DSabre

Civil Aviation

It's getting too confusing for me. Also easier on the kind folks hosting addons i believe.

Helijah's counter is at 254 aircraft, 230 of them on blendswap (that means it is possible to convert to Arma 3).

So...it could get rather large eventually . )

Forgot to mention, there's a small bonus plane included for the inconvinience:

untitled.jpg

Will you be adding the Il-76 as well? Maybe you could package the military variant (and/or a military version of An-12) with the C-130 Hercules. The US forces can usually find a cargo plane, while the Russians always get the short end of the stick. Ideally, it'd have a ViV version for transporting and paradropping vehicles.

Anyway, it's good to see some civil aviation come to ArmA.

Yes the IL-76 is 25% done. I just updated the An-12 and An-22 and added the apex vehicle loading feature.

If I go crazy and do the Noratlas and/or Boxcar I will probably make a new addon called cargo aircraft or something. But that is a long shot and might not happen. On the other hand I do like cargo/logistics aircraft.

V 1.01 on steam

-added apex vehicle transport function

Is An-22 going to get a better texture at some point? The current one looks quite flat and low-res. I'd really love to have this camo scheme (dunno if it's actually used on VVS planes, but it sure looks cool):
_84739068_rusantonov.jpg

Also, in An-12, the cargo bay floor is set too low and vehicles stick through it. Particularly problematic with BMD-2 from RHS, since tracks clip through the hull and are visible from the outside. Another thing, you need to have separate passenger and vehicle cargo versions - passengers can't see the vehicles transported by the vehicle they're sitting in.

The An-22 is just a sort of bonus plane at the moment. I see it more as an AI controlled plane in use for paradrop scripts.

Making an interior for it is not as easy as I thought. I might revisit it at some time though.

You are free to make your own  textures and send to me, you can find a gimp template in the FlightGear download on Helijah's Website

Cargo versions, good idea. There seems to be no way I can make them visible to passengers.

Going to adjust the floor a little.

Edited by [Dust]Sabre

I just found another problem with the vehicle transport feature. When carrying multiple vehicles, the "unload all vehicles" action doesn't seem to work properly, only unloading one vehicle. The VEHICLE GET OUT waypoint does not unload more than one vehicle, either. Tested with both An-12 (2 vehicles) and An-22 (3 vehicles). Multiple waypoints in a row do not get around this. It's very problematic when setting up paradrops, so I hope you can get this bug fixed. It's not a BIS bug because I tested it with the Blackfish and it did work properly for both player and AI. 

I'm so big about An-22 because I recently got around to playing BF3 (got it as a freebie on Origin someday) and while it wasn't really a good game, it had some good cinematic sequences. A mass paradrop by a huge fleet of An-22s was one of them and, to put it bluntly, I want that in ArmA3. :)

Maybe that's caused by changing the unload time to 10 seconds. I will change it back to the default 2 seconds next update.

a few teasers of what is coming soon:

3B40CFBC345A62BA71EC13E1B3E03668F946E286

Gee Bee Repsol

860C01BC62A7AD5F717C11BC78C937CFEE29D37F

ASK 21 MI

022FEFE3DF4439EA0D5CE0F6A6BD3EFAC5DB316B

ASK 21 MI and Jet Powered Grob G 102 Astir

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

Grob G 115

That explains it. At 400km/h (about the "default" cruising speed for your cargo planes), the plane crosses 111m in every second. 10 second delay would result in two vehicles landing one click apart. Two seconds between drops results in a much more reasonable 222m gap. 

New Version 1.1

added Ask 21 Mi, Grob G 115, Diamond Katana, FK9 Mk2

Looks like An-12 is fixed, An-22 not so much. I found another problem, though. For some reason, targeting doesn't work reliably on An-12. from the front it's allright, but from the bottom and rear I don't seem to be able to lock onto it. The targeting system seems to think it's obstructed somehow. Could you look into it?

Also, the planes are way too though. This might be an artifact of ArmA's poor damage model, but they take multiple rounds from a tank and seem to remain flight-worthy. Destroying an An-12 with regular AA weapons border on impossible.

It's probably an artifact of me not understanding Armas damage system. I had huge problems making the Gotha and Vimy damageable. Even with a setting of 10 hitpoints : )

And I never quite understood how I managed to change it

No Helos in here. Maybe someday I might try another one. Wanted to make one for my RC Plane mod but it never moved : P

A few other things are in the pipeline though:

F2818E474264783F05AA6D74E1C93055FA911FD1

De Havilland Canada DHC-3 Otter (yes Floatplane coming too)

BF19D3E177DDF190CA8DA2EF243F06DDB5C948D2

Fairchild C-119 Flying Boxcar

another thing I just dug out of my archive:

I was playing around with the old Arma 2 parachute. This is what happened.

Might include it in the next version or as stand alone

Powered Paraglider

CDA15737DB32FD5F0421DA7ADE7BF47FF3875723

B9BAAB7200BFDC1BF4309430B183B3ACC08DF358

A0A9CB4699F03677497B0F931437607F666BF923

Edited by [Dust]Sabre
  • Like 1

Ok the Paraglider sidetracked me a little. I put it in a separate addon.

The DHC-3 is next. For some reason the ground handling is even worse than usual. I have deactivated airplaneX. that means you won't be able to push it around on ground with other vehicles.

Just have to animate the side doors and it's ready.

7E7880EBA6E4A3D2ECED24DFA0EDB9DE5364C642

• Like 1

V 1.2 
added C2a, DHC-3

• Like 5

Just took the C-2A up for a spin from Stratis and then the Nimitz. Quite a blast to have a COD plane around! Thanks a lot for the port.

Your welcome. I plan to update it sometime in the near future - if you have any suggestions let me know.

on the list I already have:

-animate instruments,

-add some rudimentary interior with a radar operator seat to the hawkeye

Can we get a military version of C119 with miniguns? Like a Spooky? 

v 1.21
more control surfaces got animated for the 737
eden preview pics added