chris5790

Enable free look manually or enable free look when attached

Hey folks,

I'm trying to disable the rotation of a player when moving the mouse, meaning that the unit of the player is looking in the same direction all the time. 

My first attempt ended up in attaching the player to a Land Clutter Cutter so he can't rotate his unit. However, they are of course not able to rotate or enable their free look. 

Is there a possibility to enable free look manually or enable free look when a player is attached to something?

Otherwise, is there an alternative to attach the player to an object? I thought about overriding the mouse handler but this is not possible.

Greetings

What do you need this for? An option would be to switch the player animation to a static cutscene animation.

Indeed it is for a cutscene. However, the player is already in an restrained animation loop so it wouldn't be possible to use a other animation.

To be more clearly:

The player (and it's fellows) are getting caught by AI and brought to a camp where they get restrained (AmovPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_Ease). Then a cutscene is following in which the player shouldn't be able to turn his character but his camera.

Edit:

I didn't realized that it is only possible to turn with Shift and Q and E. I just made an KeyDown evh overriding this keys.

So this is solved. Thanks for advance.