Play3r

How to make a map change in Eden 3d

I want to make one part off a game start on one kind of map Desert map "Takistan" and the save the game and then it jumps to another map "Chernarus"

can that be done, or do i have to make my mission only on one map.. 

Missions must be on the same map and cannot transition. The only way to do it is make two or more missions on different maps which are configured to automatically transition to the next, but I believe that only works for singleplayer missions.

• Like 1

Thx for the response target_pratice

Can you guide me in the the transition or give me a link..

The Chapter Class
  1. There is at least one chapter in any campaign.
  2. There is often only one chapter in a campaign.
  3. Chapters contain missions. Campaigns do not.

class Chapter1 : NoEndings

{

name = "Chapter I - Nogova Island"; // a fade in to the player of where they're at.

cutscene = Chapter1Cutscene.Noe; // an optional cutscene.

firstMission = Mission1; // note the liberal use of semi colons, or crash

end1 = Chapter2;

end2 = Chapter2;

end3 = Chapter2;

end4 = Chapter2;

end5 = Chapter2;

end6 = Chapter2;

lost = ; // end the campaign if a mission wants you to

class Mission1 {...}; // whatever

class Mission2 {...}; // see missions for the body text

class LastMission{...};

};

chapters establish an (optional) cutscene and organise missions into some semblance of sanity. Eg, as author, you might put all your Nogova missions within a chapter, all your Malden missions in another.

The name of chapter classes are arbitrary. For legibility here they are named "chapter1 chapter2 and etc solely to show a program flow. It does not follow that simply because chapter2 is written next (if it's written next), chapter 1 will fall thru to it. You must specifically state it.

bigpoppablunts the part i have made red and big, do you think that i can make that on another map maybe ??

all i want is a kind of intro on the other map and then load the mission map with 2 missions.. ??

Someone with more experience than I should chime in when it comes to campaign configs.

However I would see no reason why you could not make an intro on any terrain into a video and play it for the user. https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/BIS_fnc_playVideo

People on this forum are generally friendly and helpful, maybe PM someone that has made a campaign that does something similar to what you want to accomplish.

• Like 1

Someone with more experience than I should chime in when it comes to campaign configs.

However I would see no reason why you could not make an intro on any terrain into a video and play it for the user. https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/BIS_fnc_playVideo

People on this forum are generally friendly and helpful, maybe PM someone that has made a campaign that does something similar to what you want to accomplish.

Thx for the help..