genesis92x

Weird noises from character.

Hey all, just thought I would report this as something odd.

I was playing with my friends and we came across this...odd noise. We found out the noise was coming from one of our team members. He was cooing like a baby? We confirmed it wasn't his voice chat... I recorded it so I could share it.

I also found a video with the identical noise one year ago here: 

Here is our video with the same noise as above:

I did a quick google search and nothing else came up - soooo just thought I would bring this up again.

At the time we were playing Libertion Apex, running the RHS mod and Vcom AI mod.

Sounds like a cat to me.That is bizarre. The second link you gave does not seem to work though.

• Like 1

Sounds like a cat to me.That is bizarre. The second link you gave does not seem to work though.

Thanks! Just fixed the link. It is such a strange sound...

Edit: I am curious why this was moved to Arma 3 troubleshooting instead of just being in Arma 3 General? I just feel like it doesn't fit in with the usual troubleshooting posts? Anyway, not a big deal ^^ Thank you :D

Thanks! Just fixed the link. It is such a strange sound...

It's really bizarre. I would have just assumed it was coming from the players mic - but you say you are sure it was not?really sounds like a cat that is complaining about somthing-they can make weird sounds

Haunted-Confirmed.  It's the ghosts of countless CSAT troops killed since Arma3's Alpha-they seek revenge from beyond the grave.

• Like 1

It's really bizarre. I would have just assumed it was coming from the players mic - but you say you are sure it was not?really sounds like a cat that is complaining about somthing-they can make weird sounds

Haunted-Confirmed.  It's the ghosts of countless CSAT troops killed since Arma3's Alpha-they seek revenge from beyond the grave.

It was definitely not coming from a mic - it is also the exact same sound that was in a video posted a year ago. Which would be awfully hard to duplicate with a mic ^^ The sound stopped after he rejoined the server. A part of me wants to believe it's some strange Bohemia easter egg...but most likely a bug with RHS? (Although the people who recorded this a year ago do not seem to be running RHS).

I might have to dig around in Bohemia's game and see if I can find a sound file somewhere.......

• Like 1

There is no doubt in my mind that is a cat howling about something.

Interesting. I don't own a cat but work with kiddos, so I guess that's why I also heard a child cooing ^^

I feel like this has to be something to do with Bohemia's game...but apparently it's super rare or a very specific bug.

• Like 1

Interesting. I don't own a cat but work with kiddos, so I guess that's why I also heard a child cooing ^^

I feel like this has to be something to do with Bohemia's game...but apparently it's super rare or a very specific bug.

You may be right about a rare easter egg. My girlfriend was playing dragon age:inquisiation on it's launch day and clipped through the floor to a secret room where she found a giant polka dot covered owl...Two weeks later someone showed it on the bioware forum and the devs said they never thought anyone would find it-it was an area they decided not to use and closed off, but a dev put the owl in secretly. Maybe this is a weird rare thing like that?

• Like 2

You may be right about a rare easter egg. My girlfriend was playing dragon age:inquisiation on it's launch day and clipped through the floor to a secret room where she found a giant polka dot covered owl...Two weeks later someone showed it on the bioware forum and the devs said they never thought anyone would find it-it was an area they decided not to use and closed off, but a dev put the owl in secretly. Maybe this is a weird rare thing like that?

Haha wow! I love easter eggs like that. It may be. I will have to decompile the game and do a search for sounds just to see if it exists anywhere.

• Like 2

I've heard this weird muffled sound in multi-player co-op before but just disregarded it as an overspill of comms. There's bigger fish to fry with this game though. ;)

I've heard this weird muffled sound in multi-player co-op before but just disregarded it as an overspill of comms. There's bigger fish to fry with this game though. ;)

This game is haunted by a spooky dead cat!! Who randomly chooses to haunt a specific player. OOOOOOOooooooooOOooooo

OR

Could it mean that the entire A3 universe takes place from inside a cat's dream world!??!!? IS THAT WHY CATS ALWAYS LOOK SO ANGRY!?!?!? 

That's a big deal man. You never know when it will strike.  :eek:

• Like 2