Hello Iron Front Fans!

Here is an RTS (Real Time Strategy) Mod/Mission Rydygier and myself built back in 2013 for the Iron Front in Arma2CO (IFA2) conversion.

So what is Ragnarok'44?

DESCRIPTION
Ragnarok'44 is RTS mission based on Window Of Opportunity "The battle from above!" mission mode by Mondkalb, modified with his permission.
Your task here is to capture strategic points, build your forces to take and destroy the enemy base.

Features:

• Build buildings which will allow you to recruit various types of infantry, vehicles, tanks, and static weapons
  • Establish a logistics to gain better\faster resources, upgrade the level and skill of infantry, vehicle, and tankers, as well as increase efficiency of fuel, and ammo usage by the AI
  • Command with a camera as a general pointing and clicking what and where you want your forces to go and do
  • Play as any of your forces in 1st/3rd person by incarnating into them, command a whole squad, be a lone soldier, play as a tanker, or just be a driver of a vehicle
  • Capture strategic points on the battlefield which will earn you points allowing you to build more forces and upgrade them
  • Create your own Ragnarok'44 missions on the fly, and on any map
  • Fight enemy AI commander that will seize strategic points, gather resources, build and deploy his own army, defend, and engage you with force

Requirements

IFA2

http://ironfront.forumchitchat.com/post/iron-front-as-a-mod-in-arma2co-setup-installation-6998339
CBA
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6231

Download
Ragnarok'44 Mod (v1.15) - This is the base mod that all Ragnarok'44 missions require, its designed for and only works with the Ragnarok'44 missions.
Ragnarok'44.pdf Manual

This is the manual that provides all information on how to play the Ragnarok'44 missions,
information on what each building does, how the functions work, as well as how to use the controls in a mission.
Download the Missions

Build your own missions

How to build your own Ragnarok'44 missions

video tutorial-------> LINK

Looking for the IFA3 version?

See the official release thread here:
https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/196146-sp-ragnarok44/

Changelog

v1.15

• Now player incarnates as group leader when he gets into a tank and will be in the tank commander's seat, not driver's and can swap positions in the tank as usual can be done. (when was a driver in 1.14, I couldn't change seat in the Tiger for example).

v1.14

• Found and fixed error with heavy/very heavy tank allocations (AI was affected too - mistakes in function names). Now, when you buy in Logistics HT/VHT allocation, go to the tank factory, additional tank button(s) should be visible now for Tiger (HT) and/or King Tiger (very HT).
  • Driver's seat is unlocked now again, as this method to keep player inside failed anyway, and clicking on the vehicle should make you group leader instead of driver (if driver was a group leader, nothing changes). Still "not disembark the crew" iron rule is valid. Pity, that you cannot change seat in the tank without disembarking, this spoils the only hope to swap role in the tank. Stay inside or do what you want on own risk.

v1.13

• Simple typo in trimming code, that breaks whole AI - all objectives are stored at the same flagpole now fixed.

v1.12

• Individual squads in a truck with other Ai squads in one truck can now disembark through the

chosen icon, example if you have mg squad and AT squad in opel blitz, and you click on the mgsquad and press disembark, they will disembark instead of who entered the truck first.

v1.11

• Hot-fix for trimming code - two objectives should stay at both bases, isn't? SO this had to be corrected, as currently both are moved at nearest flagpole too

v1.1

• fixed disembarking driver issue;
  • improved cargo transportation code to be more reliable;
  • removed "exit vehicle" button from vehicle's side menu, if there is no cargo to disembark;
  • fixed empty slot on quick group access icon list on screen, when group is deleted;
  • locked driver position at vehicle spawn;
  • locked whole vehicle if abandoned, thus assigned for deletion by Gravedigger function.
  • added objectives trimmer - now at init each BB objective is setpos-ed at closest flagpole position.(check, if this helps with yours non-advancing AI problems)
  • Reorganized the folder structure of the missions and files required for the mission, now all you need to do is move the @Ragnarok mod to your Arma2 directory, and put the mission in the missions folder, also included is a changelog.

v1.0

• initial release

How it started
Rydygier and myself have been working on this since start of August 2013.
Initially I asked Rydygier if he would be interested in converting Modkalb's WOO for Iron front and make it a sp mission where you can fight against the AI,

he loved the idea and i set out and pm'd Mondkalb on BIS forums asking permission if we could convert/port the mission to Iron front, I had to explain about the conversion and so forth.
The name of the mission didn't come about til we completed the mission.
    Almost everyday we shared ideas and tested what Rydygier and I worked on, I give Rydygier most of the credit as I tested, reworded things based on proper English usage,

and given some ideas on alot of the features of the mission, but he mostly rebuilt the whole mission from ground up, adding sounds, icons, new functionality ect,. pretty amazing stuff!!

Credits
Rydygier - addons, scripts, building the Ragnarok'44 mission
Gunter Severloh - acquired permissions from Mondkalb, testing, ideas & feedback, editing, translation, new missions
Mondkalb - WOO - World of Opportunity
==========================

New Mission for the series:

Mission
Panovo Front v (1.0)

Description
This Ragnarok mission is located on Panovo map, In this battle the Russians most times will sweep across the fields and capture 2-3
Strategic points before you even capture one, be wary of their tactics as they will dominate you with many tanks, while their infantry take strategic points from you.
    Get a car factory built right away, so you can recruit an advanced construction vehicle to build a Tank factory, get your tanks out on the field
as soon as you can as well as a few AT squads, dont forget you can also play as a tanker or any infantry too!

Installation
Move the mission pbo
to your missions folder located in your Arma2 directory.

Requirements
-@Ragnarok mod (comes with original Ragnarok mission)
-If/Arma conversion

changelog:
v1.0
  • release

Testing Ragnarok'44 in Arma3 with IFA3 Lite, Rydygier replaced the Hetman (artificial commander) that is in IFA2 with the Arma3 version for Arma3 and the
following is a video i recorded for testing purposes to see what issues there are if any, vid is more of a reference and progress report
on how the "port" is going for Ragnarok, see the vid below:

Here is test two

New mission for the series!

Mission
Download
City under Duress

Description
With the Germans starting at a far distance, the Russian forces will move to occupy Staszow city with most of the strategic points captured,
forcing the Germans to come up with a new strategy to penetrate Russian defenses, capture the city and eliminate the Russian base.

You'll have a couple of options to approach this:
1. build up your numbers and then move to the city, considering you need points in order to build your forces you will only
be able to recruit so many infantry, or tanks because of the requirements

2. build a small force and get to the city right away while the Russians only have so many SP captured allowing you to build your forces quicker
once you have some SP's captured as you will have points coming in.

Other strategic options are possible, time and distance is against you in this.

Video

Installation
Move the file --> Ragnarok'44-City_under_Duress.Staszow (pbo)
to
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\Missions

Requirements - (see frist post of thread for download)
IFA2
Ragnarok'44 mod
CBA

changelog
  • release

Note - once Ragnaro'44 is fully functioning in IFA3, all the missions I built for the IFA2 (Iron front in Arma2OA ) will work in IFA3 (Iron front in Arma3)

Update - new mission coming soon!

Hello Iron Front & Ragnarok'44 Fans I am working on a new mission for Ragnarok'44 should be out soon!
Currently I just finished editing a gameplay video for it, now formatting it, and will upload soon, mission will
be ready to release for Saturday Stay tuned!

Mission

Download

Colleville Engaged

Description
Among the hedgerows, fields and rows of trees the Russians set out to capture strategic points quickly, leaving half the map for you to acquire.
When you think your well on you way capturing your 1st 2 strategic points, the Russians will surprise and overwhelm you with their tanks,
reducing your forces to dwindling numbers.

Installation
Move the file --> Ragnarok'44-Colleville_Engaged.Colleville.pbo
to
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\Missions

IFA2
Ragnarok'44 mod
CBA

changelog
  • release

Update

Hey guys as Kju and myself are working on getting Ragnarok'44 into IFA3 (IFA3 Lite) I wanted to post about what we have done, tried

and have been testing, here is a video I recorded early this morning of our 3rd test, and i explain in the video whats being tested, and whats been done

this time around progress has been made!

Now if anyone is interested in helping out on getting this mod/mission fully functioning in IFA3 then head over to the

development thread seen here on IF Fan forums:

http://ironfront.forumchitchat.com/post/ragnarok44-ifa3-development-8248018

Mission

Download
Baranow Crossroads

Description
Situated in a town, surrounded by forest and field, the Russians have the advantage right at the start, they are aggressive
because they dont have the terrain as a challenge like you do.
   Russians are closer to the strategic points, and will capture most of them, they will overwhelm you with their tanks and fire
power if you dont act quick at the start of the mission and capture some areas, get enough points to build a tank factory,
the more tanks and mass of infantry you have vs theirs will aid you alot in beating them.
They will surprise you with their tanks even if you outnumber them and have all the strategic points captured, so along with
your tanks, have a couple of AT squads to back up your tanks.

Installation
Move the file --> Ragnarok'44-Colleville_Engaged.Colleville.pbo
to

IFA2
Ragnarok'44 mod
CBA

changelog
  • release

An update to the IFA3 development version.

Kju has been helping me port/fix/update Ragnarok for IFA3, a recent post from him states he has fixed the issues and that i can test the updated version,

so i got a new version of the mod and updated demo mission, will be testing and record a test video for you guys to check out.

More info on the IFA3 development for Ragnarok see the thread here on Iron front Fan forums:

http://ironfront.forumchitchat.com/post/ragnarok44-ifa3-development-8248018?trail=15

Hey guys, a quick update on progress of the IFA3 port, as you can see in recent videos of my tests in IFA3, almost all functions, buildings ect, have been fixed,

I should have another vid soon to demonstrate how much further we are as there has been a few more fixes, and tweaks since the last video.

Currently Rydygier and I have been discussing in pm about a couple of small issues with the enemy Ai and its functions, basically trying to further understand the processes at hand.

I have to say that the mission is pretty much playable at this point, and probably could be released aside 1 thing that needs to be fixed as it dont work, but aside that for now wait

for my next video might be my last test video (number 5) to point out and demonstrate some points, and things i been encountering, for now will have it soon! Stay tuned!

Update - testing in IFA3 Lite

Here is the latest video of tests I did this past Wednesday morning, the tests demonstrates a few updates, and fixes

and we were looking for the following:

• What the enemy AI deploy & their numbers when they are initially going to capture SP's (strategic points)
  • what they deploy when recapturing SP's
  • What they deploy, use, and do when the player capture's their SP's, and faces them in combat
  • Overall oddities, issues, error messages, and basically bugs

The testing started on the original demo mission that we have been previously only testing on with all other tests, I decided to take it a bit further

so i updated 2 of my recent missions I built for the Arma2OA (IFA2) version and tested on those, see the video for details and overall

demonstration on where Ragnarok'44 is now.

Note - all testing done in this video was conducted prior to the recent v12 IFA3 Lite update ( i just missed it! )

Current plans

I plan on releasing Ragnarok'44 for IFA3 lite as a Beta as it still has issues that need to be fixed, overall the mission/mode

works but their will be possibly bugs, error messages, etc

For now stay tuned and look for the release soon! ;) i will have a new thread for the IFA3 version and leave this thread for the IFA2 (Arma2OA version).

See this thread for the IFA3 (Iron front in Arma3) version:

https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/196146-sp-ragnarok44/