Sign in to follow this  
Roddis

Prone to crouch issue [SOLVED]

I think that its aged thing, but still make me crazy.

In Altis/Stratis was only that little wall.

Now in Tanoa i found so many situation make it to appears.

I cant understand how this dont be a priority.

All the time it happens it results in an immediately headshot, cause prone stance is tough situation related, and of course imediately amount of shit out of my mouth.

Please look at that or explain why you get around.

Ps. In the video no one time the prone to crounch is intentional.

• Like 6

I think that its aged thing, but still make me crazy.

In Altis/Stratis was only that little wall.

Now in Tanoa i found so many situation make it to appears.

I cant understand how this dont be a priority.

All the time it happens it results in an immediately headshot, cause prone stance is tough situation related, and of course imediately amount of shit out of my mouth.

Please look at that or explain why you get around.

I recently found the cause of this problem for one of my friends.

The @personalarsenal mod by Drakeziel on Play withSix is terribly outdated, I don't think it was ever updated since it's original release in 2014. The old version has a CfgMovesBasic class in it for some reason which fucks up the animations for humans. It causes people to randomly go prone or randomly do the 'fall over, out of stamina' animation. Since it never got updated on PW6 this issue stuck around for two years. Removing the mod and replacing it with WebSlugs' Virtual Arsenal Anyway (@va) on PW6 is the cure.

If you don't use the aforementioned outdated version of that mod then I wouldn't know what the problem is...

Kind regards,

Sanchez

No i think is a well known issue by BIS.

In any case i play vanilla Arma.

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T117864

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T117123

Also mentioned in the General Branch discussion thread many times even before 1.60 release, but it somehow made it into stable and even through another stable release. I'm not that hopeful for a fix.

(Being nearby a low stone wall is a different issue (reported separately, don't have the tracker ID, it's much older though.)

I have a feeling that it's those small stones and "bumps" in geometry/roadway LOD that cause this.  When the "ray tracing" downwards for detection of slope you are standing on falls on the edge of a stone, it propably thinks you are moving on a steep mountain slope. These small stones shouldnt have collision ... its silly. When you are on Tanoa on the crater edge looking towards that radio station, there are many small pebbles that can cause the same.

I have a feeling that it's those small stones and "bumps" in geometry/roadway LOD that cause this.  When the "ray tracing" downwards for detection of slope you are standing on falls on the edge of a stone, it propably thinks you are moving on a steep mountain slope. These small stones shouldnt have collision ... its silly. When you are on Tanoa on the crater edge looking towards that radio station, there are many small pebbles that can cause the same.

No. It's not mod related, and it's certainly not because of objects. I've had this issue in the middle of an open field. Not only that, i've been in situations where i NEED to be prone, and because of this glitch, i've had bullets so close to my jugular it's not even funny. It happens when your prone and you turn your mouse to either side too fast. It's extremely annoying as hell. Hope it gets fixed soon.

On anther note, there's a serious issue with memory now. not sure what it is, but i've never seen so many steam ticket kicks, as well as game crashes based on memory. 

EDIT: does the T-100 have advanced Counter measures i don't know of? Just had a strange anomaly where i couldn't lock onto it with the PCML, so i just fired it using the ranging, and even though it was a perfect trajectory, the missile dived down into the ground as it was about to hit it about 50 feet away and exploded. If it's not a feature, please look into it.

No. It's not mod related, and it's certainly not because of objects. I've had this issue in the middle of an open field. Not only that, i've been in situations where i NEED to be prone, and because of this glitch, i've had bullets so close to my jugular it's not even funny. It happens when your prone and you turn your mouse to either side too fast. It's extremely annoying as hell. Hope it gets fixed soon.

I didnt even mention mods. Learn to read. If you would have watched the video, you would have seen that he doesnt turn around fast. He crawls over small stones and it happens.

On anther note, there's a serious issue with memory now. [...]  does the T-100 have advanced Counter measures

way to derail a thread

On anther note, there's a serious issue with memory now. not sure what it is, but i've never seen so many steam ticket kicks...

Yes dont please. 

Today I get at least another two headshot because of that. 

Nobody else thinks that this is a rare game experience killer? 

I didnt even mention mods. Learn to read. If you would have watched the video, you would have seen that he doesnt turn around fast. He crawls over small stones and it happens.

way to derail a thread

My bad, i guess i had misunderstood. However, i've experienced an issue with both, as in the one you mentioned, and the one i mentioned. Both are issues with prone and crouch animations. So it's not really thread derailing if they both fall in the same category in similarly close fashion.

ENGINE

• Added: An engine implementation of the Stance attribute

Any relation with the problem here?

ENGINE

•      Fixed: Characters would be forced to stand up on terrains too steep for being prone

OMG is it?

ENGINE

•      Fixed: Characters would be forced to stand up on terrains too steep for being prone
OMG is it?
That's probably only the old issue, the 1.60 regression was related to mouse-turning rather than steep terrain. Hopefully, it gets fixed soon-ish as well.

Check if that isn't fixed as well, though. I never experienced this so I can't test it myself, but such a change could have also effected that bug.

Yes, yes IT IS!!!

I could test just today coming back to holiday and yes, THANKS BIS, you did to me (and us all i think) a very big gift. 

This was so hateful to my personal ArmA game experience and so unfair that such a delicate combat stance was out of total control, that made me so crazy everytime. 

I dont know why you waited so far, maybe because instead of only one little wall now that happened so much time, but whatever it is, i want to say you thanks one more time.

• Like 2