thobson

Old Old Depbo Program

I am trying to depbo an OFP mission from over 10 years ago.  The depbo programs I can find now seem to work with ArmA but are not compatible with the original OFP.

Does anyone have in an old backup somewhere a depbo program from 10+ years ago.  I know they worked then.

Many thanks

try eliteness or extractpbo from mikero

Thanks.  Eliteness creates files that contain gibberish so I assume it is not backwards compatible.  ExtractPBO I can't get to work.  I will contact mikero, I know him well.

Many thanks once again.

this is the first i've heard that my tools cannot extract cwc pbos. they work well here.

more likely your pbo is gibberish :rolleyes:

@mikero

Thank you mate.  I didn't realise you were still around here.  I hope you are well.  I am struggling with time at the moment so it may be 'operator error' on my part  :rolleyes: .  I will be in touch via email.  It was really weird recently getting an email from someone who as an infant watched a relative play the mission and now 11 years later is playing it himself.  It brought back a lot of memories.  He would have been a good beta tester.  He did something neither I nor any of the other testers managed to do, he got the second set of civis killed and got a message to say they were okay!

Anyway the immediate problem has gone away.  I searched deep into my backups and found the pre-pbo files so all is well there, though I still want to de-pbo the stock OFP music.  This renewed interest has made me want to play the mission again but when I try I can't even get to the first cutscene.  Age I guess.  This is a great disappointment to my 10 yr old grandson who wants to hear is mum and dad in the mission.

All the best.

TH

Thanks.  Eliteness creates files that contain gibberish so I assume it is not backwards compatible.  ExtractPBO I can't get to work.  I will contact mikero, I know him well.

Many thanks once again.

It sounds like you might be trying to unpbo original CWC missions. These also have been rapified, fortunetly Mikeros Elitness has an unrap feature you must first use on the mission before depbo. In case I'm off base with my assumption here are some links to old PBO tools.

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/utilities/pbo_decryptor13.zip

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/utilities/pbo_decryptor15.zip

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/utilities/PBOTool101a.zip

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/utilities/PBOtools.zip

ftp://www.ofpr.info/ofpd/utils/PboX_v1.0.rar

ftp://www.ofpr.info/ofpd/utils/WinPboPack.rar

ftp://www.ofpr.info/ofpd/utils/pbotool_tc5_plugin.zip  <<Plugin for Total Commander

• Like 1

@zulu1

I am indeed wanting to depbo original CWC files.  Thank you for the links I will check them all out.  Much appreciated,

that's nice info zulu has supplied, and, accurate. but, to my best knowledge extractpbo always 'autodetects' which style of rapify it is and converts it to plain text accordingly.

As for your quite pathetic attempts to play Abandoned Armies (which was created by a genius btw)  all i can tell you is I have made so many attempts to port it into arma, it's embarrassing. There are no women soldiers in the arma series, which destroys 40% of the immersion into that most brilliant of all ofp missions ever made.

Also since it relies on object id's, bis in their own brilliance decided they weren't needed any more. So a monumental effort is required to translate all that sqs.

Thank you for the appreciation and your accurate assessment of my playing skills (now).

No object id's?  That would make the mission completely impossible to build.  How do you turn off specific street lights, empty specific fuel stations, destroy vast numbers of houses, fences and trees, not to mention locating units and waypoints in relation to objects on the island.  The mission makes so much use of object id's that it had to be played on the original OFP map, a slight edit would throw everything out which was irritating since one of the road signs at La trinity was incorrect and I wanted to change it but that would mean the mission could only be played on my map.

Apologies for maligning your depbo utilities, as I said, operator error.  I must have been using someone else's program that I had previously down loaded.  I'll send you an email.