Sign in to follow this  
psrkallez06

How to keep Dev and Stable version seperate?

I'am only using the dev version for modding with diag + mergeconfig. And then i have a server on the stable version which i play/use the mods on. I'm still confused on how to keep stuff separated. Even tho i launch the DEV arma 3 launcher, deselect all mods there, it still shows up as all my mods are loaded (which is in the stable arma 3 map and not the dev installation map). So how do you guys do it? 

Also do you use the launcher to load the mod or do you type -mod=@somemod?

It also says: Simply run the exe as you would use the standard arma3.exe. For example to perform diag on a PBO, add it as a launch parameter (-mod=@YOURMOD)

Where do i add that launch parameter? To my normal arma 3 on steam, or do i make a shortcut of the arma3diag.exe and add it there? Thanks in advance!!

I'am only using the dev version for modding with diag + mergeconfig. And then i have a server on the stable version which i play/use the mods on. I'm still confused on how to keep stuff separated. Even tho i launch the DEV arma 3 launcher, deselect all mods there, it still shows up as all my mods are loaded (which is in the stable arma 3 map and not the dev installation map). So how do you guys do it? 

Also do you use the launcher to load the mod or do you type -mod=@somemod?

It also says: Simply run the exe as you would use the standard arma3.exe. For example to perform diag on a PBO, add it as a launch parameter (-mod=@YOURMOD)

Where do i add that launch parameter? To my normal arma 3 on steam, or do i make a shortcut of the arma3diag.exe and add it there? Thanks in advance!!

Have a look at this tool: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/191622-how-to-use-the-game-updater-allowing-stable-and-dev-at-the-same-time/

• Like 1