sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam War Mod 3.0C - CHARLIE Released !!!

And work is being done on ALiVE compatibility as well... Woohoo !

Regards,

Scott

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Egg,

Yeah - while no expert - from my understanding there are two ways to provide compatibility with ALiVE - one is working with the mod - the other is with ALiVE... I believe "OpenDome" stated he was working on the 2nd method for inclusion with a future release of ALiVE - as time permits... 

Regards,
Scott

Is vegetation of unsung maps works same as Tanoa map? Can enemy  AI see through it?

Hey guys,

Enjoyed the mod so far, something different from the Arma 3 mods that I play regularly. Great work! 

So far there was 1 thing I would change. Adding moonlight. The nights are just pitch dark and there is no moon anywhere.   

Have you tried to change the date so you have a full moon? Realistic moon phases are part of the game.

Is vegetation of unsung maps works same as Tanoa map? Can enemy  AI see through it?

try it and see.

Looks great guys and gals. I've never really used this addon much because there is very little SP missions that use it, but the new pics etc look great.Going to download now and check it out.Thanks :)

Looks great guys and gals. I've never really used this addon much because there is very little SP missions that use it, but the new pics etc look great.Going to download now and check it out.Thanks :)

Hi...

Be prepared to be blown away...

Look for "Grunt's" SP missions - they were designed for Bravo but they might still work... They're a hoot...

Regards,

Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

@scottb613  Great,thanks :) I'll check them out.

I see them on the workshop-it says Grunts Unsung Charlie missions so they must have been updated?

Quick question-Does Unsung change any gameplay stuff?Like armour values etc?Or is it alright to have it running with my other mods-RHS,CUP,Massi's etc etc

• Like 1

Well it has so many fundamental changes to the config values it could be ran alone.  Doubt it would work with other mods such as RHS etc... but then again why would you since it is a Vietnam era mod  :)

It needs CBA of course.

It should work with ACE.  I think they started working on ACE compatibility values a while ago.

I got it, its working as tanoa, Awesome !!!!!!

Enemy is so crazy with frags, they are tossing it like hell.  LOL

Thanks Unsung Team. Amazing work !!

• Like 2

Well it has so many fundamental changes to the config values it could be ran alone.  Doubt it would work with other mods such as RHS etc... but then again why would you since it is a Vietnam era mod  :)

It needs CBA of course.

It should work with ACE.  I think they started working on ACE compatibility values a while ago.

Modern equipment mixes well with past equipment as it's used by insurgents and less modernized armies.

Let me restate it then.

The unsung mod was designed as a "standalone" mod in that it was never intended to work with other mods in mind, nor was it tested with other mods. 

Your Mileage May Vary.  Caveat Emptor.  Drink milk before taking.  Do not expose to direct sunlight.  Etc.

Sav may have something else to say to that however that is how it always was when I was involved.

• Like 2

like pook says, we've got enough on our hands without trying to make our mod work with everybody elses.

• Like 1

Some of members in my unit do not have apex, they cannot see trees.

77B709B5C12880BAF3B7688A4DF26D768F471E9A

4B250EBA175C9FF04F25B65D85579CDB7EC4EEB4

Some of members in my unit do not have apex, they cannot see trees.

IMPORTANT NOTES : THIS VERSION REQUIRES THE TANOA / APEX  DLC TO GET 100% OUT OF THIS RELEASE.

If you do not have this DLC Our Islands may Show little or no Foliage or objects. You also may not be able to connect to MP servers running Charlie Version.

/\ Referring to the very first page of this thread.

• Like 7

if you call yourself JSOC, you should demonstrate a little more field sense, and do some research ;)

live up to your name!

• Like 2

Nah, that's the Exmoor edition. If you look closely you can see the ponies and people having picnics. ;-)

• Like 1

no purple heather though! or lorna doone wanderin about with a basket.

• Like 1