Sign in to follow this  
pooroldspike

Is there a 'Sling weapons' key?

How do we make our character sling his weapons onto his back to leave his arms free so he can sprint like Usain Bolt? I've experimented with the Sprint key assignment but it seems to have no effect.

The only way I can make him sprint is to do a clumsy workaround by hitting the B (binocs) key which makes him sling his weapons onto his back and raise the binocs to his eyes, then hitting the I key to bring up the inventory and chuck his binocs onto the ground. He's then free to sprint as in the pics below with his arms flailing like pistons on the Orange Blossom Special by holding down the 'Move fast' key.

However that only works once because he loses his sprint capability the next time he raises his weapon.

So I'm looking for a key somewhere that makes him sling his weapons to leave his arms free to sprint.

Any ideas?

AA3-sprint_zpszm3ej6xg.jpg~original

Thanks, and just for the record, I mentioned my Sprint key assignment in standard AA3 doesn't do anything, so what's it for?

The 3 other infantry forward movement keys do work fine, namely slow/normal/fast. 

Thanks, and just for the record, I mentioned my Sprint key assignment in standard AA3 doesn't do anything, so what's it for?

The 3 other infantry forward movement keys do work fine, namely slow/normal/fast. 

If you can't run with a loadout like on the pictures, it must be new fatigue system. If you carry so much you can't run, but there are few mods like ultimate soldier mod which removes all the fatigue system and makes you able to run forever with any loadout. Otherwise if you can't run no matter what, sorry i can't help about it.

Another way to have no weapon in hands is through a bug with the Apex RPG-7- If you have that equipped and dive to the ground you holster it but don't draw your rifle/pistol, so you can walk around unarmed if you want without dropping gear. 

You have to press move keys to sprint?

I have found out that if you hold a launcher and press "lower weapon" key, the character will not take primary to hands after placing launcher on the back.

But It doesn't always work.

Take out your pistol and press the "lower weapon" key. The character should holster it, leaving your hands free.

In ACE3 you can put your weapon on back and have hands free.

Take out your pistol and press the "lower weapon" key. The character should holster it, leaving your hands free.

Nope, he'll just lower it.