Sign in to follow this  
Bamse

Zeus Module, executing code on server

Greetings and salutations!

So, I'm tinkering with a small simple place:able Zeus (non-Eden) module.
The module itself seems fine and it shows like I want in game, so far so good.

With simple I mean the following:
I want it to execute a simple piece of static code on my dedicated server. From my side, there's no need for any placement or units params for the code snippet, and no other configurable parameters should be sent. Just a static call for a already loaded function from another mod.

So, what I want to run is this: [] call myGreat_fnc;. No more, no less :)
In my feeble mind I thought I could do this by a simple remoteExec making it spawn instead of a call, so basically letting the module called function just contain something small like this;

fn_ServerExec.sqf

remoteExec ["myGreat_fnc", 2];
true

Result was nothing. The called function has rpt-logging and no errors or success messages (and what I expected to happen did not) were logged so it seems like it never even got called properly.

Running [] call myGreat_fnc; from the debug console on the server works as expected.

I'm pretty sure I'm going the wrong way about this and probably in a few different ways :D I'm having a hard time understanding how to do this from the BIKI so any hints, tips & tricks would be very appreciated.

Is it a whitelisting issue perhaps?

lol, nvm. I must've fudged the different pbo versions up and uploaded eariler tries or something. It works just as written above.

I r hapi hoars.