Sign in to follow this  
Moon_chilD

Headless Client Crash - To much RAM usage

Hi guys,
My unit and I have a bit of trouble with our server lately.
The problem is that we observed regular crashes on our missions. These mission we like to call "MCC Templates" because they are basic missions which we use to generate MCC missions on. This always worked fine and we did not have problems with it. After we played on them I normally go to bed and the mission just keeps running. Its a sandbox, so why not. However, in the morning I then find the server (the Arma server not the Maschine) crashed. 
This wasn't the biggest deal, since it only happens long after we stopped playing.

Now it happened during a mission we had (different mission. It was a mission another member build). 
Since then I'm investigating that problem and figured out...its not the server that crashes but the Headless Client(s). I set up a test structure with two server and each with one HC. (I might add, we host our server from an root from Hetzner. Its powerful enough to host several server at once) One server has a regular MCC mission running and the other one I used for testing stuff. 
First I expected MCC since it was also used in the members mission that crashed. But the server behaved the same. Over time the HC uses more and more RAM until it crashes at about 4GB RAM usage (server has 32GB). I think the reason the server does freeze afterwards is because all the offloaded content is then thrown over to the server again.

Okay it wasn't MCC obviously. So the next thing I tested was the recently added ARES. I removed it but everything seems the same. 
I'm out of ideas now. (You will see which mods we use in the RPT file later) It cannot be ALiVE, which is running alongside the MCC Template, since it was not used during the members mission. The only mod that allows us to offload AI to an HC is ACEX. However, I have not placed down the Headless Client Module for that on the MCC Templates. The default for it seems to be "Deactivated".

So my last hope to find the cause is the community because I'm out of ideas. 

Here you find the Logs. They are uploaded to Google Drive because posting the on pastebin would be a pain in the butt.

One more thing: I tried the regular armaserver.exe but also the latest performance build. No change!

Another thing: A little explanation to the Mods.

@STAF_Planes: In here we have the F/A-18, F-14 and Retextures. 

@STAF_Helicopter: In here we have the MELB

@STAF_Misc: This is a collection of smaller mods. ATM - Enhanced Movement, Kimis HMD mod, VCOM Driving, A small self written Fatigue mod and a small self written Framework with functions we can use.

I really hope you can help me. 
Many Greetings
Moony

Arma is a 32bit process including armaserver
This means it can't handle more than 4GB of ram.
I don't recommend setting it higher than 3.2GB otherwise you will start to encounter random crashes.

Yeah I know that, my question is more: Why does it take so much RAM at the first place? It takes 2MB every second (if nothing is happen. Empty server)

While scanning for the problem I saw that I might set the ram to 8GB (even though I knew that wont work @.@) I also noticed that the HC had MCC running still.

However, changing these things did NOT prevent the HC from gathering to much RAM and Crashing!

Edit:
I already updated the performance build to Version 20!