Sign in to follow this  
theend3r

Add AI for UGV

I want to have an inactive UGV at the start of the mission that can be later activated with a terminal. Before anyone suggests it, disabling AI not only doesn't work but marks the UGV as friendly/hostile (Yes, it could be setCaptive'd, I guess. It still doesn't work for some reason and if the AI is not of your side, the even if you join it to a group of your side, it doesn't work as it tries to exit the vehicle :rolleyes: ).

I can remove the AI ("b_uav_ai") just fine, I can create it again, but I cannot insert it into the UGV. Using assignedVehicleRole shows [["driver"],["Turret",[0]]], no mistake about it, but using moveInDriver/Turret doesn't work.

Seems like some hard coded limitation. :(

Any way around it? I tried BIS_fnc_spawnCrew but that also doesn't work. Once the AI is out of its "seat", it can't go back.

Have you tried this:

createVehicleCrew _uav

Cheers

Works. Thanks.

For reference, the "driver" classnames of the UAV/UGV are B_UAV_AI, O_UAV_AI or I_UAV_AI depending on side. These can be created via createUnit, but createVehicleCrew is still easiest to use in general.

For reference, the "driver" classnames of the UAV/UGV are B_UAV_AI, O_UAV_AI or I_UAV_AI depending on side. These can be created via createUnit, but createVehicleCrew is still easiest to use in general.

No, they cannot, I wrote it in the first post. Or rather, you can create them but can't force them into their place in the vehicle, the moveInSomething command won't let you.