Sign in to follow this  
driftingnitro

CfgRespawnInventory

Is there a better way to make respawn loadouts besides doing them one by one in the CFGRespawnInventory in the Description.ext like they show in the example here >> https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Respawn

This is the way I've done only ONE of these loadouts but this is so tedious that there has to be a better way.

but this only adds and removes pre-defined inventories from the CfgRespawnInventory in the Descrption.ext.

How is it tedious? Just export all the names you need from virtual arsenal and put them in the template. It should be pretty quick.

How is it tedious? Just export all the names you need from virtual arsenal and put them in the template. It should be pretty quick.

I don't know if you looked at the pastebin, when you have 5 or 6 different types of "Magazines" each with at least 4x. And I need to do this for 12+ loadouts, it's getting to be a bit grating. If Arsenal could export to THIS format that would be useful, but as far as I know it just exports a bunch of "this addMagazine "blah";" stuff. The tedious'ness comes from having to match up the number of magazines with how many times you copy paste it. There is no

_unit addMagazines ["rhs_mag_30Rnd_556x45_M855A1_Stanag_No_Tracer",12];

or

for "_i" from 1 to 8 do {_unit addItemToUniform "ACE_packingBandage";};

like they have in Arsenal.

That's also if having to copy 25+ classnames for each loadout wasn't tedious enough.

Is there something like  

if(modEnabled) then { addModItems }; 

???

I don't see how these scripts are relevant to my issue.

Maybe if my issue was related to the mods but it's about the custom respawn inventories.