unitconfig.sqf 🙂

1 completed vehicle construction code run in original before this rows....

+ this 2  or 1 vehicle contructtion

_rszam = random 10;
                                         if (_rszam > 5) then {} else {
                                        };
                                         };      

PROBLEM SOLVED 😄 😄 😄 😄

since a lot of vehicles are being made now,because perviously I put vehicles into the infantry groups(in infantry factory),and perviously took down the prices of the groups,

therefore now mixed groups come out in droves.

if (_unitname in ["Special Forces Squad"]) then {} else {
                    if (_drvPos > 0) then
                        {
                        (leader _newgrp) assignAsDriver _theveh;(leader _newgrp) moveInDriver _theveh;
                        _units = _units - [(leader _newgrp)]
                        };

{
                        if (_gunPos > 0) then
                            {
                            (_units select 0) assignAsGunner _theveh;(_units select 0) moveInGunner _theveh;
                            _units = _units - [(_units select 0)]
                            };

{
                            if (_commPos > 0) then
                                {
                                (_units select 0) assignAsCommander _theveh;(_units select 0) moveInCommander _theveh;
                                }
                            };
                        };
                    if not (_vehType == "Land_HelipadEmpty_F") then {_newgrp setVariable ["RYD_WOO_InitialVeh",_theveh]};
if (_unitname in ["M3 Scout Car"]) then {} else {
if (_unitname in ["Sd.Kfz. 251"]) then {} else {
if (_unitname in ["Willys MB"]) then {} else {
if (_unitname in ["Studebacker US-6"]) then {} else {
if (_unitname in ["Ambulance"]) then {} else {
if (_unitname in ["Repair truck"]) then {} else {
if (_unitname in ["Advanced Construction Vehicle"]) then {} else {
                                         _vehType = selectrandom ["ifa3_M4A2_SOV","lib_su85","ifa3_M4A2_SOV","lib_t34_76","lib_t34_85","lib_js2_43","ifa3_t26","ifa3_xt133","SOV_BT_BT7TU_M1937","SOV_BT_BT7_M1937","SOV_BT_BT7A","ifa3_pz38t_sov","ifa3_t60","ifa3_t70m","ifa3_ba64B","ifa3_Ba10","ifa3_kv1a","ifa3_kv1e","ifa3_kv2","ifa3_kv8","lib_scout_m3","lib_sdkfz251_captured","lib_us6_open"];
                                        _rszam = random 10;
                                        _vehType = selectrandom ["ifa3_M4A2_SOV","lib_su85","ifa3_M4A2_SOV","lib_t34_76","lib_t34_85","lib_js2_43","ifa3_t26","ifa3_xt133","SOV_BT_BT7TU_M1937","SOV_BT_BT7_M1937","SOV_BT_BT7A","ifa3_pz38t_sov","ifa3_t60","ifa3_t70m","ifa3_ba64B","ifa3_Ba10","ifa3_kv1a","ifa3_kv1e","ifa3_kv2","ifa3_kv8","lib_scout_m3","lib_sdkfz251_captured","lib_us6_open"];
                                        _rszam = random 10;
                                          (_units select 6) assignAsDriver _theveh;(_units select 3) moveInDriver _theveh;
                                          (_units select 7) assignAsgunner _theveh;(_units select 4) moveIngunner _theveh;                     
                                          (_units select 😎 assignAscommander _theveh;(_units select 5) moveIncommander _theveh;
                                         };
                                         };
                                         };
                                         };
                                         };
                                         };                                      
                                         };
                                         };
                                         };
                                         };
                                         };