mikephoenix

[WIP] - MK10 Landing Craft Utility

MK10 Landing Craft Utility - by Mike PhoeniX

8xteNmI.jpg

BeJXiIa.jpg

I decided to make a MK10 LCU because of a need of such by my Millsim Unit (16AA), and what was currently available could not do what we needed. Currently i have it working to some extent in game but im still configing it up and i still need to model the view cargo LOD. Once finished il be releasing it to the Arma community. 

Current Working Features: 

• Moving Front Ramp
  • Moving Rear Ramp
  • Sounds for the ramps (thanks to VKing for his help with the config for this!)
  • Retractable NAV light frame

Future Features To be Added:

• GPMG guns added to the sides and rear
  • Vehicle loading capability
  • Capacity to carry 35 soldiers

Il be streaming my work on this project at https://www.twitch.tv/mikephoenix85 please drop by and say Hi!

• Like 21

Nice to see you releasing this! Made some progress since you showed me lasttime ;) Looks awesome! 

Very nice-good to see this and several other naval assets being worked on.

We in 3cb use Burnes' mk10 currently which he lost when his HDD failed so this is welcome news that another one is being made

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very cool.

Will vehicle loading be done with the new APEX Vehicle in Vehicle?

Very cool.

Will vehicle loading be done with the new APEX Vehicle in Vehicle?

I assume that could be done. I know i wont use it tough, ill just drive the cars on, and leave them there. Worked with Burnes MK10. Altough, sometimes, if u turn very hard, the cars move a bit. Altugh, Burned system, locked the car where u parked it, i think that is a better version than the Apex one. 

But it is all up to Mike what he wants to do ;)

Great job as always Mike!

Driving them on all works well in SP how ever MP is a different beast, it would be rude to not take advantage of the new vehicle loading feature that apex has brought us. Since posting the initial post iv implimented the apex vehicle loading, just need to tweak a few things with it!

• Like 2

Driving them on all works well in SP how ever MP is a different beast, it would be rude to not take advantage of the new vehicle loading feature that apex has brought us. Since posting the initial post iv implimented the apex vehicle loading, just need to tweak a few things with it!

Never tought of MP. And i never said not to use the system ;) Just said that i would mostly just drive them on ;)

Great work anyways Mike! ;)

Cool stuff, the boats looking great!

Very nice, looking forward to this!

Little update: After returning from my holiday i decided to do a repaint as i was not happy with the textures, here's my progress so far!

mk10pres6.png

• Like 10

Little update: After returning from my holiday i decided to do a repaint as i was not happy with the textures, here's my progress so far!

mk10pres6.png

Beutiful!

the first ones were indeed a bit orange, well done on the repaint!

Are you planning different camo schemes? (i'm thinking black/green)?

Great looking Model..any chance there will be different skins available? Could really really use this on Tanoa for those of us that don't fly to transport vehicles. Great work. Will be keeping a close eye on this!

Diesel

There will be a couple of extra skins, planning on a neutral grey skin and maybe make up a fictitious shipping company one. There also will be a non armed varient

• Like 3

I Really like the idea of Civi versions. A) as a ferry option for Tanoa island hoppers, and B ) Perhaps a rusted Pirate version... Again nice mission objectives.

• Like 2

A heavily rusted version could be quite fun, iv come a cross a green variant of the camo so il include that eventually too!