thirith

Repeatable trigger "OPFOR present": reliable?

Perhaps the answer to this is obvious, but since I don't yet know exactly how Arma 2 works behind the scenes and I've heard dark rumours about how scripting can sometimes produce... let's say 'unpredictable' results, I hope you'll forgive this newbie question.

If I create an "OPFOR present" trigger and set it to "Repeatedly", is that trigger set to true or false from the beginning, and is it accurate throughout the mission? Concretely, I'm working on a mission where OPFOR might or might not attack an airstrip, and there are various situations where I have to check if they're there at present or not. Will that trigger always give me the correct information?

Yes it will give you the correct answers. Repeated means once the trigger is active (condition has been met), and after when it deactivates (condition is no longer met). It is possible for it to go active again. For a infinite amount of times. 

If the trigger is true or false at the start depends on how you set it up. if you have a area where you want units to go in to get it activated, so if OPFOR PRESENT, it should be false on the start, once opfor goes in its active. when to go out its not active, if they go in again it active, and so on for a infinite amount of times.

• Like 1