Sign in to follow this  
Chevy90

D3D Error Device Removed and FPS Bug

Hey Guys  

• The Problem i have is that i can not play arma 3 longer then 1 houre withought getting this error FPS bug Drops

There u can see the video, iam so confused, i dont know what to do.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/30566322/RPT.rarRPT Dropbox Files

Thinks i allready did

• Reinstall Windows
  • Reinstall Drivers
  • Reinstall Arma 3 and all Mods and without mods
  • Changed SSD´S
  • Uninstalled Avast - Buyd Bitdefender
  • Changed Parameters - And wtihout Parameters.

I dont know anything else which i can do more to prevent this from happening, if u have any soulutions please help !

bump!

Please don't bump thread, please be patient and wait for a reply this is a forum not an instant messaging service.

• Like 2

Hi all,

I have exactly the same problems  :

1/ frequent (every 30 minutes to 1 hour range) lasting reduction of performance (3 FPS). After a few minutes, either game crash or (rarely) recovery.

I understand that this issue is known by BI and under investigation.

2/ frequent (order of magnitude every 1 hour) crash : D3D Error - DGXI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED

I know plenty of co-gamers which have the same problems (either one, or both) since APEX introduction.

This is clearly constituting a severe impairment to efficient cooperative gaming capability in our team.

My own configuration (all drivers up-to-date) : Windows 10, GeForce GTX660

Regards,

I've been having this problem since the last update.  Here are things I tried since yesterday that may have made it better:

Try not using a pagefile.

In your Arma3.cfg file, change:

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=0;
GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=0;

In your Audio Properties, change to 16bit, 96000 Hz

I immediately noticed an improvement when someone on-line was firing HE shells that it improved the stuttering I was getting from it. There's still a performance impact but only slightly, so this tells me (Apex) audio files are again in question.

I also noticed a huge difference between an Invade & Annex missions from 2 teams. One buttery smooth without a lot of mission scripts, the other had all kinds of options but it thrashes the perf.

--Edit--

Wanted to add that dwarden has posted new Profiling with Performance binaries (v13) in this thread. Good stuff!

--Edit--

Member lex_1 suggested turning OFF Intel Virtualization Technology in your BIOS.

Try deleting your player.cfg files and making new ones.

**FULL DISCLOSURE**

Nothing above has worked on fixing the 2fps bug with this game.

Hi all,

I have exactly the same problems  :

1/ frequent (every 30 minutes to 1 hour range) lasting reduction of performance (3 FPS). After a few minutes, either game crash or (rarely) recovery.

I understand that this issue is known by BI and under investigation.

2/ frequent (order of magnitude every 1 hour) crash : D3D Error - DGXI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED

I know plenty of co-gamers which have the same problems (either one, or both) since APEX introduction.

This is clearly constituting a severe impairment to efficient cooperative gaming capability in our team.

My own configuration (all drivers up-to-date) : Windows 10, GeForce GTX660

Regards,

I have the same problem, same Graphic Cards but Win 7 (64Bit).

Already installed anything new, new Drivers, anything, there are a lot of People who has this Problem but BIS is doing nothing about this Issue !

is this normal that nobody knows what this problem is ?

there is nothing on the web, nothing somewhere else , the BI Support just gives casual informations....

Are all the people in the thread having issues nvidia caed owners?

Chevy are these same problems happening when you are on development branch or the rc branch of arma.

Hi all,

I have exactly the same problems :

My own configuration (all drivers up-to-date) : Windows 10, GeForce GTX660

Regards,

I was getting frequently this error device removed but not in awhile. I'm not saying it is solution but I'm on older driver 361.91. I lowered Aa settings to x4.

Try also get om Dev or rc branch to see if it still prominent.

Sent from phone apologies for dp.

Are all the people in the thread having issues nvidia caed owners?

Chevy are these same problems happening when you are on development branch or the rc branch of arma.

Yes my friend, its Nvidia grafics, i dident try rc or dev branch, how do i do that ?

This getting REALLY frustrating. game runs fine in MP with 25-40fps and at one point drops to 3 fps. (Nvidia)

Only thing that helps is restarting arma, but you might get the same bug after 3mins...

Seemly this is VERY common problem right now and it makes the game unplayable...

Yeah they're looking into it - there's no workaround unfortunately.  Apparently, there is an inability of the game to assign memory as needed, so the game hits mem cap and crashes or slows down to 3 fps.

If you want to help resolve it, download the profiling branch as described here:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Steam_Branches#Arma_3_Server

and send in your logs.

• Like 1