GBee2

Getting Linux/Mac Users organised to offer a better MP experience

We all know how it is right now, you look for MP servers and out of the tiny number running 1.54, most are empty and if you are lucky there may be a few which have 1-2 people in each. It sucks right?

So why don't we start getting organised? Get together a group, pick some times which work for people in different timezones and communicate that to the wider Linux/Mac Arma 3 community. As long as we individually start our own servers and wait in vain for more than a couple of people to join us the MP experience is going to be miserable.

I know there are a LOT of Arma 3 linux players, and I know all of them hate the current state of affairs, we just have to get the ball rolling. So who is with me?

• Like 1

One idea is to start a Steam group for Linux and Mac Arma 3 players. If you know a LOT of Arma 3 Linux players then you're probably a good candidate to form such a group. Then you can create events for gathering players together at a specific time and place. I have PM'd my Steam name so that you can add me.

If you're going to put effort into scheduling events then you might as well make them unique. Most of the people that I know are bored with playing against the AI so we schedule events to play missions with first person only, formal leadership structure, no respawn, and team versus team structure (with no AI). A good starting point would be Dynamic Take and Secure.

An "Arma 3 on Linux and Mac" group has been setup on Steam for all those who are interested. A corresponding server is also running and some events will be setup in future through this group.

The group currently has 89 members and growing.